User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
I've been thinking recently about the stuff that the late John Fitzgerald (wetcamelfood) and I used to chat about with regards to Fleetwood Mac. Specifically the answers to questions that we either won't know, or won't know for sure.

Are there any copies still in existence of the 22nd Streatham Cub Scouts LP Songs for Your Enjoyment album featuring Bob Brunning?
well, look what's coming 'round HERE:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/22nd-STRE...-/132582019424
so, if you like to spend a few bob on it . . .
Old 06-13-2018, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

We’ll never know what happened with Danny and Janis Joplin.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-14-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
We’ll never know what happened with Danny and Janis Joplin.
Hadn't we already known that they had had sex together?
Old 06-14-2018, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy poker View Post
Our sadly missed John Fitzgerald would have bought that in a second. I'd have been tempted to chuck in some money just so he could have it. He spent so long searching for a copy and its almost cruel that one comes up after he's passed.

Budget doesn't stretch and I really have no interest in listening to it, but hell, it would be awesome to have.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Hadn't we already known that they had had sex together?
perhaps just a rumor? Check out this website- it mentions a magazine article:

Old 06-14-2018, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
We could engage in Bill Clinton-like semantics to define how much an affair has to be an affair to be an affair,.
Totally off the topic but...

I used to catch up for a coffee with an old work colleague (female) who had a boy about the same age as mine. We'd both take our kids along and have some lunch and a coffee. Someone (anonymously) sent my wife a message on facebook saying that I was having an affair. Good thing my wife knew I was catching up with the woman or I'd be headed for the divorce courts.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There was a quote somewhere, and I can't remember where or when, that he pretty said something about the fact it wasn't physical/sexual. It might have been Jenny that said that rather than Bob, but I do know that one of them did.

I've been on and off here since the Cyberpenguin days so have read so many articles and Q&As over the years that I can't back that up with a reference but I do know I read it about one of them saying it.

Then again, lots has been said in this band and most of it of questionable truth.
I understand what you are saying. Yes, certainly a lot of questionable truths!
Old 06-14-2018, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

About Danny and Janis, there is also a book that was printed out on line - who knows, this may all be rubbish, but here it is:

A book by John Glatt called "Live At The Fillmore East & West"

says: "Years later, Rod Stewart would reveal why he and Ron Wood had given her (Joplin) the cold shoulder.

"Janis Joplin was always chasing me and Ronnie around the place," he explained in 2013, "trying to shag one or the other of us, though without success. We were terrified of her and would hide."

Soon afterward, Janis managed to deflower Fleetwood Mac's original guitarist Danny Kirwan, who was still a virgin.

"Janis suffered from a reputation of eating men alive," said Mick Fleetwood. "Danny . . . looked like a little English choirboy with blond hair. Janis basically summoned him to her room. And Danny at that point I don't think had had sex with anybody. So he turned up the next morning [having] been ravaged by Janis. He had fingernail marks all over him, of which he was quite proud. She was one hell of a girl."

(I see you can buy this book on Amazon)

Last edited by Tango; 06-14-2018 at 09:22 AM..
Old 06-14-2018, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Did Jenny really have an affair (or more than an affair of the mind) with Weston (Weston said no).
According to Mick's first book:

(circa 1973) Then someone asked me how I felt about my wife having an affair with Bob Weston, and suddenly it all came crashing down. At first, I tried to figure it out by myself. I realized that, as usual, I hadn't been paying enough attention to Jenny, and she'd allowed herself to be seduced by Bob, a real lady-killer with all the smooth lines.
…..
"Sometimes," Jenny went on, "I think I must be mad to be married to someone who can't even remember my birthday, or the birthdays of our children. At least Bob Weston talks to me, and I can feel like someone else knows I'm there."
….
So Jenny told me that she and Weston had become close back in England, and the relationship had intensified when we were on tour. Hearing this in her own words broke my heart.
…..
The final straw came by the pool of the Marina Hotel in L.A. during a pause in the tour. Weston and my kids were in the pool, playing and laughing. Then he got out and cuddled up with Jenny and began to read poetry to her right in front of me! It was either completely insensitive or without a thought whatsoever. I felt like I was going to have a breakdown. Why were they rubbing it in my face?
……
Old 06-14-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
perhaps just a rumor? Check out this website- it mentions a magazine article:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
About Danny and Janis, there is also a book that was printed out on line - who knows, this may all be rubbish, but here it is:

A book by John Glatt called "Live At The Fillmore East & West"

says: "Years later, Rod Stewart would reveal why he and Ron Wood had given her (Joplin) the cold shoulder.

"Janis Joplin was always chasing me and Ronnie around the place," he explained in 2013, "trying to shag one or the other of us, though without success. We were terrified of her and would hide."

Soon afterward, Janis managed to deflower Fleetwood Mac's original guitarist Danny Kirwan, who was still a virgin.

"Janis suffered from a reputation of eating men alive," said Mick Fleetwood. "Danny . . . looked like a little English choirboy with blond hair. Janis basically summoned him to her room. And Danny at that point I don't think had had sex with anybody. So he turned up the next morning [having] been ravaged by Janis. He had fingernail marks all over him, of which he was quite proud. She was one hell of a girl."

(I see you can buy this book on Amazon)
It was mentioned in an old article on the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and also engineer Dinky Dawson's biography, you can find both here: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=35269

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 06-14-2018 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: Freudian lapsus
Old 06-14-2018, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Our sadly missed John Fitzgerald would have bought that in a second. I'd have been tempted to chuck in some money just so he could have it. He spent so long searching for a copy and its almost cruel that one comes up after he's passed.
. . . i didn't know that . . . so sorry!
but as for the original question: at least we know that the odd copy of this album is still in existence. apart from that - i'm sure that this (admitted) rarity doesn't live up in terms of musical aspects to its monetary value. probably of interest for real hardcore freaks only.

Last edited by lazy poker; 06-14-2018 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: added info
Old 06-15-2018, 07:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
It was mentioned in an old article on the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and also engineer Dinky Dawson's biography, you can find both here: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=35269
Well done - maybe the list of answers we will never know has gotten shorter!
Old 01-23-2020, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Did Jenny really have an affair (or more than an affair of the mind) with Weston (Weston said no).

This is what Mick wrote in his first book (yes, I know it may be not fully reliable, but I share it anyway. You decide what to believe):

The tour went beautifully for the first month (~1973)... Then someone asked me how I felt about my wife having an affair with Bob Weston, and suddenly it all came crashing down. ....
I had noticed that he and Jenny had been taking long walks at Benifols and seemed close on the tour, but I had no idea that anything was going on, apart from the feeling that something wasn't right. I remembered trying to talk to Weston in the hotel bar while we were in Detroit. He seemed real down, and I asked him if he was feeling all right. And of course he was going through hell because he'd been a real buddy of mine, and he hadn't told me what was going on between him and Jenny.
Eventually, I confronted Jenny, and it all came out. "Look," I said to her, "what's going on with you and Bob Weston? How could this happen?" She was quite calm about it. "Mick, I'm tired of feeling like I'm alone even when you and I are together. Ever since we met you've had this trait of just wandering through things, being aloof, not paying attention to me or your daughters. You're just not that involved."
.... Of course, everything Jenny said was true. For years I had been more married to Fleetwood Mac than to her. And my personality well, anyone craving a lot of attention from me is in for a lot of trouble. It's terrible, and I know it.....
So Jenny told me that she and Weston had become close back in England, and the relationship had intensified when we were on tour. Hearing this in her own words broke my heart.
The result was the traditional stiff upper lip on my part. I just said, we gotta carry on with this tour, no matter what. Jenny and the kids left the tour and went to Los Angeles. I was really hurting, but still trying to keep the band going. I kept thinking that this was a make-or-break tour and that I didn't want to be the one who ****ed it up.

We went back on tour, which lasted until October 26, 1973.... We were in Lincoln, Nebraska. John Courage fired Bob Weston, telling him the tour was over and that
it would be for the best if he didn't travel with the band. He was put on a plane and we didn't see him again for years.
Old 01-24-2020, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One thing I'd love to know is the full story of how Christine chased John around with a knife. Bob said he had stories about the McVies' marriage that would make one hell of a chapter in a book. I wish I knew more specifics of their marital craziness.

Or maybe I don't.
Old 01-29-2020, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy poker View Post
Surprisingly, no-one has snapped this up and it is still for sale.