User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-16-2017, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Idk why some people are SO ANGRY. Love is all around, no need to waste it. You can have the town, why don't you take it...
Love is here to stay....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Love is here to stay....
It's actually the theme song to The Mary Tyler Moore Show, but you ain't from around these parts...

But thanks for playing!
Old 08-16-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Love is here to stay....
goat blows one way
time goes
but mcVie is here to stay!
Old 08-16-2017, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's actually the theme song to The Mary Tyler Moore Show, but you ain't from around these parts...

But thanks for playing!
I didn't even know those were the lyrics from a TV theme song. I thought you were just being poetic.

Never watched The Mary Tyler Moore Show. Never watched I love Lucy.

I was more like a Mission:Impossible girl. The TV show, of course. And The Avengers. The British TV show, of course. But on reruns. I wasn't even born yet.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."

Last edited by button-lip; 08-16-2017 at 10:01 PM..
Old 08-16-2017, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
goat blows one way
time goes
but mcVie is here to stay!
Haha! Yes!

I might have to pick a BM song and change the lyrics in honor of OGB.... So much fun!
Old 08-16-2017, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I didn't even know those were the lyrics from a TV theme song. I thought you were just being poetic.

Never watched The Mary Tyler Moore Show. Never watched I love Lucy.

I was more like a Missioni:Impossible girl. The TV show, of course. And The Avengers. The British TV show, of course. But on reruns. I wasn't even born yet.
I know.

And I plan on making a Christine F*cking McVie shirt for Louisville. Just for the record!
Old 08-16-2017, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know.

And I plan on making a Christine F*cking McVie shirt for Louisville. Just for the record!
And when she noticed you, you give her the roses...
Old 08-16-2017, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And when she noticed you, you give her the roses...
She didn't notice me in Nashville. She was fixated on some damned ginger guy, and was waving at him.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She didn't notice me in Nashville. She was fixated on some damned ginger guy, and was waving at him.
Then you dye your hair and you try again with the roses, dammit!
Old 08-17-2017, 08:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Then you dye your hair and you try again with the roses, dammit!
When the Red Hair reaches my weave.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
When the Red Hair reaches my weave.
It's worse for us, ya know.
Old 08-19-2017, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm most frustrated with the band's indifference -- and Stevie's blatant hatred -- towards the internet. I take Stevie's 3pm comment with a grain of salt. Same with the money comments. If she wanted to be there, she'd be there as required. I believe her that it's boring to sit there when she can't contribute instrumentally and would rather be pursuing her own projects. I just wish the band showed some interest in the untapped resource of the internet.

I feel that it really is the ghost of the past that Stevie is living in. Her duet with Harry Styles went viral, most of the top singer/songwriters today -- Adele, Taylor Swift, Lorde, Lana Del Rey, to name just a few -- consider her an inspiration... The internet could do a lot for her and FM. Imagine if the band used the internet to promote their work. I think just a little fan interaction now and then would work wonders. The streaming issue is real but people will always see Fleetwood Mac live and their work continues to touch people of all generations. People who discover their work through streaming are more inclined to buy their albums than people who never hear them or hear of them at all.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
In the interest of fairness...

Stevie:

- Says there's no money in new music so refuses to make a new album

- Won't get out of bed to rehearse until after 3pm

- Calls Lindsey 'Mr Useless'

We all know that Buckingham/McVie was supposed to be the new Mac album. They could be touring behind it now as a group. So Ms Nicks's attitude is holding the group back from moving on.

Discuss...
Stevie:

- Is perfectly correct that there is no money in new music. It's hard enough for young musicians let alone legacy acts...but she's wrong to say that's a reason not to make music. She SHOULD make new music and write new songs FOR THE JOY OF IT. And because she respects her "friend" Christine McVie.

- Stays awake until 5 am. She has only slept four hours when it comes to 9 am. I don't blame her for not wanting to rehearse until she's had her rests, especially if she has been up all night writing new songs for the tour (I doubt it but hey stranger things have happened).

- Lindsey IS useless at anything other than music. It's a fact. She respects his craft but rightly acknowledges he has never done anything but music. He has not waited tables or cleaned restaurants or worked a regular job or studied at university. SHE HAS DONE ALL THESE THINGS.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Stevie:

- Is perfectly correct that there is no money in new music. It's hard enough for young musicians let alone legacy acts...but she's wrong to say that's a reason not to make music. She SHOULD make new music and write new songs FOR THE JOY OF IT. And because she respects her "friend" Christine McVie.

- Stays awake until 5 am. She has only slept four hours when it comes to 9 am. I don't blame her for not wanting to rehearse until she's had her rests, especially if she has been up all night writing new songs for the tour (I doubt it but hey stranger things have happened).

- Lindsey IS useless at anything other than music. It's a fact. She respects his craft but rightly acknowledges he has never done anything but music. He has not waited tables or cleaned restaurants or worked a regular job or studied at university. SHE HAS DONE ALL THESE THINGS.

Actually, Lindsey also studied for a time at university.... and neither graduated.

He in fact did work some regular jobs, which others have pointed out. He held a telemarketing job-- for about as long as Stevie held her dental assistant job, I would point out. And he has had a dual career both in music and in creating and managing quite a nice portfolio of properties for decades now, buying and selling real estate in and around LA. Some people were in rehab instead.

See how that works? Anyone can throw mud.

She worked at most a couple of years of their career (if that) at a series of menial jobs to make money that she didn't last terribly long at and wasn't particularly good at. My heart does not break for her for having to work a couple of weeks (her dental assistant job) or a few months (waitressing) at real jobs. He took gigs playing (he toured with the Everly Brothers for one) in addition to working out all their music.

She whined about having to be in the studio at Sound City for 12 hours a day making their first album. See, I did it again.

I love her, but she's not a saint, and she's not the most objective at telling their history.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie was a dental assistant??? I thought she cleaned toilets, not teeth. WTF?

I'd let her clean my toilet, but she ain't getting near my grill!