User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-17-2004, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
That still doesn't negate the fact that she hadn't spoken to her "best friend" for six years. You don't just wonder a teensy bit about the "best friend" claim these days?

now by dis making that statement about stevie and chris not being in touch. i mean what does he think his posts look like, ? he is just trying to put stevie down in some way , like what kind of friend i s she.. oh please, no im not the tiny bit curious about that. things happen, life goes on. it doesnt matter to me one way or another. its so obvious that you are just an instigator to make things negative about stevie so you can carry on a useless conversation for yourself. so you can get off by fighting and spinnin, blah blah blah....
Old 09-17-2004, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default because I dont wanna read thru 20+ pages of "STUFF"...

Dissention: can you please articulate your position?

it appears to be something re: the relationship/competition between Stevie and Christine?

if so.........here's my 2cents:
Stevie had that undeniable something that Chris most assuredly DIDNT have.
call it sex appeal or charisma, Stevie had it IN SPADES. Chris may have been a lady and took a back seat but I dont know that it was entirely painless.....as a woman, I know that it is a hard thing to watch other men CONSTANTLY pay attention to another woman, especially if you are pretty in your own right (whic Chris IS). And, in the horse race between their songs, Chris' songs were predictable pop songs, whilst Stevies songs were otherworldly and the added angst between her and Lindsey upped the sales factor. They BOTH are talented, but Stevie is more obviously extroverted than Chris........and, though its hard to define, Stevie DOES have a magical presence that Chris does NOT. Chris is a pop songstress, and Stevie is a poet. Stevie's poetry reaches across the spectrum of human emotion and Chris' songs seem to only have one focus.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That still doesn't negate the fact that she hadn't spoken to her "best friend" for six years. You don't just wonder a teensy bit about the "best friend" claim these days?

if those are things you are curious about, thats kind of sad, lol. who cares.
Old 09-18-2004, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
That's kinda how Gemini's are....my best friend has Stevie's birthday, and i'm the same sign as Chris...Me and Rain won't talk for months, and she doesn't really care, then when she sees me, it's like we still love each other and whatnot...maybe stevie means best friend as in the one she likes "best" and the one she'll always love no matter how much they see each other....
AMber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-18-2004, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

If it matters any, on her website, Christine says that she often emails Mick and Stevie.

Of course, I don't picture Stevie flipping on her PC at the start of the day, and checking her email, but I'm sure someone prints them out for her and she reads and responds to them.

At any rate, there are a lot of ways to communicate with someone, without "talking" to them.

And, for the record, the person I consider my "best friend," is a girl I've known since we were both little kids. We don't talk every day or every week. In fact, sometimes months will go by before we have the chance to talk.
But, we still consider each other our best friend, and we know that, no matter how much time goes between our phone calls, we'll always pick right back up where we left off.

I think that's a truer sign of friendship than the amount of times you call each other.