The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-29-2004, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Atlanta fans: What happened to Z93?!?!

I just got back from a trip to Kentucky and I turn on Z93 and it's "Dave FM". What is the deal? Did they fire all the DJ's? It wasn't the best classic rock station, but it's the only one we had! (96 rock is here, but they play "harder" stuff I guess). This REALLY pisses me off. It was the only station I listened to, and the only one that played 70s Fleetwood Mac.

Atlanta radio SUCKS.

adam
Old 07-29-2004, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What????!!!! I don't live around Atlanta anymore, but when I go home as soon as I can pick it up I have it on Z93.
If you thought it sucked now, did you listen to it when they put that country DJ on there in the mornings? I can't think of his name
But this is horrible, I need to call my mother and see what the deal is.
Brit

"I always return here..."
Old 07-29-2004, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes z93 is gone...Dave FM is in "Rock without rules."

No reason or anything has been given...we dont know if the dj's are gone yet because they have been strictly playing music, not talking so far...

They DO play some great varities of music on there, so I like that (although i havent heard any mac yet)---they play DMB, Clapton, White Stripes, Nirvana, Bee Gees, Zepplin, AC/DC, Metallica, Sheryl Crow, Tom Petty, Eagles, Nickleback, Blink 182, Pearl Jam, Modest Mouse, Lynryd Skynyrd, Lennie Kravitz, Jimmi Hendrix, Rolling Stones, Blondie...those are most of the big acts i've heard so far on there..

Z93 was great...mainly because of their devotion to Fleetwood Mac.. They even had "Fleetwood Mac Week" in October of 2002....Were always giving cool Mac stuff away including tickets, backstage access, cd's, etc.. They interviewed Stevie in Aug of 2003 and Lindsey in June of 2003...They've just been great supporters...always always playing mac music, including Peacekeepr and Say You Will a few times.... and I was interviewed on Z93 Live from the Fleetwood Mac show in 2003...very fun, i will miss them...They've been in Atlanta somewhere around 30 yrs now, and looks like it's over..

I'm giving DAVE FM a chance...they have great variety...now if they will put some Mac/Stevie in there...all will be forgiven!
Old 07-29-2004, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yea they did the exact same thing here in Wichita!!!! 96.3 Krzz, was the best Classic rock station. They played FM all the time! No its a RAP station Gross!
Old 07-29-2004, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Are they a Clear Channel station?
Old 07-29-2004, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not sure about DAVE FM...but Z93 was owned by "Infinity Broadcasting"

Chris
Old 07-30-2004, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl
Yes z93 is gone...Dave FM is in "Rock without rules."

No reason or anything has been given...we dont know if the dj's are gone yet because they have been strictly playing music, not talking so far...

They DO play some great varities of music on there, so I like that (although i havent heard any mac yet)---they play DMB, Clapton, White Stripes, Nirvana, Bee Gees, Zepplin, AC/DC, Metallica, Sheryl Crow, Tom Petty, Eagles, Nickleback, Blink 182, Pearl Jam, Modest Mouse, Lynryd Skynyrd, Lennie Kravitz, Jimmi Hendrix, Rolling Stones, Blondie...those are most of the big acts i've heard so far on there..

Z93 was great...mainly because of their devotion to Fleetwood Mac.. They even had "Fleetwood Mac Week" in October of 2002....Were always giving cool Mac stuff away including tickets, backstage access, cd's, etc.. They interviewed Stevie in Aug of 2003 and Lindsey in June of 2003...They've just been great supporters...always always playing mac music, including Peacekeepr and Say You Will a few times.... and I was interviewed on Z93 Live from the Fleetwood Mac show in 2003...very fun, i will miss them...They've been in Atlanta somewhere around 30 yrs now, and looks like it's over..

I'm giving DAVE FM a chance...they have great variety...now if they will put some Mac/Stevie in there...all will be forgiven!
Ya, I am acually really digging the music they are playing, but it still is NOT Z93. I will miss Mara and all the Mac love. I wonder if the new one will play requests?.....

adam