The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-15-2014, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Though Stevie has committed to Fleetwood Mac, it sounds to me as though they're a little fed up with her. It sounds harsh but I get that feeling, especially from Mick and Lindsey. Mick sounds fed up with Stevie's solo career and Lindsey just wants her to contribute to the album whatever happens. I don't think John or Christine have much of an opinion.

Mick always sounds flippant in interviews regarding what she's doing and I think he just wants her to be 100% involved with Fleetwood Mac. When she has the ability to produce a top 10 album in a couple of months then in Stevie's mind, that certainly isn't the case!
Old 11-15-2014, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
I find this whole thing ridiculous. Stevie always says how grateful she is to have Fleetwood Mac and how she can't believe the sizes of their audiences and now she's debating whether or not she should participate in the new album?

People who aren't hardcore Fleetwood Mac fans would just think 'Where the hell is Stevie Nicks?' I'm sure the songs that they've recorded are great but Stevie has to contribute as that's what make the band great, the fact that they all combine so well.

If Stevie chooses not to be involved in this album then she is stupid. Whether she wants to or not she should, and then she can do her SFTV2 whenever she has a couple of months free and then she can tour when the band's done.

Fleetwood Mac need to come first, not Stevie's solo career because that can wait. GET INVOLVED STEVIE!!!
sorry to disagree James but I don't think non-hardcore fans would think "Where the hell is Stevie Nicks "..I think it would be more Stevie who ?
This band haven't had a new album since 2003...generation of record buyers never heard of Fleetwood Mac....
However I do think she needs to get involved and she will.....
Just when....we don't know
Old 11-15-2014, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
However I do think she needs to get involved and she will.....
Just when....we don't know
I think so too. She'd better!
Old 11-15-2014, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
I think so too. She'd better!

um....they aint' gettin any younger. Lindsey's done a lot more great to her songs, then bad.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Sometimes I wonder just how much they all communicate with each other when on tour. There's no doubt that Mick, Lindsey and Christine probably chat but does Stevie actually participate in any off stage communication with them?
That's the saddest thing of all for me. It sounds like Stevie hasn't had any interest in or even heard the songs Lindsey, Christine, Mick and John recorded together. Likewise, the four haven't spoken to Stevie about 24K Gold Songs From The Vault. Its as if they hang out for a year or more on the road together but don't even speak. Sad.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
That's the saddest thing of all for me. It sounds like Stevie hasn't had any interest in or even heard the songs Lindsey, Christine, Mick and John recorded together. Likewise, the four haven't spoken to Stevie about 24K Gold Songs From The Vault. Its as if they hang out for a year or more on the road together but don't even speak. Sad.
But Mick and Christine were at the premier of her photo exhibit, which is a part of the 24KG promotion.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-15-2014, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Have you been living in a cave for the past year? Stevie did put FM first by doing a rush job on 24K so the FM tour could happen she could have easily said "We can tour after I wrap up this record for WB" and taken her time doing so...Why should Stevie be the only one who has to let her songs be trampled upon...LB gets to have his song be the way he wants them and so does CM so why should Stevie's songs be any different? If Stevie want's to be the producer on her songs let her do so.
Lindsey has been talking about them getting an outside producer for YEARS now and that talk has been to accommodate Stevie's need to have him away from her songs. Your claim that Lindsey is insisting on producing her songs himself seems about 30 years old. He didn't use Froom because he fell in love with him. He used him to try to coax Stevie to work with someone else on FM songs, if she didn't want to work with him.

I think he realized that she needed someone from outside ever since her reaction to his work on SYW was so negative. He knew if he wanted to work with her after that, he would need a buffer and he talked about being open to that and even named possible outside producers, including Dave Stewart.

Michele
Old 11-15-2014, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
There's only one way for this to end in Stevie's favor.

Huh? Who are you - Hitler? Talk about bullying - this is it!

It could end in Stevie's favor if she just said NO. She has earned the right.
Well, then she should just say "no" instead of continually kicking the can down the road and abusing the word bullying tends to weaken your point, not strengthen it.

Michele
Old 11-15-2014, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
This could never end on Stevie's favor. Fairy tale ending will still be considered ruined by Stevie. Is it her right to day no? Absolutely. Is it good for get legacy ? No. Certainly not with me.
Yes, she will look bad in the media, which is probably why she will go ahead and grudgingly participate in the end, so she won't take flack in the press. Michele
Old 11-15-2014, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
But Mick and Christine were at the premier of her photo exhibit, which is a part of the 24KG promotion.
Well, yes. But she did recently say "I don't even know if the people in Fleetwood Mac have even heard this record. Honestly. We don't talk about it a lot,"
Sorry, I don't get it. They are musicians. The one thing they should talk about is music. It might be a touchy subject but if somebody close to you makes a whole load of music, surely you'd converse about it.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, yes. But she did recently say "I don't even know if the people in Fleetwood Mac have even heard this record. Honestly. We don't talk about it a lot,"
Sorry, I don't get it. They are musicians. The one thing they should talk about is music. It might be a touchy subject but if somebody close to you makes a whole load of music, surely you'd converse about it.
I laughed when she said she gave Christine an ipod with her music on it, but she doesn't know if Christine listened. She was trying to sneak Lady into Christine's brain.

But this has always been sad to me. I don't know if Stevie has heard Under the Skin before and I think many of the songs on that album would really speak to her.

Michele
Old 11-15-2014, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I laughed when she said she gave Christine an ipod with her music on it, but she doesn't know if Christine listened. She was trying to sneak Lady into Christine's brain.

But this has always been sad to me. I don't know if Stevie has heard Under the Skin before and I think many of the songs on that album would really speak to her.

Michele
I suppose its reminiscent of Stevie giving Lindsey a copy of Bella Donna. Its just odd that as musicians they don't talk about their own music. I'd really like to picture them sitting around jamming to each others tunes.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I suppose its reminiscent of Stevie giving Lindsey a copy of Bella Donna. Its just odd that as musicians they don't talk about their own music. I'd really like to picture them sitting around jamming to each others tunes.
Well, I think their music tastes are so divergent that they don't share a lot. But if they appreciated each other's sound more they would.

I mean, Stevie and Lindsey have talked about each other's last solo albums (before 24K) but I think they did it out of courtesy to the other, not out of passion for the music. Musically, I think they might have more interest in discussing third parties, like Bob Dylan. I mean, Lindsey talked about listening to a Dylan album with Kristen and crying and assuming that Stevie had her own view of that album, I'm sure that she and Lindsey could have a concrete discussion about that, but not so much about either of their own music.

Christine probably doesn't even like Lindsey's music on Tusk, so she's sure not wanting to talk to him about Go Insane. And I think Meantime would give him ideas for new work with Christine, but I don't think he'd like the album on its own terms. But I bet he and Christine can have a hearty conversation about Elvis or the Beach Boys' work.

Mick, you know, he WILL talk to each of them about their solo work and they feel that he understands and appreciates it and that's part of the reason I think they love him.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 11-15-2014 at 02:57 PM..
Old 11-15-2014, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, I think their music tastes are so divergent that they don't share a lot. But if they appreciated each other's sound more they would.
Yes, I get what you say about sharing other music. As far as each others' music I do think its a bit different with 24K Gold. Many of those songs could have been Fleetwood Mac songs so they'd probably recall a few. I just think it would be natural conversation to bring them up 'oh I remember we worked a bit on such and such song- I like what you did with the arrangement on it' etc (and I can only imagine them rushing to hear what the album sounded like out of curiosity). If they don't talk much about Stevie's album then it must make for a tense atmosphere- for Lindsey & Chris there's an elephant in the room that they probably want to talk about but at the same time maybe don't want to talk about.

Last edited by FuzzyPlum; 11-15-2014 at 03:12 PM..
Old 11-15-2014, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, I get what you say about sharing other music. As far as each others' music I do think its a bit different with 24K Gold. Many of those songs could have been Fleetwood Mac songs so they'd probably recall a few. I just think it would be natural conversation to bring them up 'oh I remember we worked a bit on such and such song- I like what you did with the arrangement on it' etc.
Well, I see what you mean. Stevie did say she had a similar conversation with Lindsey working on TISL and he told her that John Shanks had really nailed a song that had eluded producers (including himself) for years.

But since she hasn't heard the songs they recorded for the new album, I doubt that Lindsey and Christine are interested in discussing 24K with her.

Michele