User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-09-2014, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
They are in Europe May and June. If 30th June is the very end then there will be no tour of Aus/NZ. I really can't see that happening. I don't think Stevie would do that to their fans down under.

Would like to see them break to finish the album. However, they can take as much time off as they want, but if Stevie doesn't want an album they can take all the time off they want- it still would never get finished. If they break on 30th June then it seems increasingly likely Stevie will go off and tour on her own (nice having you back Chris).
They should head to Aus and NZ at the first of the year and Europe after that and wrap it up here in the states in June or July with a summer tour.And they go their merry way or record after its over.

I dont see any sense of releasing a new album after the fact of touring is over.

Maybe it was logistics and scheduling conflicts that made it the way they plan this tour.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-09-2014, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I have to look at it this way.We are lucky that Chris back on the road with them on this tour.Which thought it never happen .The new album is a bonus.
Not for me. I won't be seeing them on tour due to limited availability and ticket prices I can't afford. A $10 cd however would be in my budget and would also last forever. It's nice that they're enjoying the road and people get to see that, but for me it doesn't change anything. If they don't put out a new album this reunion will have been a waste, as far as I'm concerned.
Old 11-09-2014, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
24 KG is simply no Fleetwood Mac Magic. Not even one moment. And it doesn't contain ANY contemporary compositions from her. She's lost the art of songwriting on her own and should collaborate with Chris and then leave it to Chris and Lindsey to finish it.
24k gold is Stevie Nicks magic and it doesn't matter if the demos were old. She has such a large catalog, she doesn't need new songs. She is not going write songs with Lindsey or Chris. She needs to just leave and do 24k part 2. At least we know that will be a great album. Lindsey and Chris can handle Fleetwood Mac.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just a thought...
The US leg is currently scheduled to finish at the end of March. They will be in Europe in May. If Stevie somehow agreed to get on board for an album could that one month April window not be used to knock out three Stevie Nicks songs + backing vocals for the already completed Buckingham/McVie material?

Why have they set aside a one month break anyway? If the tour is genuinely going to finish at the end of June, why would they need a one month recuperation break before a two month European leg?
Old 11-09-2014, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Yes. I think it's time for them to bite the bullet and release a Lindsey/Chris album. They can call it Fleetwood Mac or anything else they like, really, I should think they'd just want to get the work out after having worked on it and being so proud of it. Stevie seems happy doing her solo thing, and everyone is getting their cash from the tour. There's no reason everyone can't just work in a way that's gratifying to them without endlessly agonizing over having the "classic" lineup in the studio.
I don't know why they don't feel this way. They want money. They've GOT money. With or without Stevie the album is not going to sell. Just put it out. Obviously, they don't want to just "get the work out" as much as we would want them to. I don't care what Stevie does any more. Since she doesn't want to record with them, I don't think any collaboration with them would be momentous anyway. Why force a reluctant member? I'm just disappointed in Lindsey, Christine and Mick.

Michele
Old 11-09-2014, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodmod View Post
At the Mick M&G in Washington DC, when asked about a new album, Mick was non-commital, his words were something like..... "however this music gets out - as a Fleetwood Mac release or a Lindsey Buckingham solo release, we have some great music coming", I paraphase a little as I cannot recall excatly, but I sense some back peddling going on.
As someone who is going to buy the next Lindsey solo album no matter what, this is not what I want to hear. Christine's unheard songs need to be released and showcased as well.

Michele
Old 11-09-2014, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
So June 30th is the last day for america? And then they go to the UK and stuff?
No, the last US date is Wichita in March. The Europe dates end 6/30 I believe.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I hope this how is going to be

They'll be in the studio sometime around July 2015 or maybe a little later. I love Stevie and want more solo albums but I would like one more with FM. I decide that I'm just going to be happy with whatever happens. I'm not going to get involved in the blame game that some fans here are getting to. It's just silly and very immature, I have learned my lesson no to get upset by the insulting comments of some "fans" here. Its really sad and silly. JMHO.

SteveMacD
Quote:
I don't see that at all. There's a political game going on right now, but that doesn't mean Stevie doesn't want to be a part of a Fleetwood Mac album. In any event, it's kind of a red herring, because they can't go into to the studio until late summer, 2015 at the earliest.
FM77
Quote:
No, the last US date is Wichita in March. The Europe dates end 6/30 I believe.
And all those races that are run
They cause patterns"
Old 11-10-2014, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saradorna View Post
I decide that I'm just going to be happy with whatever happens. I'm not going to get involved in the blame game that some fans here are getting to. It's just silly and very immature,
or you can chose to look at it on the positive side, and read fans opinions almost as a little focus group of opinions [very biased and skewed, depending on the members participating].

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-10-2014, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
or you can chose to look at it on the positive side, and read fans opinions almost as a little focus group of opinions [very biased and skewed, depending on the members participating].
I read them Elle but some are insulting to some of the members of FM (Stevie, Lindsey and Mick to be specific) and there's no need for that! I thought "we are all fans of FM here". You can disagree and be upset at them for not doing what we want to. But why the name calling?

So for many people Stevie is to blame for FM not making an album. Now Stevie is an old goat, the wicked witch, a has been. So Lindsey is to blame because he didn't do a great job on Stevie's song on SYW. Now Lindsey is a bad bad boy or whatever else has been said Oh and Mick is just a money grabber or whatever the new insult you can find for him.

Again its just the name calling that bothers me! Focus Group as you said are to help find answers and I'm all for that! Its fun to try to guess what's going on in FM.

Just saying...
They cause patterns"
Old 11-10-2014, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saradorna View Post
I read them Elle but some are insulting to some of the members of FM (Stevie, Lindsey and Mick to be specific) and there's no need for that! I thought "we are all fans of FM here". You can disagree and be upset at them for not doing what we want to. But why the name calling?

So for many people Stevie is to blame for FM not making an album. Now Stevie is an old goat, the wicked witch, a has been. So Lindsey is to blame because he didn't do a great job on Stevie's song on SYW. Now Lindsey is a bad bad boy or whatever else has been said Oh and Mick is just a money grabber or whatever the new insult you can find for him.

Again its just the name calling that bothers me! Focus Group as you said are to help find answers and I'm all for that! Its fun to try to guess what's going on in FM.

Just saying...
It's interesting to me how controversial Say You Will is among fans all these years later. I actually think both Stevie's and Lindsey's tunes were better on Say You Will than anything they'd recorded with Fleetwood Mac since the 70s. My biggest qualm with the album was not the quality of either Stevie's or Lindsey's individual works- it was the fact that there was no bridge between the two; no common thread. And I do not place that on Lindsey. I think the missing component was Christine. I don't think I ever realized how vital Christine was to the fabric of the band until she was no longer there. Her pop finery linked Lindsey's esoteric musings with Stevie's mystical ramblings. She was the point of context.

Christine's return has brought on such mixed emotions from me, though. At first glance, it's everything I've been pining for for a dozen years. The way in which she has returned is somewhat demoralizing, though (through no fault of her own). There isn't an album, but instead another cash-grab oldies tour with exorbitantly priced tickets. A tour in which Stevie and Lindsey are clearly fighting onstage, yet again. Where Stevie is apparently not yet committing to the new album the other 4 members are so proud of. Stevie has been clamoring for Christine's return for over a decade- and this is how her against all odds return is greeted?

I think back in the 70s & 80s, the inter-band drama truly fueled creativity and even credence to the band. But it's so obvious now that same drama has eroded all of the good, and we're solely left with the bad. Add to the fact that these folks are all pensioner aged now, and it's become downright sad. It's no wonder the fans are all reacting so negatively. I think most of us are at our collective wits end.

As a preface, Stevie has always been my favorite member of the band- far and away. I've preferred her work in Fleetwood Mac to her solo career 100 to 1. However, it's reaching the point now where Stevie needs to sh*t or get off the pot. It's been nearly a dozen years since we've gotten a new Mac album. It's been nearly 30 since we've gotten one with the 5 fireflies. If Stevie is so desperately miserable and dissatisfied, she needs to simply part ways with the band. To say it was a good run is an understatement. But her blockading Fleetwood Mac's creativity is affecting the band's legacy. It's no wonder fans are reacting with righteous indignation.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

FM is pretty much teetering on the brink of "I don't really give a ****" for me, a fan since the get-go. The cash grab jukebox tour of Rumours standards and the lack of anything new plus the public bickering .... not worth attention. I saw the 4-member band on tour in 2009 for Unleashed. I have my copies of the 4 or 5 albums. Will listen to them from time to time, I guess.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post

As a preface, Stevie has always been my favorite member of the band- far and away. I've preferred her work in Fleetwood Mac to her solo career 100 to 1. However, it's reaching the point now where Stevie needs to sh*t or get off the pot. It's been nearly a dozen years since we've gotten a new Mac album. It's been nearly 30 since we've gotten one with the 5 fireflies. If Stevie is so desperately miserable and dissatisfied, she needs to simply part ways with the band. To say it was a good run is an understatement. But her blockading Fleetwood Mac's creativity is affecting the band's legacy. It's no wonder fans are reacting with righteous indignation.
I agree that the reason they haven't put an album out in nearly 12 years is entirely on Stevie. How long is she going to put off doing a FM album? She literally has only contributed one 40 year old song to FM since 2003. One in which she doesn't even sing lead and do we even know if Mick and John played on the track? There's no indication that anything has changed in her attitude towards a FM album. Just people assuming that she's on board because why wouldn't she be. She'd be stupid not to be.Whatever her issues are she needs to get over them and take one for the team. Then she never has to do it again if she doesn't want to. But a final album with the full classic lineup needs to happen and they all want it very badly to happen except her.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 11-10-2014 at 11:43 AM..
Old 11-10-2014, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
It's interesting to me how controversial Say You Will is among fans all these years later. I actually think both Stevie's and Lindsey's tunes were better on Say You Will than anything they'd recorded with Fleetwood Mac since the 70s. My biggest qualm with the album was not the quality of either Stevie's or Lindsey's individual works- it was the fact that there was no bridge between the two; no common thread. And I do not place that on Lindsey. I think the missing component was Christine. I don't think I ever realized how vital Christine was to the fabric of the band until she was no longer there. Her pop finery linked Lindsey's esoteric musings with Stevie's mystical ramblings. She was the point of context.
I agree about SYW songs, I do like them. I just made a reference of other fans did not like Stevie's SYW songs and blame Lindsey. I agree that Christine is the glue that makes that band work with three very different songwriters.

Quote:
Christine's return has brought on such mixed emotions from me, though. At first glance, it's everything I've been pining for for a dozen years. The way in which she has returned is somewhat demoralizing, though (through no fault of her own). There isn't an album, but instead another cash-grab oldies tour with exorbitantly priced tickets. A tour in which Stevie and Lindsey are clearly fighting onstage, yet again. Where Stevie is apparently not yet committing to the new album the other 4 members are so proud of. Stevie has been clamoring for Christine's return for over a decade- and this is how her against all odds return is greeted?
So wouldn't you think Stevie may have mixed feelings about this too? After the last tour you know she would have taking a break, made her album and solo tour. Christine comes back and that went out the window. So she figures that she'll do the album and be free of the contract with WB and figure out later everything else. At same time, they (ALL OF THEM) decide to do a tour because Christine needed acclimatize to touring and all that. But if that's so and they REALLy wanted to do the album why extended the tour? And as many have said here, FM ALWAYS said that they wont do the album until 2015, so why is Stevie gets the sole blame of them not doing an album right now? In the end non of us know what's really going on until FM as band say what the heck is really happening. All we do here is assume what the issues are and don't agree is all on Stevie. And even if its because Stevie might be asking for another producer and don't think is an unreasonable request. May I remind all that Lindsey and Christine has said that after the tour Stevie will contribute to whats already done for the new album. BTW, the fighting between Stevie and Lindsey might be about not wanting to do the skit they used to do on tour. You know holding hands, hugging, that kind of stuff.

Quote:
I think back in the 70s & 80s, the inter-band drama truly fueled creativity and even credence to the band. But it's so obvious now that same drama has eroded all of the good, and we're solely left with the bad. Add to the fact that these folks are all pensioner aged now, and it's become downright sad. It's no wonder the fans are all reacting so negatively. I think most of us are at our collective wits end.
I agree, and as they get older they get tired of that. At least some of them or maybe is a she who gets tired of that?

Quote:
Yes I agree again! Stevie IS my favorite so I guess I love her ramblings. But righteous indignation? Why? None of us know whats REALLy is going on! And as I said I question that this is ALL Stevie's Fault.
They cause patterns"

Last edited by saradorna; 11-10-2014 at 02:42 PM..
Old 11-10-2014, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie is my favorite, and I want her to do whatever she wants to do, Fleetwood Mac be damned.

But - I would like another Fleetwood Mac album, *with* Stevie. I also feel that Lindsey and Christine should put out that they have when it's ready, under the Fleetwood Mac moniker, Stevie be damned. If she doesn't want to contribute, then let her have her little tantrum or whatever it is that is holding her back. She's on tour, and that should be enough to satisfy.

A Christine and Lindsey FM album would be must-have for me, just like the Stevie and Lindsey album was.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case