The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Frankenstein vs. the World » Blog Archive » “I like the song ...
By admin
I love Dottie's guided tour through the Stevie Nicks archive on YouTube. As always Dottie's effortless insight and ability to cut right to the (wild) heart of things is startling and impeccable. My favorite parts are where she talks ...
Frankenstein vs. the World - http://endingthealphabet.org/
Old 07-17-2010, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Review of Heavy Metal – Music From the Motion Picture
Blue Lamp is one of Stevie Nicks' best solo releases ever. Donald Fagan, just coming off the breakup of Steely Dan, shows his jazzy style in True Companion. What Don Felder does here is just as good or better than anything he has ever ...
BurdenHand - http://www.burdenhand.com/
Old 07-19-2010, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsay Lohan – Edge Of Seventeen | DaoMuBiJi
By admin
Why doesn't Lindsay leave it to the proffesionals such as Stevie Nicks? I mean I don't want a low class whore covering one of my all time favorite songs. She deserves going to jail, especially after that little stunt she pulled off in ...
DaoMuBiJi - http://www.daomubiji.tk/
Old 07-19-2010, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Lindsay Lohan – Edge Of Seventeen | DaoMuBiJi
By admin
Why doesn't Lindsay leave it to the proffesionals such as Stevie Nicks? I mean I don't want a low class whore covering one of my all time favorite songs. She deserves going to jail, especially after that little stunt she pulled off in ...
DaoMuBiJi - http://www.daomubiji.tk/
I thought she deserved to go to jail for covering Edge and not paying Stevie any fees or royalties for doing so and being on the edge of awful...
Old 07-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Chas Sandford joins Rock and Load University for Sept 18, 2010
Rock & Load University welcomes Chas Sandford to the line up for their Sept 18, 2010 University in Nashville Tn.

PRLog (Press Release) – Jul 19, 2010 – As a hit songwriter and publisher, Sandford is the recipient of twelve ASCAP Most Performed Songs awards, including John Waite, 'Missing You', Chicago's, 'What Kind of Man Would I Be' and Stevie Nicks, 'Talk To Me'. His songs have also been recorded by Tina Turner, Rod Stewart, Melanie, Roger Daltrey, Berlin, Millie Jackson, Brooks & Dunn, Alison Krauss, Rick Springfield, Sammy Hagar, Jimmy Barnes, Don Johnson, David Wilcox, Tyler Hilton, Sheila B. Devotion and others.

As a producer, Chas has worked with Chicago, Stevie Nicks, Rod Stewart, Roger Daltrey, Berlin, Willie Nelson, Ron Wood, Bonnie Raitt, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Gene Loves Jezebel, Jimmy Barnes, Dan Hill, Gina Schock, Don Johnson and others.

Live highlights include opening for The Eagles on their Hotel California European tour, appearing in and recording live in the Robert Altman film, A Perfect Couple (including a show at the Hollywood Bowl with the L.A. Philharmonic); two months on Broadway in Divine Madness with Bette Midler (appearing in the film of the same name); and playing with the late, great James Brown for a charity show in Augusta, Georgia.

For more information please visit www.rockandloadmusic.com.

Rock and Load was born from the need to educate and mentor emerging artists, musicians, engineers, producers and songwriters and to help facilitate and motivate them toward their success in the highly competitive, complicated world.

--- end --- Visit Press Room

Contact Email : ***@rockandloadmusic.com
Issued By : Rock and Load Music
City/Town : Nashville
State/Province : Tennessee
Categories : Music, Entertainment, Education
Tags : chas sandford, rock and load university, music show, nashville tn, what to do in nashville
Last Updated : Jul 19, 2010
Shortcut : http://prlog.org/10804007

http://www.prlog.org/10804007-chas-s...t-18-2010.html
Old 07-20-2010, 04:08 PM
Registered

Stevie's in a Rock Stars: Then and Now photo slideshow on NBC.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 07-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
Stevie's in a Rock Stars: Then and Now photo slideshow on NBC.
They seem to have picked unflattering photos for all of them, ehh, shock value I guess.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:40 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilthefirefades View Post
They seem to have picked unflattering photos for all of them, ehh, shock value I guess.
Yeah, that's what I thought. But figured I'd post it anyway!

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 07-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

Quote:
Stevie 2010 looks better than Stevie 1980 in that slideshow, or at least doesn't look stoned and pasty. And has a more reasonable haircut. And isn't photographed up-the-nose. And actually looks happy. And...
Old 07-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
Stevie 2010 looks better than Stevie 1980 in that slideshow, or at least doesn't look stoned and pasty. And has a more reasonable haircut. And isn't photographed up-the-nose. And actually looks happy. And...
You mean you don't like the poodle hair?
Old 07-20-2010, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, No, I disagree!! Stevie, Joan, Debbie, Pat, Ann & Nancy and Cherie Currie all look fantastic in both the then and now pictures.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 07-20-2010, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Sheryl Crow interview

In the '90s, you interviewed your friend and fellow musician Stevie Nicks for Interview magazine. I'm going to turn some of those questions you asked her around onto you.

Oh, God [laughs].

Did you ever know that you'd be famous?

No. And she and I laughed about that because she always she knew that she would be famous. I was the kid that saw myself as a member of the Rolling Stones. I wanted to be Keith [Richards]. I wanted to be the guy who was, like, the great musician that all the other musicians looked up to. I wanted to be that person. But as I got older, I got a sense that I needed to express myself and it dictated that I wanted to be in the front.

Does it feel full circle for you then to be in the studio and sharing the stage with Keith Richards, among countless other revered musicians?

It's so absolutely crazy to me that I even know him or that he even knows my name, so yes. It's completely surreal. And to be able to call him and ask him to play on a song of mine ... I don't know how Heaven can top that.

What's the best advice that your mother ever gave you?

The best advice my mom gave me is to remember who you are at all times. It's a real challenge for all of us to remember who we are and the essence of who we are and what it is that we believe in, and kind of always be true to that.

Last one: What's your greatest fear?

Oh, wow. I have a fear that the planet that we're leaving to our kids is going to be so damaged by the time our kids grow up, they won't be able to go out and experience a beautiful summer day or be able to get into the ocean and play. They won't understand what it's like to be connected to nature because they can't.

Congratulations on your recent second adoption, speaking of kids. What do you consider to be your biggest strength as a mother?

I guess I want to say, because of what I've gone through in my life, it's my ability to not sweat that little stuff and, hopefully, my ability to be present for them: no calling, no BlackBerry, no e-mailing. When I'm with them, I'm with them.

Has Wyatt developed his own little musical taste?

He loves Lady Gaga. He loves her! When she's on the radio, he's like, "More Gaga! More Gaga!" And I have to say, "No, it doesn't work like that." "Gaga!" And then I say, "What about Sheryl Crow?" [laughs] He listens to all kinds of music all the time.

http://www.spinner.com/2010/07/20/sh...-from-memphis/
Old 07-21-2010, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

2010 Pitchfork Fest Day 3 in Pictures | dailybeatz
By chris
Victoria Legrand is becoming the Stevie Nicks of my generation with her deep, sultry voice and the fact that her hair always blows in the breeze, even when there is no breeze. Is my admiration for her becoming creepy? ...
dailybeatz - http://dailybeatz.com/
Old 07-23-2010, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Joe Brainard's Pyjamas (The Sequel): "I'm the Poet in Your Heart ...
By William Keckler
Let's have a Stevie Nicks day. We will all wear cowls. Opium eyeshadow. We'll all keep owls as familiars. That's one of my favorite lines in Sid & Nancy. Nancy Spungeon in suicidal phone booth: Siiiid!! I look like ****ing Stevie Nicks! ...
http://joebrainardspajamas.blogspot....our-heart.html
Old 07-25-2010, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tramlines – Friday Night: Dead Like Harry, The Crookes, DQ « Love ...
By whatrhymeswithrosie
The upbeat, full folk rock sound reminds one of the poppier side of Fleetwood Mac, something singer Alice is only too pleased to be compared to as a fan of Stevie Nicks. In the busy garden of The Grapes, I caught up with Alice and Adam ...
Love Sheffield - http://lovesheffield.wordpress.com/