User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-28-2017, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post

Stand Back is different; it was a huge hit AND it appeared on the FM Chain box set. .
which it never, ever should have. And I'm a huge Stevie fan. Solo stuff should stay on solo records. I'm not keen on them being done live with the band either.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
which it never, ever should have. And I'm a huge Stevie fan. Solo stuff should stay on solo records. I'm not keen on them being done live with the band either.
I don't mind a couple solo songs as long as they don't take too many slots away from full band songs. Just curious as to what your opinion is on Fleetwood Mac songs at solo concerts? I know some people wish Stevie​ would cut some of her Mac songs and replace them with less performed solo songs.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24karatstevie View Post
I don't mind a couple solo songs as long as they don't take too many slots away from full band songs. Just curious as to what your opinion is on Fleetwood Mac songs at solo concerts? I know some people wish Stevie​ would cut some of her Mac songs and replace them with less performed solo songs.
I get why they did them in the beginnings of their solo careers.... not enough solo hits yet, and it reminded people of where they knew the performer from already (the band) because they weren't established solo artists. But over time yeah, weed out some of the FM and just do solo stuff. GDW can stay out of her solo sets forevermore as far as I'm concerned... Isn't it funny though how many of the big hits in her solo show are Lindsey arranged band songs??
Old 05-29-2017, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Agreed, there is no need for solo or duet album stuff (B.N. or B.McV).
FM have so many fantastic songs, a huge catalogue to select from.....so play something you either have never or have rarely played live to mix things up = no brainer
Old 05-29-2017, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Re: the fighting on this board and others like it --- I bet Mick has his team read boards like this before a new tour and then they decide how many gazillion dollars to charge for the meet and greets. He should DOUBLE it this next tour because of the crazy reactions at this duets album.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not sure what I think... it was a solo song, true, but the performance was by the whole band. Also, wasn't a live version of Go Insane on the Very Best of FM? Having said that, that version of SB is my favorite live recording.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I'm not sure what I think... it was a solo song, true, but the performance was by the whole band. Also, wasn't a live version of Go Insane on the Very Best of FM? Having said that, that version of SB is my favorite live recording.
I think in both cases, they were just looking for songs that the casual fan might not own, to encourage them to buy the new package they were peddling. Which is why Mick wouldn't give Stevie Silver Springs...Mick's a whore like that...
Old 05-29-2017, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I think in both cases, they were just looking for songs that the casual fan might not own, to encourage them to buy the new package they were peddling. Which is why Mick wouldn't give Stevie Silver Springs...Mick's a whore like that...
Yes, he paints a vulgar picture.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:02 PM
Ledgie

I have a theory .
Stevie has just enough songs for a solo album and a we wil get a repackaged songs from the vault 24k .

She heard the Lindsey and Christine songs and did not like them and decided she's not going out like that
Old 05-29-2017, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
WB ownes the releasing rights, not Mick. That's why it's been re-released nearly every ten years since its initial release. Mick has some input, but he couldn't just let Stevie use it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-29-2017, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameGlassTable View Post
I have a theory .
Stevie has just enough songs for a solo album and a we wil get a repackaged songs from the vault 24k .

She heard the Lindsey and Christine songs and did not like them and decided she's not going out like that

My theory is that Stevie decided that if she is going to release a farewell album with the band it should be a true band effort like their first in 1975. If she is going to release a 24k part 2 now is the time.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
My theory is that Stevie decided that if she is going to release a farewell album with the band it should be a true band effort like their first in 1975. If she is going to release a 24k part 2 now is the time.
My theory is there will be one last Album with all five....
It will be a very few new songs say 2 each..even Stevie should manage that.
And then live tracks throughout the years..
No forget the new stuff......just great LIVE stuff from down the years
Old 05-29-2017, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
My theory is there will be one last Album with all five....
It will be a very few new songs say 2 each..even Stevie should manage that.
And then live tracks throughout the years..
No forget the new stuff......just great LIVE stuff from down the years
I'd really really love to believe that.

But I so don't get the feeling that Stevie is onboard with that. I really, sadly, don't. WE think if we were her, we'd see things the way we all see them. But she's not us, she has her own reasons/feelings/grudges/damage from the years in the band/ with Lindsey recording/ whatever, and her point of view seems very different to ours.

So I'm not sadly holding my breath, though I would love it to be so.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
WB ownes the releasing rights, not Mick. That's why it's been re-released nearly every ten years since its initial release. Mick has some input, but he couldn't just let Stevie use it.
I swear I remember reading that Stevie was mad at Mick, because he told her no, concerning using it for herself.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I swear I remember reading that Stevie was mad at Mick, because he told her no, concerning using it for herself.
She did say that, but it wasn't up to him to let her use it. Since it had been reissued on the Back-to-Back Hits series of 45's by Warner's in 1987 (Don't Stop B-side), they had control over how the song was released, not Mick. Now, he might have refused to help her get permission from Warner's, but it was already going to be on the Fleetwood Mac box-set just a year and a half later, so why would he? That said, there was nothing preventing Stevie from rerecording it.

THE Stephen Hopkins