Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
http://thehurstreview.wordpress.com/...-seeds-we-sow/

With Seeds We Sow, Lindsey Buckingham has made what could well be the finest indie record of 2011 It’s an indie record just about any way you care to define it—though it’s unlikely to be credited as such, I imagine—and it’s maybe the most enticing entry yet in Buckingham’s very fine, very special latter-day catalog.
WOW. This may be the best review he's going to get. It's splendid, well written and spot on. Let's send it to Chili.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
WOW. This may be the best review he's going to get. It's splendid, well written and spot on. Let's send it to Chili.
i know, i love it too (of course!). it's been one of top tweets too, when you search for lindsey buckingham (people liked it and have been re-tweeting it). i couldn't resist telling the guy who wrote it how great it is

this is how i read Chili's first impression: "lindsey sounds too much like lindsey. i don't like that. period." (sorry Chili for talking behind your back)
Old 09-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
this is how i read Chili's first impression: "lindsey sounds too much like lindsey. i don't like that. period."
Spot on. But his review was breathtakingly humourous too.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-on-fox411com/

PLAY > SKIP: This Week's New Music on Fox411.com
By Shawn Amos
Published September 07, 2011
| PopNews Wire

While I was getting nostalgic last week about early 2011, apparently the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Lenny Kravitz, and Glen Campbell released new records. So let's get current, shall we, and step into the fall musical rush, along with Lindsey Buckingham and John Doe — a bunch of dudes well past 40, all proving that rock (and country and folk) can age gracefully.

the rest of the article from http://popnewswire.tv/play-lindsey-b...s-we-sow/13288

PLAY: Lindsey Buckingham, “The Seeds We Sow”
Wednesday, September 7th, 2011 at 5:24 am
By Shawn Amos

Life with Fleetwood Mac is a double-edged sword for Buckingham — and his fans, although one could argue that Fleetwood Mac fans and Lindsey Buckingham fans are two separate crowds. Buckingham’s main talking point is that his supergroup is the “big movie,” while his solo works constitute his small “indie films.” Cynics would say that’s a politician’s way of managing expectations — and Buckingham’s own ego. However, any artist will realize that Lindsey Buckingham is smart enough to know that without Fleetwood Mac, he’d be another brilliant, starving musician. The Mac pays the bills, but the solo work keeps him from becoming a classic rock caricature. More of the group’s fans should join along.
“The Seeds We Sow” is better than any big-budget band album Buckingham has pushed out in decades. The title track and the beautifully amped-up “The Way Love Goes” show a player, writer, and singer still passionate at 62. I’ll tolerate a mediocre Fleetwood Mac album knowing the money is funding stuff like this one. It brings new meaning to art patronage.

WATCH Lindsay Buckingham perform “The Seeds We Sow” live at Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills.
(they provided a link to welshwitchPMD's video, btw)
Old 09-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://artsandentertainmentplaygroun...andEplayground

Lindsey Buckingham – ‘Seeds We Sow’: A Review
September 8, 2011By Kenneth E. Oquist
As a long time Lindsey Buckingham fan, his new release Seeds We Sow is excellent from start to finish. “End of Time” is a really pleasant mid-tempo song that does show the marketabililty the group that gave him a boot in the behind several years ago would have liked. That being said, this is simply a really good song and my favorite track. “Gone Too Far” is a Pop flavored song. Regardless of marketability, this is another of the best. “Illumination” shows a more funky side than what some of the other songs sound like from Lindsey these days.

“In Our Own Time” is another sound yet with some slick acoustic guitar lead and it’s a snappy sounding song. On “One Take” finally folks enter the electric guitar. A quirky song but funky in parts. It’s great song and one of the best here. “Rock Away Blind” has a minimal beat and those fast acoustic guitars he favors these days. “She Smiled Sweetly” is a lovely acoustic song. I like this one quite a bit. The title track is quite a fast paced acoustic song. Marketing may not know what to do with it, but no matter it’s pretty good to me.

“Stars Are Crazy” is another fast acoustic guitar tune with minimal percussion, but strong as they all are. “That’s the Way Loves Goes” alternates totally acoustic with a pretty snappy beat. Variety is here in this song by itself. Another really good song. “When She Comes Down” is a slower song with a lazy beat. There is a nice variety here in spite of a lack of electric guitars. With very little weakness, Lindsey scored four and a half stars easily.

Contact the Author: KennethEOquist@ArtsandEntertainmentPlayground.com
Old 09-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.jsonline.com/entertainmen...129461998.html

CD Spotlight

Lindsey Buckingham: Seeds We Sow
e-mail print
Sept. 8, 2011 2:45 p.m. |(0) Comments

Lindsey Buckingham

Seeds We Sow

Buckingham

Lindsey Buckingham has spent many years chasing pop perfection. While that helped him turn Fleetwood Mac into one of the most successful bands of the '70s, it made his solo career a halting, erratic thing. In the last five years, however, he has evidently abandoned the pursuit; paradoxically, that has resulted in a steady flowering of his creativity.

"Seeds We Sow" is Buckingham's third studio album since 2006, and it's his rawest. He made it at home for his own label, and it sounds as though he decided against polishing everything to a sterile shine.

Yet because his voice remains sweet, his guitar intricate and his melodies irresistible, the ear notices the gems more than the flaws. The relative simplicity of the production and performance brings out the beauty in "When She Comes Down" and sharpens the edge of "One Take," and Buckingham has never seemed closer to his muse or his audience.

- Jon M. Gilbertson

Lindsey Buckingham will perform Sept. 17 at the Pabst Theater, 144 E. Wells St.Look for a list of the week's new CDs Tuesday in the Cue for a Better Life section.