User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Great review. It seems to be unanimous: Silver Springs has really made its mark this tour. It's almost as if removing it at the end of SYW has made it even better this time around.

I've only been in Toronto for a Cher show some thirty years ago and a Lion King show, so I don't know how the audiences are in general, but the way you described it, FM got a spectacular reception. It's great to read things like this.

Michele
Oh yeah. I think *that* shocked the audience as much as, or more so, than Monday Morning and Storms. I was listening to my recording and when the first bit of the piano comes in you kind of hear this collective gasp, then cheering, lol, it's awesome!

FM got the most spectacular reception I've *ever* seen. The place was full to the rafters of people having an amazing time. Even the Eagles show I saw there, in 2005, was not full by any means. The level of seating I was in last night was closed. I thought this tour wasn't selling well...maybe we were the exception to the rule, but capacity at the ACC is around 15 000 and I'm *sure* we were close to full.

One other note I forgot to mention: Some girl nearby me, after "Oh Well", said "I think I just had an orgasm." I almost died, and I REALLY hope that got on my tape because that was the funniest thing ever!

Follow me "on tour" this fall! www.ladylucky49.wordpress.com. Bloggin' the Seeds We Sow tour, from the view of a traveling fan.

http://baublesandbeadles.etsy.com ~*~Handmade Beaded Jewelry And Accessories

~~~The hurt that you feel makes you strong... Lindsey Buckingham~~~

Dancin' Across The USA: Lindsey Tour '06-'07
Ten shows. Ten thousand miles. My favorite song in the setlist. Hugs, kisses, and handshakes. Heaven.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Glad you guys had such a great time. Fantabulous reviews. Just made me remember those moments in my show.

Can't imagine departing during Go Insane. Love it! And really enjoying the midway speed between the original and the slower version.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LngPrmsdRd View Post
(Wow this is long...sorry!)
I loved every syllable of it. Thanks! and great to "see" you back again over here! THAT was a great read!

Old 03-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Awesome reviews you guys!!
Old 03-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thank you BOTH for those reviews!! I loved reading them!!!
Old 03-27-2009, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
One other note I forgot to mention: Some girl nearby me, after "Oh Well", said "I think I just had an orgasm." I almost died, and I REALLY hope that got on my tape because that was the funniest thing ever!
LOL.

(tencharacters)
Old 03-27-2009, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Welcome to The Ledge, Andy...I loved reading your review...it reminded me of my younger days of falling in love with Stevie and the Mac for the first time... haha!!! I just have to say one thing...pretty much everytime I go to see her/them I say "best show ever, best version ever...etc..." so...take it with a grain of salt, but I'm just sayin'
Old 03-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Loved your review Andy. You broke my heart when you said that people headed for the bathrooms when Go Insane started. They can do that for Come, but I'd like the fire marshals to put a stop to it when we're talking Go Insane.

Michele
totally agree with ya on this one Michelle...Love Go Insane and can't imagine going to the bathroom during it (but I won't say my bathroom songs, cuz I'd get masacred! ) especially with this 'full band version' ...it's like a new mac song!! (loved it when he played it solo ala big love too, though...)

I wouldn't mind a full band working of Trouble either....
Old 03-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic View Post
It's so refreshing to hear a new, young, first time Mac concert goer's review of a show. Thanks for all the details. It reminds me of what made me fall in love with all these songs. Just curious, how old are you?
22. Just finished university. And I have to say that I was surprised last night at how diverse the audience was age-wise. There were a ton of twenty-somethings there. Just proves how great the macs music is that its still relevant today.

And as for Go Insane, I actually do love that song - not my fav, but I really loved the full band version - and ya I was totally shocked at how many people in my section just up and left during it.

And I have to agree with the other review that for the most part it was an unusual Toronto crowd last night as almost the entire arena was really into the performance (save for a few rows in my section).

So hoping the mac comes back to t.o again!!!!
Old 03-27-2009, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Man View Post
22. Just finished university. And I have to say that I was surprised last night at how diverse the audience was age-wise. There were a ton of twenty-somethings there. Just proves how great the macs music is that its still relevant today.

And as for Go Insane, I actually do love that song - not my fav, but I really loved the full band version - and ya I was totally shocked at how many people in my section just up and left during it.

And I have to agree with the other review that for the most part it was an unusual Toronto crowd last night as almost the entire arena was really into the performance (save for a few rows in my section).

So hoping the mac comes back to t.o again!!!!
20 somehtin fans IN DA HOUSE! lol Welcome to the ledge GREAT review!!
Old 03-27-2009, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
20 somehtin fans IN DA HOUSE! lol Welcome to the ledge GREAT review!!
Whoo! You can count me among the twenty-somethings. I'm 23. There are quite a few of us here, it seems, along with a few teenagers. It pleases me that the Mac has such an eclectic and fanatical fanbase. You're in good company, Andy. Welcome!

-Matt

Last edited by Skyveris; 03-27-2009 at 07:29 PM..
Old 03-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Back after a looooong absence here...

And I was thinking we must've had lots of Ledgies in the crowd for it to be that awesome, but it seems there actually weren't many at all! Crazy... I've never been proud of this city at shows, I actually apologized to Brett Tuggle for the audience at the Hamilton Ontario Lindsey show, LOL... But I was as amazed by the audience as I was by the band.
It's great to hear that the crowd was so receptive and fun. You remember well the Lindsey Toronto show and how I think you, me, and two other people were dancing for a long point until others started to tune in. It was weird.

But I am very excited about this show!!! Yay for FM!! I am trying to coax as many people as I can to go, though I'm not quite as successful thus far as I had hoped. We'll see...

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 03-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've also had really poor concert experiences in Toronto...the crowd usually is VERY reluctant to, well, *do* anything.
Thanks for the review. I'm so glad you had a good time. As far as the crowds, I find that when ever I go to a small, intimate venue like the Danforth (for Lindsey) or Massey Hall, the crowds never stand but the stadium shows, like the ACC, in my experience always stand It's just a more rocken atmosphere. The crowd at the ACC on the 17th for the Mac was awesome, the whole floor was standing all night right from the very first song and the stands were about half and half.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Some really great photos from last night: Flickr
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Toronto-032609.jpg (64.4 KB, 28 views)
Old 03-27-2009, 10:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Back after a looooong absence here...

But I have to say, Oh Well...absolutely *rocked*. I spent most of that with my jaw dropped as well, LOL...Lindsey is amazing. The whole *band* is amazing...Lindsey got a standing ovation in my section for I'm So Afraid...it was the *only* standing O of the night for a song in my area. Go Linds!!!

I Know!!!!! Oh Well was AMAZING!!!! I was surprised at how good it was. I think its great that Lindsey payed tribute to Peter Green with such incredible energy. He really made the song his own. And my section did give lindsey a standing o after ISA as well. In fact I think most of the ACC did. Which he sooo deserved.

I'm still reliving last night over and over in my head...went by way tooo fast lol.