User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-15-2017, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deribish View Post
The "MR Useless" phrase is about her getting a job in 73 or whenever... while Lindz woked on becoming a better guitarist. It's not a reference to him now in the least. Watch the video. It's around the 5 min mark.
read people's remarks. everyone is aware what it was about. and that it was about her being a "cleaning lady". everyone also read Keith Olsen's comments about how useless she really was as a cleaning lady.

she does come across as really bitter, i almost feel sad for her.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-15-2017, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
read people's remarks. everyone is aware what it was about. and that it was about her being a "cleaning lady". everyone also read Keith Olsen's comments about how useless she really was as a cleaning lady.

she does come across as really bitter, i almost feel sad for her.
Right. I knew exactly what she was referencing. You have to read between the lines. Calling him Mr. Useless under the guise of referencing his inability to contribute to their ability to eat and pay the rent nearly 45 years ago is just another way for her to take a jab at him.

Agree about the bitterness - it is pretty sad.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really doubt that Lindsay cares one bit about Stevie calling him Mr. Useless when describing their life in 1973. I mean, does anyone really thinks he gives a comment like that a second thought? Not making excuses for her, but this is an example of fans being more upset than Lindsay. Besides, if she really felt that way at the time, then her stupid comment says a lot more about her for staying with him.

Now if she had used that term in the present tense, I would think it a much bigger deal and could see why people would be offended for Lindsay.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
does anyone really thinks he gives a comment like that a second thought? Not making excuses for her, but this is an example of fans being more upset than Lindsay. Besides, if she really felt that way at the time, then her stupid comment says a lot more about her for staying with him.
i think fans are just sad for her., don't think anyone is really upset. that comment makes her look really bad.

he definitely doesn't care, although is probably sad for her too.

bwboy did you get your ticket for Cleveland yet? let's go boy, i will be there, want to see ya!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-15-2017, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deribish View Post
The "MR Useless" phrase is about her getting a job in 73 or whenever... while Lindz woked on becoming a better guitarist. It's not a reference to him now in the least. Watch the video. It's around the 5 min mark.

Ah, okay, better! Still not nice and I really wonder how long she can be so unforgiving. Not sure if Lindsey is any better.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i think fans are just sad for her., don't think anyone is really upset. that comment makes her look really bad.

he definitely doesn't care, although is probably sad for her too.

bwboy did you get your ticket for Cleveland yet? let's go boy, i will be there, want to see ya!
Thanks for the encouragement, Elle! I remain on the fence, but I am much more likely to go to this venue because, even though Northfield/Cleveland is further away from me than Dayton was, I have a lot of friends there, so it would actually be easier on me. And it's a Friday. And it's their second leg, which means a second chance. If my friend up there says he'll go, then it's on; if he doesn't, we'll see. He's going to let me know by this weekend if he can go. I'm glad you're going. My friend didn't elaborate, but he said it's a decent venue.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She called him that because he refused to get a job other than working on music. Put yourself in her place. You are a 20 something year old female singer trying to break into the big leagues. Your boyfriend sits at home all day long and plays guitar while you are out working and paying the bills. Yeah...I dont think anyone on this board would appreciate that...and I also think that the language that would be used by them about their partner would be a lot more harsh than Mr. Useless.

But, go ahead, crucify her as usual. We all know Lindsey had a very spoiled upbringing. Has he ever had a real job? He has slapped her, thrown his guitar at her on stage, told her what to wear on stage and what not to wear. But she is the bitch here. Whatever....
Old 08-16-2017, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^He was an ass then, she is a bitch now. His treatment of her has been criticized for decades. Hers is really hard to accept right now.

I think that Stevies recent statements regarding FM and especially Lindsey Buckingham are petty, mean and show how out of tune with decency she is.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
She called him that because he refused to get a job other than working on music.
except that's not true, according to other people who were there. it's just Stevie's convenient story.

and he has always been classy about it and let her get away with telling that story, as he does.

her story was he worked as a telemarketer one day and got immediately fired. their friends' stories talk about him making money for them by painting houses for people. and of course as a session musician. something she couldn't do since she had no such skills.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She called him that because he refused to get a job other than working on music. Put yourself in her place. You are a 20 something year old female singer trying to break into the big leagues. Your boyfriend sits at home all day long and plays guitar while you are out working and paying the bills. Yeah...I dont think anyone on this board would appreciate that...and I also think that the language that would be used by them about their partner would be a lot more harsh than Mr. Useless.

But, go ahead, crucify her as usual. We all know Lindsey had a very spoiled upbringing. Has he ever had a real job? He has slapped her, thrown his guitar at her on stage, told her what to wear on stage and what not to wear. But she is the bitch here. Whatever....
So, if ok to call someone you have known for more than 50 years "useless" because he supposedly refused to get a job other than working on music? Why didn't she work on music too? Oh, right..... !

You don't know if anyone on this board hadn't live that situation, and she could have easily gone back to her Daddy, one of the big heads on Greyhound, and back to school.

Both had very spoiled upbringing. Don't put her here as a martyr who had to struggle to make ends meet, because we all know it was not the case. It was not as if she had no choice. She refused to take them because she didn't want to study and it was easier to dance and sing.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
^^^He was an ass then, she is a bitch now. His treatment of her has been criticized for decades. Hers is really hard to accept right now.

I think that Stevies recent statements regarding FM and especially Lindsey Buckingham are petty, mean and show how out of tune with decency she is.
THANK YOU!
Old 08-16-2017, 11:37 AM

Does anyone else think it's pathetic that Stevie calls Lindsey 'Mr. Useless' and then informs us that she can't wake up until 3pm to rehearse with her band?
Old 08-16-2017, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it is pathetic to try to read something into this that isnt there. If they were that much at each others throats, I dont think that we would be hearing about a tour in 2018 at all. I, for one, hope it doesnt even happen. I do not think that Lindsey has the vocal chops anymore to tour. I would prefer to have Stevie solo anyway.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:18 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
I think it is pathetic to try to read something into this that isnt there. If they were that much at each others throats, I dont think that we would be hearing about a tour in 2018 at all. I, for one, hope it doesnt even happen. I do not think that Lindsey has the vocal chops anymore to tour. I would prefer to have Stevie solo anyway.
If we're going to be honest none of them have the vocal chops to tour, but we'll still see them
Old 08-16-2017, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajtrip View Post
If we're going to be honest none of them have the vocal chops to tour, but we'll still see them
I still think Stevie and Christine sound pretty good. They may not hit the notes like they used to but I still thoroughly enjoy their voices.