User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-22-2002, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Album Discussion: Lindsey songs on Rumours

SHN - Monday Morning..the Sequel! LOL I LOVE the bam-bam's, makes the song more fun!! And who HATES "lay me down in the tall grass and let me do my stuff"?? THAT IS GREATNESS!! I love the opening with the dun-dah-dah-dun-dah-dah-dun...THAT IS GREAT!

NGBA - It's finger-pickin' good!! My dad likes this one, and of course, SO DO I!! The riff is INFECTIOUS!! You just want to bob along when you watch him play it live!!

Don't Stop - My dad likes this song too...and I do like it, BUT like many, I'm a tad sick of it...thanks Clinton . BUT, the lyrics are uplifting and hopeful, and it was GREATNESS on the Dance where they "did it" with the USC Marching Band's brass section!!

GYOW - OMG, is this song GREATNESS or WHAT??!! It wouldn't be on Greatest Pop Songs Ever lists if it wasn't!! Gotta love the solo and the "screw you" attitude of it!! Mirage video - IMO, BEST LIVE VERSION!!

The Chain - Bum, bum, bum, bum, bum, bum, bum, bum, bum...BUM......LOL THAT IS GREATNESS!! So fun to play that bass part on my guitar!! The solo is AWESOME and again, the Mirage video is THE BEST LIVE VERSION, IMO!! "damn your sweet little lies!!" LOL

IDWTK - How...um...folksy! LOL I like this song, not my fave ever, but it's a cute BN ditty. I love their harmonies together tho and the ending is P-YUR KUNTRY.

What a great freakin album this is, ain't it?
Old 08-23-2002, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

SHN - One of my very favorite songs of Lindsey's. It's a minor crime..well, okay maybe not that bad...but it's disappointing that this (and Monday Morning) were passed over as singles. This song is a romp! Using the "bam-bams" instead of a guitar solo was inspired and a great hook.

NGBA - An aspect of this song that I love is that it can be performed as a straight optimistic statement of hope about being in a good place in life and staying there (as Lindsey performed it on his Cradle tour) - OR - It can be performed as a more emotional statement of longing over trying to find some hope and optimism that has been lost in the rougher times (as he performed it on the Live album). There's a depth to it that the original recording may not have fully hinted at. It's beautiful though. A quintessential Lindsey finger-picker.

Don't Stop - Despite it's over-exposure, if I don't hear it in a while, it still has a great feel. It was with this song where I began to realize how much Lindsey was able to adapt his voice to the voice of his partner. Stevie and Christine don't sound alike at all when they sing, but Lindsey demonstrated the ability to sound a lot like and compliment Stevie or Christine when singing with either one.

GYOW - A statement of independence! Great song. I've never heard a live version that I think is better than the studio version.

The Chain - Christine said on the Rumours DVD that Lindsey raved about John's bassline and really wanted to find a way to use it somehow, even while the song was still in fragments that they were struggling to put together. I'm glad they didn't give up on this one in all of it's various pieces.

IDWTK - It gets cast aside a lot (unfairly perhaps) because of the Silver Springs saga, but the harmonies are fabulous and it's a really fun, bright guitar song.

Last edited by Les; 08-23-2002 at 10:43 AM..
Old 08-23-2002, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking on rumours.......

shn - i can't stand this song. that bam bam part is just so annoying to me. i looked at that classic album doc and i know y he did it, but to me, he could have left that out. i think it just destroyes the song!

ngba - i'll listen to it. it's not one of my fav linds songs. i listen to it when i'm in the mood.

don't stop - i like this song. it's chris' for crying out loud! linds sounds good on it and he contribution to it was good. i never turn from this one or skip it on the cd.

gyow - this song rocks ass! ESPECIALLY LIVE!!! i adore this song so much and i can't wait to see him perform this one on the upcoming tour!!!

the chain - can't do without it!!!!

idwk - i love this song!!! they sound perfect together!! one of my fav stevie and linds songs!

mimi
Old 08-23-2002, 11:22 AM

I believe Elton John said it best.