The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-24-2004, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Did you ever see The Wicker Man? I was going to pick it up last week but didn't. That's one of the more disturbing movies.

Another one you might like is Robert Altman's 3 Women with Sissy Spacek and Shelley Duvall. It's surreal. One of my all-time favorites since I was little. It was never released on video or DVD until May, 25 years after it was released. I was relying on a crappy copy I taped from PBS.

Old 11-25-2004, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Oy, Suspiria is chilling. That Goblin soundtrack is nightmare-inducing. I love how the opening credits have a narrator, but then you never hear from him again. The part that really horrifies me is when Susie's roommate is being stalked through the school and she ends up jumping into the room full of razor wire. My skin crawled. And the end, where she's exploring the secret passage? I almost fainted.

Argento made some really freaky flicks back in the day. You should see Phenomena with Jennifer Connelly. That's so weird that I can't even describe it. He made one called Opera that was just ridiculous, but so inventive that you have to admire it.

I had read The Ice storm, so I was kinda disappointed with the movie. But it was pretty good. Love Sigourney and Joan.

Here's a list of Roeg's movies:

http://imdb.com/name/nm0001676/

He hasn't made a decent flick since The Witches, though.
Omigosh, i guess i was mistaken about roeg. suspiria wasn't that scary to me. but, yeah, it was weird about the roomate. I guess there just wasn't as much gratuitous gore as i was fearing. I thought the soundtrack was obvious, but good.
I'm so glad i didn't read ice storm before seeing it. The movie really touched me, in a special way. Joan Allen, quiet desperation, woot. but i'm suprised you didn't notice the design touches in either of them. Like, there is this scene, where joan allen is standing in the kitchen, and her outfit and the lines of the set all perfectly match. the whole movie is like that. But i'm a real fan of symetry and color match to make symbolism in movies...
But i love Kevin Kline, too, and the child actors in that movie were perfect. And you really can't say enough when you find child actors that don't irritate the **** out of you. Hmmm, i should read the book now that i've seen the movie, yeah?

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 11-25-2004, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Omigosh, i guess i was mistaken about roeg. suspiria wasn't that scary to me. but, yeah, it was weird about the roomate. I guess there just wasn't as much gratuitous gore as i was fearing. I thought the soundtrack was obvious, but good.
I'm so glad i didn't read ice storm before seeing it. The movie really touched me, in a special way. Joan Allen, quiet desperation, woot. but i'm suprised you didn't notice the design touches in either of them. Like, there is this scene, where joan allen is standing in the kitchen, and her outfit and the lines of the set all perfectly match. the whole movie is like that. But i'm a real fan of symetry and color match to make symbolism in movies...
But i love Kevin Kline, too, and the child actors in that movie were perfect. And you really can't say enough when you find child actors that don't irritate the **** out of you. Hmmm, i should read the book now that i've seen the movie, yeah?
Oh, I noticed. Argento is famous for his use of color. Another fantastic one is Greenaway's The Cook, the Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover. The colors and the designs in that film are breathtaking. You'd have an orgasm.

Old 11-25-2004, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Oh, I noticed. Argento is famous for his use of color. Another fantastic one is Greenaway's The Cook, the Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover. The colors and the designs in that film are breathtaking. You'd have an orgasm.
i've seen parts of that, and in fact, i did have a "design orgasm" I'll have to see more Argento. But if you ever re watch Ice Storm, take special note. And Christina Ricci's red poncho... Weren't the scene's between her and the two brothers exceptionally strange and real? and Katie Holmes, I really loved her then, i wish she would repeat a performance like that...that scene with elton john in her rich girl's house? be still my heart! sorry, i know you read the book, and it was better, but i really love that movie...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 11-25-2004, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i've seen parts of that, and in fact, i did have a "design orgasm" I'll have to see more Argento. But if you ever re watch Ice Storm, take special note. And Christina Ricci's red poncho... Weren't the scene's between her and the two brothers exceptionally strange and real? and Katie Holmes, I really loved her then, i wish she would repeat a performance like that...that scene with elton john in her rich girl's house? be still my heart! sorry, i know you read the book, and it was better, but i really love that movie...
It's a beautiful movie; the cinematograpghy, the direction, the soundtrack, the performances (especially by Joan Allen and Sigourney Weaver IMO) are close to perfection. Actually I'm an Ang Lee huge fan and love every movie he has done, so maybe I'm a little biased.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 11-25-2004, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was never a Katie Holmes fan, but Pieces of April won me over. Honestly, that whole cast was exceptional, but her and Patricia Clarkson were amazing.

You should watch The Cook, the Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover in its entirety, it's breathtaking. The restaurant is so exquisite and the indivdual sections of it are all different colors (white for the bathroom, red for the banquet hall, green for the kitchen, etc.). And the ending is just jaw-dropping. "It's a delicacy, Albert."

Old 11-25-2004, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrart
It's a beautiful movie; the cinematograpghy, the direction, the soundtrack, the performances (especially by Joan Allen and Sigourney Weaver IMO) are close to perfection. Actually I'm an Ang Lee huge fan and love every movie he has done, so maybe I'm a little biased.

Romy
I think he's a hack. He's had a good number of crappy flicks and will never be forgiven for Ride With the Devil and The Hulk.

Old 12-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm alittle late in the game here, those links of Lindsey's house don't work for me or they've expired and I've searched for picture's but no luck, someone please help
Old 12-12-2004, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Try this link

http://www.belairvilla.com/

Still wondering why it's up for sale.

Last edited by WelshWitchPMD; 12-12-2004 at 02:12 PM..
Old 12-12-2004, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you, that worked! One question though......where's the most important room, the recording studio?
Old 12-12-2004, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic
Thank you, that worked! One question though......where's the most important room, the recording studio?
I think that it might the free standing little guest house. I don't know but I guess he took all the recording equipment out. I don't think that comes with the house. I am still puzzled as to why go and build it and then sell.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
I think that it might the free standing little guest house. I don't know but I guess he took all the recording equipment out. I don't think that comes with the house. I am still puzzled as to why go and build it and then sell.
If your trying to sell a house for a kazillion dollars in "Tinsel Town" (where the music people population is really high) why wouldn't you leave the recording studio intact and highlight it as a selling point? Do we fans have to think of everything?
Old 12-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Phew..that was the longest link!! Fascinating .Very cool..that there's an NZ flax, ferntree and cabbage tree in the garden
What a shame, that there's only a guitarcase in one corner, you'd never guess a guitar player lived there, and not an FM pic or gold disc in sight either!It's strange... I would have put Linds down for an Ikea man myself, Spanish style is kinda interesting though.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic
If your trying to sell a house for a kazillion dollars in "Tinsel Town" (where the music people population is really high) why wouldn't you leave the recording studio intact and highlight it as a selling point? Do we fans have to think of everything?
Who knows but the whole thing just seems really, really odd.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuigirl
Phew..that was the longest link!! Fascinating .Very cool..that there's an NZ flax, ferntree and cabbage tree in the garden
What a shame, that there's only a guitarcase in one corner, you'd never guess a guitar player lived there, and not an FM pic or gold disc in sight either!It's strange... I would have put Linds down for an Ikea man myself, Spanish style is kinda interesting though.
You are so right about the guitar player living there, you'd never know it. I know when they do these photo lay outs for houses they try to make them look like something out of a magazine, no personal items, no toys etc....just very clean and simple, so that your not trying to appeal to only one type of buyer, but who knows, if he had left all the Fleetwood Mac stuff maybe some really rich Mac fan would buy it (some really rich Mac fan, now that's funny ) But then again if he hasn't been living in the house very long maybe it never was decorated with the personal stuff, but your right welshwitch, very odd!