User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-29-2017, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Is that right? Wow. So many years in the making!
right?! i'm too lazy to go search for interviews at the time or through threads here, but there were social media posts that Christine came to the US in spring 2014 for rehersals (i meant hair clip not hear clip in my post above ), and then many other artists or studio people kept reporting on social media that Fleetwood Mac is at the Village recording new music together.

then about a month later Dave Stewart posted that carnival's moving to Nashville or something to that effect and we all specualted SN will record her contribuions (or at least demo them) separately from LB and CM recording their stuff, but that SN's recordings are still for FM album. everyone was excited that things were finally moving since those recordings were sitting since 2012.

and then one of our own members went to some book signing with Mick and asked him about the new album, and that was the first time we've heard that SN went to Nashville to record her solo stuff, not FM. now with the Carnival Begin and fragmented videos patched together in the Making Of doc, i just have to wonder whether SN was maybe considering joining them, but something irked her (like Lindsey and Christine working closely together irked her in the past, but one would think she long outgrew those feelings) and she decided she wants to have nothing to do with their project.... and then exactly like npow they are saying BuckVie tunes were always gonna be a duet and not FM, maybe at the time made up that whole story about "label obligation" that SN just found out about and had to fulfill right after FM rented the Village studio to work on new music together.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-29-2017, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It does raise the question, what 3, 4 or 5 24K songs would one have wanted the Mac to record for the album?

Off the top of my head I would have considered: 24KG, All the Beautiful Worlds, Watch Chain, Blue Water, She Loves Him Still

Mabel Normand is my favorite, but I'm not sure that's right for the Mac.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 05-29-2017 at 05:24 PM..
Old 05-29-2017, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I always thought All The Beautiful Worlds would have been a fantastic Fleetwood Mac song with very little if any tweaking. (Except having Lindsey and Christine singing back up of course) It would have fit well with what I'm hearing from the Buck/McVie album.