Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just getting around to putting these videos on my hard drive:

Yes, the groundswell of fans BN found in Alabama was bizarre. It was probably made up of aliens.

She was working at the Copper Penny and a french restaurant.

Lindsey has said he listened to the FM songs too (although maybe not back to front) and he said he wasn't as impressed as Stevie was. It's not like he didn't listen at all.

Mick's reaction to learning Stevie told Lindsey they'd join FM for six months and make money and then leave, "then we're out of there," was pretty funny.

Michele
Old 02-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I know how to save videos to my computer, but is anyone else using another way to store these? Are you just keeping a file of saved videos or downloading them to CDs or what? I wish this was more manageable.

Michele
I've just been saving most of them to my computer, however these most recent one's I've had trouble downloading for some reason.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

At this point, I don't even believe they think the audience would react badly to new songs. It's a crock.

Michele
Honestly, if people are drinking, it only makes sense they would go to the bathroom during a new song rather than during a hit.

Quote:
I know how to save videos to my computer, but is anyone else using another way to store these? Are you just keeping a file of saved videos or downloading them to CDs or what? I wish this was more manageable.

Michele
I save to an ext. hard drive in organized folders.

Quote:
Stevie: "He had trepidation. He was trepidated out."

That was awesome!
Old 02-14-2013, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Honestly, if people are drinking, it only makes sense they would go to the bathroom during a new song rather than during a hit.
I see people do that all the time. Sometimes they will prepare to go to the bathroom or the bar and they will hear the strains of a familiar tune and run back to their seats. I saw plenty of people go to the bathroom during Come, but it doesn't mean the whole show is ruined. It's not like they're going to get booed off the stage like they did over 35 years ago.

Plus, if the song is fast and sounds like a dance song, people tend to stay around to hear it, even if they don't know it. There is a way to weave in new songs without it heralding disaster as it did in the band's medieval days.

Michele
Old 02-14-2013, 04:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I'm happy when Stevie wears pants. That's my only outfitwish.
Me too, I like it when she wears pants, boots, and a fancy jacket. I don't even mind the top hat - it's cute sometimes. But I am tired of the "uniform" attitude towards their clothes. The outfits should be as fun as the music. I think when they wear the same thing every time, it becomes boring.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Just getting around to putting these videos on my hard drive:

Yes, the groundswell of fans BN found in Alabama was bizarre. It was probably made up of aliens.

She was working at the Copper Penny and a french restaurant.

Lindsey has said he listened to the FM songs too (although maybe not back to front) and he said he wasn't as impressed as Stevie was. It's not like he didn't listen at all.

Mick's reaction to learning Stevie told Lindsey they'd join FM for six months and make money and then leave, "then we're out of there," was pretty funny.

Michele
Hey, we're not aliens We just really love acoustic guitar and harmonies. Two-part, three-part, four-part - it's all good. Even ones like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg-ivWxy5KE (They're also FROM Alabama )

Or these new up and comers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le-3MIBxQTw

Old 02-14-2013, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyfan View Post
Hey, we're not aliens We just really love acoustic guitar and harmonies. Two-part, three-part, four-part - it's all good. Even ones like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg-ivWxy5KE (They're also FROM Alabama )

Or these new up and comers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le-3MIBxQTw

For real. I'd say we Southerners know some d**n good music when we hear it, thank you very much!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hey, we're not aliens We just really love acoustic guitar and harmonies. Two-part, three-part, four-part - it's all good.
awwww...... where did the alien line came from? did one of macsters say it in one of the new videos?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-14-2013, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
awwww...... where did the alien line came from? did one of macsters say it in one of the new videos?
Thought it was Michele's post
Old 02-14-2013, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thought it was Michele's post
ah. i thought she quoted various statements from the most recent video in her post? (didn't watch the video so idk)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-14-2013, 07:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
For real. I'd say we Southerners know some d**n good music when we hear it, thank you very much!
Exactly right! And out of the more than 100 million people who self-identify as Southerners we have some damn fine musicians and singers too.

Last edited by Lilyfan; 02-14-2013 at 07:46 PM.. Reason: I can't speel, spell, whatever
Old 02-14-2013, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ah. i thought she quoted various statements from the most recent video in her post? (didn't watch the video so idk)
Not that part I think. Just the groundswell part.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey commented that it was bizarre how this groundswell of support just broke out for them in Alabama. I think it's bizarre as well. One state in the nation. There might have been an alien invasion there is my guess. Pods or something. You didn't see us loving BN in Michigan, now did ya?

Michele
Old 02-14-2013, 09:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey commented that it was bizarre how this groundswell of support just broke out for them in Alabama. I think it's bizarre as well. One state in the nation. There might have been an alien invasion there is my guess. Pods or something. You didn't see us loving BN in Michigan, now did ya?

Michele
It got massive radio play in Birmingham so everyone heard the music. That's your answer.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It got massive radio play in Birmingham so everyone heard the music. That's your answer.
Yeah, it was more than just Birmingham. Like Lindsey said, it was in certain pockets of the South. It was getting airplay in Atlanta too.