The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd buy a "Stevie-less" Fleetwood Mac album. Actually, would kind of PREFER it. "Lindsey-less" too, for that matter. AND, I'll go see 'em live in concert too.

Gimme a lineup of:

Mick, John, Christine, Rick Vito &...how about that girl who sings lead for Mick's Island Rumours band, Gretchen Rhodes.

For me, THAT would be closer to what "Fleetwood Mac" is all about than what we've gotten since 1997.

Fleetwood Mac is DEAD...

...Long Live Fleetwood Mac!
Old 11-10-2014, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I think the fact that Stevie said she's with FM through the rest of the year pretty much means she's doing the Mac album with them. The conflict may have been that she wanted to promote 24 Karat Gold over the summer instead of working on a Mac album.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Not for me. I won't be seeing them on tour due to limited availability and ticket prices I can't afford. A $10 cd however would be in my budget and would also last forever. It's nice that they're enjoying the road and people get to see that, but for me it doesn't change anything. If they don't put out a new album this reunion will have been a waste, as far as I'm concerned.
Yes it hurts the wallet big-time. I cut back very much this time around do the the inflated tix prices also I drop down to the cheap seats this time around and plus the timing of having a winter tour put a damper on traveling for me.I'm not fond of driving on ice and snow to the show and back.I hate winter tours .

I got one show in already for this year and one show on the next leg in February.So far thats 1 show a year compared to 4 or 5 plus.

If FM pulls a Garth Brooks and sell tix cheap like him or other band or artists. They would get more fans like us keep coming back every night to the shows.We wont see that happen.

Nevermind the price gouging concession stands.Freaking $8 bucks for a beer .$4 bucks for food.I never eat at the shows. I stop at Wendy's on the way home.

Walmart has the CD's the cheapest and sometime Bestbuy has sales on them.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-10-2014, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saradorna View Post
I read them Elle but some are insulting to some of the members of FM (Stevie, Lindsey and Mick to be specific) and there's no need for that! I thought "we are all fans of FM here". You can disagree and be upset at them for not doing what we want to. But why the name calling?

So for many people Stevie is to blame for FM not making an album. Now Stevie is an old goat, the wicked witch, a has been. So Lindsey is to blame because he didn't do a great job on Stevie's song on SYW. Now Lindsey is a bad bad boy or whatever else has been said Oh and Mick is just a money grabber or whatever the new insult you can find for him.

Again its just the name calling that bothers me! Focus Group as you said are to help find answers and I'm all for that! Its fun to try to guess what's going on in FM.

Just saying...
Completely 100% agree. Can't even believe that I have seen Christine McVie live twice in the past month, and I think 24KG is a little piece of heaven.

~She wonders how many more hours her heart will feel broken~
Old 11-10-2014, 10:20 PM
Ledgie

It seems like there's so much speculation about this album when the root of the problem--if there is one--may be that FM doesn't have a contract. And considering that there seem to be some issues within the band right now, adding to the rumor mill by blaming Stevie for not being on board seems unfair. She has delayed touring in support of 24K Gold--and her album sales reflect that choice--to support FM and the return of Christine. Frankly, she's financially secure and doesn't need to tour at all but is on tour with them for an extra year so that should show her commitment to the band. I don't understand why everyone is criticizing her--especially when she had planned a solo tour this year--and changed her plans as soon as Christine returned.

When/if there is an album to shop to the labels, I would think it would be difficult to sell without Stevie being part of it, especially at WB. After 35+ years of loving this band, I'm hoping for a last release from the full line-up and don't understand why there's so much animosity being aimed at Stevie and suggestions that they should release the LP without her. Why don't we all take a chill pill and wait and see what happens after the band finishes the tour?
Old 11-10-2014, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know it sounds silly, but I haven't bought 24k Gold, because I have a bad taste in my mouth about Stevie and her unwillingness to at least mention an album. Just say you will(no pun intended) or won't!!!! She's hurting her legacy with me at least. Again, I know it's silly.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I know it sounds silly, but I haven't bought 24k Gold, because I have a bad taste in my mouth about Stevie and her unwillingness to at least mention an album. Just say you will(no pun intended) or won't!!!! She's hurting her legacy with me at least. Again, I know it's silly.
You are missing out on some great Stevie.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What is very LOUD and clear is Stevie never had any intention of doing another Fleetwood Mac album before Christine came back. Now she is really pressured to do it but the process of making 24k and the results of that album has added pressure to stay solo. She is in a bind. Going to go out on a limb and say she won't do the Fleetwood Mac album.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
You are missing out on some great Stevie.
I know, I'll get around to it.
BTW FM finishing touring at the end of March and doesn't pick up again until the end of may. That leaves a two month break. I figure they have a two week vacation, and need a week to rehearse. (they know the set) So they have a good month to do some recording. Come on Stevie!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2014, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
What is very LOUD and clear is Stevie never had any intention of doing another Fleetwood Mac album before Christine came back. Now she is really pressured to do it but the process of making 24k and the results of that album has added pressure to stay solo. She is in a bind. Going to go out on a limb and say she won't do the Fleetwood Mac album.
We really have no factual evidence of what's going on, -- just a lot of theories mulling around; most of them casting Stevie as the saboteur. On the surface, it is easy to conclude that. But we really don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

Despite the personal tension Stevie has with Lindsey, she has always been loyal to Fleetwood Mac, with the understanding they were the launching pad for her solo career. Given their long history of changing band configurations, it's plausible to suppose a Fleetwood Mac album sans Stevie. But, as I've stated before, Stevie has too much ego to not be a part of what could very be the last album they ever make.

Fleetwood Mac had ceased being a recording group 12 years ago. Christine rejoining the band at this late stage is amazing, but the timing was terrible, at a point when Stevie was just ramping up her solo output. I can understand her frustration, and why she might be a little pissed off. She could have easily refused to do this tour. But she signed on and showed her loyalty to her band.

The notion that she hates Lindsey or is acting in spite is a simplistic dramatization. I think their relationship is better shape than it's been in years.
The tension between them as always been "like a strand in the wind." In the web that is their own, they will begin again.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 11-11-2014 at 12:04 AM..
Old 11-11-2014, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
We really have no factual evidence of what's going on, -- just a lot of theories mulling around; most of them casting Stevie as the saboteur. On the surface, it is easy to conclude that. But we really don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

Despite the personal tension Stevie has with Lindsey, she has always been loyal to Fleetwood Mac, with the understanding they were the launching pad for her solo career. Given their long history of changing band configurations, it's plausible to suppose a Fleetwood Mac album sans Stevie. But, as I've stated before, Stevie has too much ego to not be a part of what could very be the last album they ever make.

Fleetwood Mac had ceased being a recording group 12 years ago. Christine rejoining the band at this late stage is amazing, but the timing was terrible, at a point when Stevie was just ramping up her solo output. I can understand her frustration, and why she might be a little pissed off. She could have easily refused to do this tour. But she signed on and showed her loyalty to her band.

The notion that she hates Lindsey or is acting in spite is a simplistic dramatization. I think their relationship is better shape than it's been in years.
The tension between them as always been "like a strand in the wind." In the web that is their own, they will begin again.
She is not a saboteur. Thanks to her smarts and social skills Fleetwood Mac has not been forgotten. Doing an album means another tour and she will not do that when she knows her time is about up. If she could do the album without a tour, she would do it I'm sure.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie may be loyal but she's shown a strong resistance to studio work since Say You Will. On a few occasions the band has gotten together to try to start recording an album and Stevie has quashed that idea.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
She is not a saboteur. Thanks to her smarts and social skills Fleetwood Mac has not been forgotten. Doing an album means another tour and she will not do that when she knows her time is about up. If she could do the album without a tour, she would do it I'm sure.

Uh..... I love Stevie as much as the next guy, but what? Her efforts are not why Fleetwood Mac are still relevent, if anything it's mostly luck and other parties being involved. MTV, Glee, SNL, American Horror Story, the luck and press of Christine rejoining the band.... The actual members just sorta go with the flow of whatever, including Stevie (whom also, by the way, is definitely not known for her online social skills of which is helping keep the Mac relevant for the past decade). If anything, the Mac's relevance from The Dance to now is due to the parties that made The Dance happen, Lindsey's desire to make another Mac record, their desire to make $$$ by touring the same tired set and Christine's return. If she hadn't, I'm almost positive this band would've fizzled out in another decade by doing 2 or 3 'farewell tours' using the exact same set.

Any fan that actually desires Stevie abandon the band's plan for solo opportunities is, in my opinion, being a little selfish. It took major brass balls for Christine to rejoin her bandmates and because of it they are getting what has to be the most press and buzz since post-The Dance and pre-Say You Will. True, they have precious time left but Stevie (out of the individual members) has made it solo, she's left her mark on the industry as a single, solo act where the others really haven't hit that height. So I say why not make one big, final album and then go back to your 3-month demo ventures and churn them out like hot cakes and do small theater shows until you're bound to a wheelchair or bed. We all know she would (and rightly should). But Christine's return is too big an opportunity to miss and we all know who'll get the stink of it if it doesn't happen, the same way Lindsey got stink for years for leaving the band after Tango. Stevie surely doesn't want that and I don't think her ego (or any of the bands ego's for that matter) could handle it.

Last edited by KenshiMaster16; 11-11-2014 at 03:00 AM..
Old 11-11-2014, 03:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think about the studio bickering on the SYW album .Who wants to put up with that.

I dont want a go to work and end up fighting with the co-workers everyday.I went through that crap myself.

What ever they do.Its up with them.Yes I love a new album and hope it happens.Give them time.I will be alittle older and greyer and it will be worth the wait.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-11-2014, 03:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
Uh..... I love Stevie as much as the next guy, but what? Her efforts are not why Fleetwood Mac are still relevent, if anything it's mostly luck and other parties being involved. MTV, Glee, SNL, American Horror Story, the luck and press of Christine rejoining the band.... The actual members just sorta go with the flow of whatever, including Stevie (whom also, by the way, is definitely not known for her online social skills of which is helping keep the Mac relevant for the past decade). If anything, the Mac's relevance from The Dance to now is due to the parties that made The Dance happen, Lindsey's desire to make another Mac record, their desire to make $$$ by touring the same tired set and Christine's return. If she hadn't, I'm almost positive this band would've fizzled out in another decade by doing 2 or 3 'farewell tours' using the exact same set.

Any fan that actually desires Stevie abandon the band's plan for solo opportunities is, in my opinion, being a little selfish. It took major brass balls for Christine to rejoin her bandmates and because of it they are getting what has to be the most press and buzz since post-The Dance and pre-Say You Will. True, they have precious time left but Stevie (out of the individual members) has made it solo, she's left her mark on the industry as a single, solo act where the others really haven't hit that height. So I say why not make one big, final album and then go back to your 3-month demo ventures and churn them out like hot cakes and do small theater shows until you're bound to a wheelchair or bed. We all know she would (and rightly should). But Christine's return is too big an opportunity to miss and we all know who'll get the stink of it if it doesn't happen, the same way Lindsey got stink for years for leaving the band after Tango. Stevie surely doesn't want that and I don't think her ego (or any of the bands ego's for that matter) could handle it.
Ummm Stevie got them on Glee and herself on American Horror Story. If you don't know that by now then you haven't been paying much attention. She has not "went with the flow" as u put it like other band members. She has written notes to stars, cajoled, slipped comments and kissed major booty(especially to get on Glee and maintaining that relationship got her on American Horror Story)
She is smart and doesn't live in the clouds like Lindsey. She knows what it takes. Having other stars sing their and her praises has helped them stay relevant.