The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

A while ago i obtained what was apparently a DVD-Rip from the mirage "DVD" off the internet and although the picture quality was superb - the sound was quit frankly terrilble, worse than on youtube.

So i went and got the old mirage VHS tape from ebay and the sound quality is 100 times better. Of course the picture is a bit wooly (VHS) but who cares.

I WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOVE to get a good quality "rosebud" recording - all I have seen is what is one youtube - and the quality was appaling, but wow the performance!! (So afraid, on Gibson guitar, Mick pounding the hell out of his kit etc.)

Last edited by jedw; 03-29-2009 at 02:17 PM..
Old 03-29-2009, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay, one more question... I'm trying to burn the Tusk Doc. to a DVD, but it's .vob format. So I used my handy-dandy converter and converted the files to .wmv. The first part converted perfectly, but the second part totally got messed up... Help me please?

I got my Tusk / Rosebud documentaries from throwndown.net! xD

~Rhiya

P.S. GO PACKERS!

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥
Old 03-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedw View Post
So i went and got the old mirage VHS tape from ebay and the sound quality is 100 times better. Of course the picture is a bit wooly (VHS) but who cares.
There were two official VHS releases of that one: the standard (black box) & the hi-fi (silver box). Naturally, the hi-fi has the better audio.

Quote:
I WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOVE to get a good quality "rosebud" recording - all I have seen is what is one youtube - and the quality was appaling, but wow the performance!! (So afraid, on Gibson guitar, Mick pounding the hell out of his kit etc.)
VH1 Classic broadcast this stuff back around ten years ago, in the excitement following "The Dance." That's the best quality we've seen on TV yet.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-29-2009, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Tango DVD is available here:

http://www.amazon.com/Fleetwood-Mac-...8357628&sr=8-2

And this... could possibly be the Mirage DVD. Though I honestly have no idea!

http://www.amazon.com/Fleetwood-Mac-...8357692&sr=1-1

And if you're willing to shell out $125, here's the Tusk VHS:

http://www.amazon.com/Fleetwood-Mac-...8357692&sr=1-1

we run away♥

Last edited by fleetwoodtrick; 03-29-2009 at 03:18 PM..
Old 03-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As fleetwoodtrick suggests, you can find all this and more at ThrownDown.net (don't leech!, and prolly helps if you have hi-speed).

- Spike
Old 03-29-2009, 10:27 PM
Ledgie

Skyveris - Thank you for the link to download the '82 show. I remember "renting" that when I was a kid. So I got it downloaded but when playing it with Windows Media Player I only get the audio and no picture. Is there something else I need to do to see the picture of it? thanks for any help.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr1 View Post
Skyveris - Thank you for the link to download the '82 show. I remember "renting" that when I was a kid. So I got it downloaded but when playing it with Windows Media Player I only get the audio and no picture. Is there something else I need to do to see the picture of it? thanks for any help.
I had the same problem with US Festival; is it in .avi format? Windows Players don't accept that format. I would download VLC Media player, it's awesome! (I have no link though, sorry!) Or get the Primsim or AnyVideo converter. Hope this makes a little bit of sense!

we run away♥
Old 03-29-2009, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr1 View Post
If I recall correctly, I had to download a special codec for the version of Windows Media Player I was using to get video for the concert. You might have to do the same. Or go to plan B: fleetwoodtrick did well to suggest VLC Media Player as an alternative to Windows Media Player for playing avi files. You can play virtually any media file on the VLC Player. You might give it a try. Good luck.

-Matt

Last edited by Skyveris; 03-29-2009 at 11:33 PM..
Old 03-29-2009, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just trade with people. IMO, it's much easier than downloading and converting. Plus, it's more fun! I like getting things in the mail. That's how I got my Rosebud doc, Tusk doc, Mirage show, live at Red Rocks, backstage in Japan stuff, lots of live clips from tv shows like SNL, some OOTC show, etc. Unfortunately my dvd burner crapped out on me and I'm trying to get some discs for someone on here.

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 03-30-2009, 06:47 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyveris View Post
Or go to plan B: fleetwoodtrick did well to suggest VLC Media Player as an alternative to Windows Media Player for playing avi files. You can play virtually any media file on the VLC Player. You might give it a try. Good luck.

-Matt
Gotta third the vote for the VLC Player. It is the shizz. I have yet to run across a file it won't play properly.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 03-30-2009, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Media Player Classic is another one that will play anything.

You can pick it up here: Afterdawn
Old 03-31-2009, 10:43 PM
Ledgie

Thanks guys. I got the VLC player and it played perfectly. I haven't seen that show in like 15 yrs. It brought me back to being 13 again. I couldn't believe it.
Now if I could just finish downloading the Behind The Music. It seems to be taking forever. Any tricks to making the downloads quicker???