User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moz View Post
Okay, I've got some more songs to share - but first I gotta know if the Largo show posted here is the same as this concert.
http://www.imeem.com/people/9U0PNkS/...largo-md-1975/

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥
Old 03-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In this concert, or any of your others, does Station Man start off with clapping/cheering and Christine going "Woo! Oh, thank you. Yeah, this is a Danny Kirwan song called Station Man"?
This one starts out with Christine saying "I'd like to do a song from the Kiln House album," Then I can't tell exactly what she says. It sounds something like "I don't know if you know this song, it's Station Man."

we run away♥
Old 03-22-2009, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Seconded. Very cool read. Stevie was dressed in black, huh? And, here I was thinking she didn't start that until later...

I have 2 early versions of Silver Springs, are these dates correct?

Milwaukee, WI 10.26.75

Kansas City, Mo 4.1.77
Milwaukee is June 24, 1976.

The only Kansas City date I have for the Rumours tour is Sept. 16 at Kemper Arena. On April 1, the band was en route to Europe, flying across the Atlantic (see Mick's autobiography).

Stevie, of course, has said several times that the band played too many new songs at a show in Kansas City, but altered the set list when the audience response proved disappointing. The band's first leg was a U.S. leg in March, but from ten days to two weeks of shows were postponed because Stevie had trouble with her throat. Some of the postponed shows included Oklahoma City, Tulsa, & Little Rock, which were rescheduled for middle of May. If there was a show in Kansas City in March, it was probably in the first two weeks, but I don't have it listed on an itinerary.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the date corrections, this is how they were labeled when I receieved them, so now I have my record set straight. (Ish!) If any of these are messed up, let me know. I'm also reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally tired, so if I make any stupid mistakes, tell me about them, please!

The Coliseum, Cleveland, OH ~23/7/76~

Setlist:

Disc 1
Introduction/Say You Love Me
Station Man
Spare Me A Little
Rhiannon
Why
Landslide
Over My Head
You Make Loving Fun

Disc 2
I'm So Afraid
Oh Well
The Green Manalishi
World Turning
Blue Letter
Hypnotized

http://www.mediafire.com/?zzgiwdioinn

http://www.mediafire.com/?yimm3yminzn

we run away♥
Old 03-22-2009, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Milwaukee is June 24, 1976.

The only Kansas City date I have for the Rumours tour is Sept. 16 at Kemper Arena. On April 1, the band was en route to Europe, flying across the Atlantic (see Mick's autobiography).

Stevie, of course, has said several times that the band played too many new songs at a show in Kansas City, but altered the set list when the audience response proved disappointing. The band's first leg was a U.S. leg in March, but from ten days to two weeks of shows were postponed because Stevie had trouble with her throat. Some of the postponed shows included Oklahoma City, Tulsa, & Little Rock, which were rescheduled for middle of May. If there was a show in Kansas City in March, it was probably in the first two weeks, but I don't have it listed on an itinerary.

Thanks for all the info. So, typically, the cities will be correct but the dates are wrong? In other words, do we have confirmation of setlists from the majority of the shows?
Old 03-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mecca Auditorium, Milwuakee, WI ~24/6/76~

Setlist:
Say You Love Me
Station Man
Spare Me A Little
Rhiannon
Why
Landslide
Over My Head
Silver Springs
You Make Loving Fun
I'm So Afraid
Oh Well
The Green Manalishi
World Turning

http://www.mediafire.com/?v5jjwnz4wi3

we run away♥
Old 03-22-2009, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are five tracks from the "Rockhopper LP" - I don't know the date, although it is from 1976. I don't know if these are all of the songs on the LP as I found these songs on the internet with no setlist.

I'm So Afraid
Station Man
World Turning
Landslide
Rhiannon (Ignore the filename; I don't know why I put Landslide in parentheses!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwoodtrick View Post
Sorry this took so long ~ I was busy taking the first horseback rides of the year this weekend! Gotta get those lazy butt horses conditioned!

Anyways, Station Man starts out with "Yeah, this is a Danny Kirwan song, from the Kiln House album, called "Station Man".
No problem! Anyway, the show I have isn't worded the same way... Christine doesn't say which album it's from... maybe it's a different show than put up here? I don't know, I'm dense!

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 03-22-2009, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am now officially a moron. I STILL can't figure out the date of the concert I've been blubbering about throughout this entire thread, so here it is, in case someone can help me.

It's labeled as "White Album Rehearsal", but it's live. I'm assuming it was recorded sometime after the release of the White Album, as Christine says it's their "new album." Sounds like it's in a studio of some sort.

Station Man
Spare Me a Little
Rhiannon
Why
Landslide
I'm So Afraid
Over My Head
Oh Well
Green Manalishi
World Turning
Blue Letter
Hypnotized

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 03-22-2009, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I am now officially a moron. I STILL can't figure out the date of the concert I've been blubbering about throughout this entire thread, so here it is, in case someone can help me.

It's labeled as "White Album Rehearsal", but it's live. I'm assuming it was recorded sometime after the release of the White Album, as Christine says it's their "new album." Sounds like it's in a studio of some sort.
I hate yapping a lot, but what you have here is the Wallingford CT concert recorded at Trod Nossel Studios probably on Sept. 3, 1975. It's sometimes dated Sept. 23, but that date may have been played in La Crosse WI (at Mary Sawyer Auditorium).
Old 03-22-2009, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Thanks for all the info. So, typically, the cities will be correct but the dates are wrong? In other words, do we have confirmation of setlists from the majority of the shows?
Oh, no. We only have confirmation of set lists if we have recordings, generally speaking. And even in that case, we know only what was played, not what wasn't played.

Case in point: American fans didn't know that the band played "That's Enough for Me" in Europe in 1980 until tapes of those concerts finally surfaced here among American traders -- several years after the tour.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I hate yapping a lot, but what you have here is the Wallingford CT concert recorded at Trod Nossel Studios probably on Sept. 3, 1975. It's sometimes dated Sept. 23, but that date may have been played in La Crosse WI (at Mary Sawyer Auditorium).
Weird! What I have labeled as Trod Nossel Studios is this. I wonder what concert that is then.. It's a mystery to me (ba-dum-ching!).

Old 03-23-2009, 01:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
the day and month of the first date were transposed, but aside from that, i believe they are correct. GYOW was indeed played for some of the 75 dates.

I stand completely and utterly corrected!!
Old 03-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Weird! What I have labeled as Trod Nossel Studios is this. I wonder what concert that is then.. It's a mystery to me (ba-dum-ching!).
Same gig with some editing.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's the Milwaukee, 1976 Silver Springs. Apparently the first time they performed it live. http://www.box.net/shared/sv9m7z14in
Old 03-24-2009, 01:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

I have a very dumb question...my internet broke down while I was downloading the Milwaukee Show and the 2nd part of the Cleveland Show. Now I tried to dl it again and it didn't work. I can click to start the download, then it shows "processing your request" and then I get back to "click here to start download". Does that mean I'll never be able to download that shows? Has anyone of you ever had this problem? I'd be very grateful if someone could help.
And again thanks sooo much for posting, this stuff is really great!