Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-31-2009, 07:01 AM
Ledgie

Default BBC1 / Radio 2 this weekend

Sunday night on BBC1 has an hour documentary:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00nq7q9

22:20 BBC1

Then on Sunday, on Johnnie Walker's Radio 2 show, Lindsey and Mick are in the studio:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00nm54x

15:00 - 17:00
Old 11-01-2009, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hope they tell us something about a new album next year!!!

Old 11-01-2009, 03:26 PM
Ledgie

Just listened to the Radio 2 interview. Didn't learn anything new - same stories, same cliches! Though Johnnie Walker isn't the best interviewer in my opinion (though I think he is a great DJ and picks some really good music).

Some limited info on a possible new album. I think I will see the Olympics in London in 2012 before I hear a new album.

The only interesting thing was a bit more about how they managed themselves. I still maintain that the band could have been even bigger with better management, better planning and better promotion.

Even now, they could be releasing new stuff to keep the interest going - remasters, rarities, live CDs/downloads, live boxset, unplugged and even did the odd track for a soundtrack.

Anyway... over to someone else to give a proper review!
Old 11-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenC View Post
Some limited info on a possible new album. I think I will see the Olympics in London in 2012 before I hear a new album.
Interesting. Can you at all sum up the limited info they discussed?

Michele
Old 11-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The broadcast is on the bbc site to listen to, it starts around the 1:11 mark into the show: Johnnie Walker
Old 11-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unfortunately the BBC tv link /BBCi for telly work with UK IP addresses--it's not accessible to those of us outside the UK or using an anonymous proxy, etc. I'm not sure if there is another way around, I'm not terribly techy,but it's so frustrating to us transplanted Brits.

Anyway, would love a review of the BBC doc: anything new or newsworthy? New interviews?

Last edited by jenniferuk; 11-01-2009 at 07:09 PM..
Old 11-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The documentary was OK - nothing new really. John and Mick came across as so funny, I thought.

Christine clearly was not invited to participate or didn't want to, so they used some footage of her from the 1988 documentary and one from her ITM video interview.

It was a decent overview.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The documentary was really good, but nothing new was learnt in terms of the history. New interviews though, taken from the same time I think as when Stevie was in Australia. However, there was a sort of new perspective on the relationships. My mam said something to me after it finished, in reference to Stevie and Lindsey - 'They never forgave each other, did they?' It really got to me. That's the emotion I came away with after watching it. I felt melancholy. It was odd, because normally when I read interviews about them discussing each other I'm just like, 'Same ****, different day.' It was just heartbreaking.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Moon View Post
The documentary was really good, but nothing new was learnt in terms of the history. New interviews though, taken from the same time I think as when Stevie was in Australia. However, there was a sort of new perspective on the relationships. My mam said something to me after it finished, in reference to Stevie and Lindsey - 'They never forgave each other, did they?' It really got to me. That's the emotion I came away with after watching it. I felt melancholy. It was odd, because normally when I read interviews about them discussing each other I'm just like, 'Same ****, different day.' It was just heartbreaking.
It was a really good documentary... very moving!... I found myself shedding a few tears at the end of it as Stevie and Lindsey spoke about their relationship over Landslide... how sad is that? lol

Http://www.andrew-carson.com
Old 11-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree there was a sadness about the whole Stevie/Lindsey relationship that was quite moving - even more so because they both tried so hard to make it sound as if it was all in the past. It so isn't, it seems. Scratch the surface and it's all still there.

Enjoyed the doc overall though.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It was only sad, I thought, when Stevie mentioned that she had never been to Lindsey's house, and that they'll never be 'touchy feely' friends.

I think an hour wasn't long enough to encompass everything, but the BBC didn't do a bad job. I did pick up, however, that the narrator said Big Love was "the biggest hit" from TITN. I was hoping at that point that Christine might make some sort of visual interjection on screen, but no luck!
Old 11-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
It was only sad, I thought, when Stevie mentioned that she had never been to Lindsey's house, and that they'll never be 'touchy feely' friends.

I think an hour wasn't long enough to encompass everything, but the BBC didn't do a bad job. I did pick up, however, that the narrator said Big Love was "the biggest hit" from TITN. I was hoping at that point that Christine might make some sort of visual interjection on screen, but no luck!
That's what I thought! Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it Little Lies in the UK? That documentary should've been split into serial parts.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Moon View Post
That's what I thought! Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it Little Lies in the UK? That documentary should've been split into serial parts.
I think Everywhere did best in the UK, and Little Lies in the US. (But someone here may know better!)
Old 11-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
I think Everywhere did best in the UK, and Little Lies in the US. (But someone here may know better!)
You're right! A quick google search told me that Little Lies went to #5 and Everywhere to #4.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Junior Ledgie

Well allot of people must've watched it. The tickets prices on eBay have just skyrocketed!!