Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
*hands a glass of wine*

I dunno, whoever it is, we're only getting one side of the story from Wendy. I'm sure whoever kept him out had a valid reason. They might be the most cracky band ever but they are human beings. I refuse to believe this is one sided.
I'll bet we eventually get the story...

I would bet they were bitter over the lawsuit, and that was the reason. So assuming he could only sue over the royalties from the albums he was on, and if it wasn't Mick or John, it would be easy to assume that Chris was the culprit.

I mean, I can understand how I would be upset too, over someone suing me. But a lawsuit could only earn him what was rightfully his...
Old 07-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Wendy has said that it wasn't Mick or John. Surely my lifelong heroine isn't a spiteful bi*ch...?
Spiteful witchiness is a criteria for being a lifelong heroine of mine.

And I disagree that a lawsuit can only get you what is rightfully yours. Ideally that is how litigation works, but sometimes, due to the threat of high attorney costs and damage to the reputation that they sometimes bring, litigation is sometimes used as a form of blackmail, to gain undeserved concessions. Though, I am not saying that is what occurred in this case.

Michele
Old 07-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Spiteful witchiness is a criteria for being a lifelong heroine of mine.

And I disagree that a lawsuit can only get you what is rightfully yours. Ideally that is how litigation works, but sometimes, due to the threat of high attorney costs and damage to the reputation that they sometimes bring, litigation is sometimes used as a form of blackmail, to gain undeserved concessions. Though, I am not saying that is what occurred in this case.

Michele
It does seem strange that none of us really knew about the suit until Bob discussed it here on his 1st Q&A after it was settled. I know FM weren't favor of the day by then or anything, but still, the press usually love that kind of drama to blow out of proportion etc. regardless what kind of "has been's" they dish dirt on and for none of them to even mention it was going on let alone report it by sensationalizing it...

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 07-13-2012 at 09:18 AM..
Old 07-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

None of this quite adds up to me. If you want to talk animosity among former bandmates (also involving a lawsuit as a matter of fact), look no further than Blondie. There is no love lost among those folks, but all members from the band's first run (1975-1982) were inducted. The ousted members wanted to perform at the ceremony and created an awkward moment by making a request during the acceptance speeches. Debbie Harry shut them down pretty quickly, and only current members performed. It was the talk of that year's ceremony.

My point is, Debbie Harry had no control over who was inducted, only who she performed with. So while someone could probably threaten, "If he's on stage, I won't be" it still doesn't seem like anyone would be denied the actual induction. How could the RRHOF give the bands control over those types of decisions and maintain any type of credibility?

Last edited by MikeInNV; 07-13-2012 at 04:03 PM..
Old 07-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
None of this quite adds up to me. If you want to talk animosity among former bandmates (also involving a lawsuit as a matter of fact), look no further than Blondie. There is no love lost among those folks, but all members from the band's first run (1975-1982) were inducted. The ousted members wanted to perform at the ceremony and created an awkward moment by making a request during the acceptance speeches. Debbie Harry shut them down pretty quickly, and only current members performed. It was the talk of that year's ceremony.

My point is, Debbie Harry had no control over who was inducted, only who she performed with. So while someone could probably threaten, "If he's on stage, I won't be" it still doesn't seem like anyone would be denied the actual induction. How could the RRHOF gave the bands control over those types of decisions and maintain any type of credibility?
This just made me think of when Traffic were being inducted. As we know Dave Mason didn't get along with Winwood but they were both there and although Mason & Winwood did the hug thing, it sounds like (from DM's website anyway, due to SW not letting him in to the Traffic performance at the show, they just did the Feelin' Alright thing later, probably the hall's way of saying "we need DM there but we'll do it (this way) so you don't have to play with him) Steve has gone back to not communicating with Dave so this must have been something the Hall wanted? Just a thought.

John
Old 07-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I felt in the first place all the members of Fleetwood Mac from 1967 thru today or back in 1998 when the inducted whoever was in the fleetwood mac band during that time should have been inducted in as the whole band not a certain part of the band. which I believe are 16 members in all should have all been inducted and shame on mick fleetwood for not contacting all the members that were not present.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I can't see Stevie being that petty. What reason would she have to not want Bob inducted?

For the record, I don't really see what Lindsey would have against Bob either and I have to really stretch my imagination to think he would pull such a scheme, but if I had to guess between the two of them...

Then again, these are just my perceptions of people I don't actually know. So...
I think Stevie and Lindsey would have been on the same page, but I think the page was to get themselves in the HOF, not to keep Bob out. If they were skating in on a technicality, then they may have been pretty motivated not to draw any more attention to themselves by insisting Bob not be inducted...
Old 07-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Rrhof

not to get to far OT, but after the beatles/aerosmith and the rolling stones, i believe the number 4 and 5 selling bands are KISS who influenced zillions and may be responsible for the LA Hair band days and RUSH, who has influenced EVERY rock/metal band since...

so if the criteria is influenced many musical peers over 3 decades they both win and if it is large sales, then they both win.

however, neither are in the Hall of Shame - yet Madonna and the Beastie boys are, and regardless of your tastes we ALL know that neither fit in the ROCK category at all...
Old 07-23-2012, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameragamera View Post
not to get to far OT, but after the beatles/aerosmith and the rolling stones, i believe the number 4 and 5 selling bands are KISS who influenced zillions and may be responsible for the LA Hair band days and RUSH, who has influenced EVERY rock/metal band since...

so if the criteria is influenced many musical peers over 3 decades they both win and if it is large sales, then they both win.

however, neither are in the Hall of Shame - yet Madonna and the Beastie boys are, and regardless of your tastes we ALL know that neither fit in the ROCK category at all...
I dunno. Sabotage was pretty rockin'. I thin Kiss, Rush, the Guess Who (or anything involving Randy Bachman), and Yes are long, long overdue. I suspect all of the line-up changes on all but Rush makes them nervous.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-24-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I dunno. Sabotage was pretty rockin'. I thin Kiss, Rush, the Guess Who (or anything involving Randy Bachman), and Yes are long, long overdue. I suspect all of the line-up changes on all but Rush makes them nervous.
Will they let John Rutsy in?
Old 07-24-2012, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Will they let John Rutsy in?
He was on one of their signature songs. He's not Neal Peart, but there are people in it who've done less.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-27-2012, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The latest from the Wendy Welch camp is that negotiations are in process with Mick, and he's saying something like "I'm doing what I can, get back to you". The verdict seems to be that it was the RRHOF's decision more than a band or a person's decision, although of course we'll never know.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
The latest from the Wendy Welch camp is that negotiations are in process with Mick, and he's saying something like "I'm doing what I can, get back to you". The verdict seems to be that it was the RRHOF's decision more than a band or a person's decision, although of course we'll never know.
That's encouraging. To me Bob is the only memeber of Fleetwood Mac who was left out that deserves to be there. The man was a big part of the creative genius of the band. More importantly he was pivotal in the Mac's destiny by getting them to California.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wendy did confirm last night, that it was Christine who kept Bob out of RRHOF. I know we she had already alluded to that, but she actually posted it last night.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really hate that. I'm sure Christine had her reasons. Though I am curious how much pull/authority Christine had to deny Bob's induction?