Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-23-2003, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default My Phoenix Review (looong)

blackcat and I had donor tickets for the benefit, which meant there was a pre and post-concert party. The band was supposed to attend the post-concert party, but I was skeptical. At the first benefit we attended, in 2000, Stevie and her guests came down to the party, but had no interaction with the fans. In 2001, Stevie and Mick came to the party and signed autographs, but no Lindsey. I was itching for a break! I SO wanted to connect with Lindsey. But I'm getting ahead of myself...

We got to the pre-concert party at 7pm. There was a girl playing the guitar, a few tables set up with cheeses and fruit and an open bar. I got a glass of Chardonnay to calm those pre-concert jitters, while blackcat had a Sprite. As soon as we got our drinks, I spotted Barbara and Jess Nicks. Jess was in a wheelchair, but both were smiling broadly. blackcat went over to them, introduced herself, and had a few moments of conversation with them both. Then we just milled around and waited to be seated in the arena.

When we got to our seats, blackcat was a HAPPY woman! Our seats were just SLIGHTLY to the left of Stevie's mic, front row, which was perfect! We sat there waiting for the show to begin and chatted a bit with the folks around us.

I had a mission that night...you all probably know by now that Lindsey has quite a penchant for blondes and I decided that it was the night for brunettes and I was going to get and HOLD his attention if at all possible! We soon heard the crickets and I took up a spot right at the stage between Stevie and Lindsey. Lindsey took his spot at the Mic and looked around at the crowd, as he does. I waved and he smiled at me. After a bit, I decided I was too much in the middle of the pack, so I moved back toward where our seats were and stood next to blackcat, who was in ecstasy with such a great view of Stevie! Well, my strategy seemed to work, because Lindsey suddenly noticed me and smiled and pointed at me a great deal! WOOHOO! Score one for the brunettes!

The band sounded so incredible! They were even higher energy than they had been at the previous two shows I was at. Lindsey was truly a wild man! His solos during Come and I'm So Afraid were longer and more intense than normal. And Stevie didn't deliver anything but perfection on every song! They were just SO amazing! A cute little thing happened, right after Landslide. Stevie walked over to Lindsey and they both stood there for a moment. Stevie strummed Lindsey's guitar once and then removed her hand. Lindsey looked at her with a big grin on his face and said, "go on!" She laughed and shook her head no. They didn't do any special songs or anything for the benefit, but they did talk a bit more than they had in the Anaheim shows. Stevie dedicated Landslide to her parents, Silver Springs to her mom and Beautiful Child to her dad. She teared up while singing Beautiful Child and wiped her eyes after she finished singing. Her dad is obviously a bit frail and in the wheelchair, so I'm sure singing that song for him was quite emotional for her. blackcat again had a sign for John McVie. Since we were pretty much directly in front of him, he saw it clearly this time and pantomimed taking a picture of the sign and smiled a huge smile! Mick also saw it and gave blackcat a thumbs up.

I noticed that there weren't many people standing near the left "gap" right in front of us, so I decided to "help" Lindsey play the guitar again, but I also decided I needed help from blackcat, so as soon as the song started I dragged her up to the gap. Lindsey ran down over there and we both played his guitar together! She was smiling broadly and enjoying the moment. I have been teasing her ever since then that she is a Lindsey Lady now! When that part of the solo was over, Lindsey stood up, looked right down at me and it seemed like he was extending the solo and playing just for ME! We had eye contact for what seemed like forever, but I'm sure it was just a moment! I was SOOOOOOO happy!

All too soon the concert was over, but we still had a party to attend. So we made our way to Kincaid's. There was a table of cheeses again, some fruit and petit fours. Waiters were wandering around with glasses of red wine, white wine and champagne. I had to have another drink because this could be the moment I had been waiting for for six years, ok, obsessing about--the chance to meet Lindsey. Someone made an announcement that the band would be up in about 15 minutes and they were going to take pictures in groups of 6, but no autographs. We made our way to the line (we were standing in a line! ) and waited.

After waiting a few more minutes the band made their entrance and Lindsey was there! YEEEEHA!!!! Jess Nicks made a speech, but his voice is thin and I couldn't hear what he was saying. Then Mick spoke for the band and he talked about what a special event this was to help out the Foundation. Truthfully, I wasn't paying a lot of attention; I was just standing on my toes staring at the top of Lindsey's head! The band then took up their places to be photographed and the line started moving.

When we got up there, we were placed next to John. I told him that blackcat was the lady with the sign and he looked at her and said, "That was you? Too cool...you rock!” They snapped two photos and then told us to leave. I was not about to walk out of there without talking to Lindsey, so I made eye contact with him, shook his hand and said "I just want to thank you for your music. It means so much to me." He smiled and VERY genuinely said, "That's so sweet. Thank you for that" and smiled a very big smile! I melted! Let me tell you, photos and stage lighting do NOT do him justice! He is GORGEOUS! I have never seen blue eyes like those in my life!!!! Ok I'm gushing....

Right after that we left the party, as we knew it was “over”. It will never truly be over though, because I have the most incredible memories to carry with me forever.

Patti
Old 07-23-2003, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Oh gawsh...

Quote:
Originally posted by Patti
He smiled and VERY genuinely said, "That's so sweet. Thank you for that" and smiled a very big smile! I melted! Let me tell you, photos and stage lighting do NOT do him justice! He is GORGEOUS! I have never seen blue eyes like those in my life!!!! Ok I'm gushing
*THUD*

*Reaches up from the floor to type*

Thanks for that story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2003, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Awww, Patti...how great. I'm happy for you! Thanks for the review!
Old 07-23-2003, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Awesome review, Patti!!

Was this the same show that John's roadie exchanged the sign for everyone's picks? Or was that an earlier one?

"If you f*ck with my people, I'm gonna get real f*cking angry!" (Stevie-1988)

If I'd have written a song on "Rumours"? How about "You want a what?", or "We should have had a Pre-Nup". (John McVie)
Old 07-23-2003, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Good for you Patti! I'm glad you got to see the blue of LB's eyes! He really is gorgeous! And you guys got to meet McVie! I think that would have been so cool.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was there also, but have never been one to write big long reviews....

I will say it was truly an amazing show, I'm like in love with every member of that band lol.....it was my first show on this tour, and I only get one more.

Now, I didn't have donor tickets....Soo..me and a few other stood outside of Kincaids and waited for the band to arrive....and then sure enough they stepped out of these elevators across from the bar....and I thought I was gonna wet myself lol....I've never been that close to these people....Stevie was walking with her parents on either side of her (how cute are they!?!) and Lindsey had his arm around Kristen...and John and Mick I didn't notice as much I was way to focused on Stevie....well, they pretty much just walked right past as the security was yelling at us to start leaving...hahaha....and the band went into the bar....and Patti's review can take it from there
Old 07-23-2003, 11:51 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs up

Good for you Patti!!! I can't believe you got to take a pic with the band. To me, that's better than an autograph any day! Why don't you post the pic...we'd love to see it!
Brett
Old 07-23-2003, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now I know who to blame for Lindsey never working his own (our) side of the stage during this show. Damn girls, you really got his attention! I kept thinking how lucky those ladies on Stevie's side were. He kept noticing them and showing them attention even though they weren't on his side. You two had him over in the middle and by Stevie's side almost all night. LOL! I wish I had been on the floor on his side, but I was one section back on the side, second row, off the floor on Lindsey's side. I mistakenly thought he would be over by us all night, but you guys got his attention for sure. We were too far out of view for him to see us even though I tried waving my jacket over my head at him. The people on his side in the front row must have been AHI stiffs who weren't jumping up to get his attention so he went over to where the love was. I saw you playing his guitar. Lucky you!
Old 07-23-2003, 01:43 PM
Ledgie

Default Thanks and questions...

Did Mick and John have their wives with them?

What did the sign for John say?

Love,
Jo and Jensen
Old 07-23-2003, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Some Answers

To Wednesday's Child--no this was a different sign. After the roadie took the one in Anaheim, blackcat made a new one when we got back to Phoenix. This one said "Keep Rockin' John".

To Brett--we don't have the pictures yet with the band, so I couldn't post it if I wanted to.

To Jo and Jensen--I don't know if Mick or John's wives were there. To be honest, there was such a crowd of people in the after party, it was hard to take everything in.

gldstwmn--John was VERY nice. I really like him now a LOT!

And finally, to glitter fades, that is so cool that you saw us and saw LB paying attention to us! It's one of those things where you know it happened, but as time passes, you start thinking "did I just dream all that?"

Patti
Old 07-24-2003, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you Patti for all your answers!

"If you f*ck with my people, I'm gonna get real f*cking angry!" (Stevie-1988)

If I'd have written a song on "Rumours"? How about "You want a what?", or "We should have had a Pre-Nup". (John McVie)
Old 07-24-2003, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Thanks and questions...

Quote:
Originally posted by Jo and Jensen
Did Mick and John have their wives with them?

Love,
Jo and Jensen

When Mick walked from the elevators to the bar, I saw that he had his arm around a tall woman with short dark hair--probably his wife? John was walking by himself. I couldn't see Kristen's face, but her hair was darker and wavier than I expected. She's as too-skinny as Lindsey is!

~Amy
Old 07-24-2003, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: My Phoenix Review (looong)

Quote:
Originally posted by Patti
After a bit, I decided I was too much in the middle of the pack, so I moved back toward where our seats were and stood next to blackcat, who was in ecstasy with such a great view of Stevie! Well, my strategy seemed to work, because Lindsey suddenly noticed me and smiled and pointed at me a great deal! WOOHOO! Score one for the brunettes!

Patti
Patti, THANK YOU!! I think I was the one who benefitted from your decision to move out of the very front between Lindsey and Stevie. I was able to move up, then felt very guilty, and then wanted to let you come back up if you wanted to. But it sounds like your new position ultimately worked out better for you ! DAMN, being right there was the most amazing experience possible. Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for inadvertently allowing me to have the unbelievable front-and-center time I had.

ps: Your John sign was awesome. He looked genuinely pleased to see it.

~Amy
Old 07-24-2003, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I remember you!

Amy, yes I had gone back to the back to get a throat lozenge from blackcat (I swear I lost most of my voice after the first Anaheim show and I still haven't gotten it back!) and then I went back up to the stage and you were standing there! You were very kind and I know you would have allowed me back up there, but yes, it seems to have worked out for the both of us. Gotta love that FM karma!

Patti
Old 07-25-2003, 11:35 AM
Senior Ledgie

Talking Dreams come true...

Wow, Patti! This is definately your year. You can now say that you were close enough to see him sweat.

I am so happy for you & Blackcat!! Your dreams have come true.

Thanks for the review! It's great to see you posting again.