User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-07-2015, 03:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
There is tons of songs with the same song titles.

I dont know why the song writers do that.Even some of Stevie's and Mac tune titles were lifted by other song writers.As long the lyrics and the music are not the same they can get away with it without having legal issues.
You are assuming that they are deliberately stealing song titles. It's very likely they are entirely unaware of a previous song with the same title. It happens a lot of times. Yet Stevie's For What it's Worth is the same title of a well-known Buffalo Springfield song. Why she chose that title is very puzzling , since she must have known the originally titled song.

It's rather alarming there is a generation that has no idea who Paul McCartney is. It reveals how shallow their refererences and depth of knowledge of classic rock and roll music is. Even though I grew up in the 1970s, I was also informed about the musical eras of the 5os and 60s, and found lots of seminal and groups and artists with as much great music as the current era.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 01-07-2015 at 04:01 AM..
Old 01-07-2015, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
You are assuming that they are deliberately stealing song titles. It's very likely they are entirely unaware of a previous song with the same title. It happens a lot of times. Yet Stevie's For What it's Worth is the same title of a well-known Buffalo Springfield song. Why she chose that title is very puzzling , since she must have known the originally titled song.

It's rather alarming there is a generation that has no idea who Paul McCartney is. It reveals how shallow their refererences and depth of knowledge of classic rock and roll music is. Even though I grew up in the 1970s, I was also informed about the musical eras of the 5os and 60s, and found lots of seminal and groups and artists with as much great music as the current era.
It's a problem caused by the internet culture and is more concerning for the "native digital" kids, I attended a seminar about it two months ago. Since the principal source of knowledge, and therefore culture, aren't books and journals anymore but it has become the web, this encouraged to chop the informations in very tiny pieces and usufruct great amount of little knowledge all at the same time but without making any logical and personal connection between them so the learning process has become shallower.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post

I dont know if they are stealing titles but I do agree on writers not knowing about the same title is out there already.

I'm alittle shocked about the young music fans dont know who Paul is.
I guess their parents did not give their children classic rock 101 lessons.

On the reverse side .Fans my age or older probably never heard of One Direction and others current artists.I learned alot from this forum and other internet sources about the current artists and bands.I did not know who Nicki Minaj was until Stevie had some words about her.

My parents and my sisters always had the radio or records playing when I was young.
I enjoyed their music from their generations and still enjoying it today.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-09-2015, 05:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well now that I've listened to the song, I can see why Paul was involved. Just as long as I don't see him rapping with a gold chain around his neck, its all good
Old 01-17-2015, 08:44 AM

Default A bit out of topic but equally worrying...

Kurt Cobain Suicide-Note Shirts Pulled After Outcry
by Nick DeRiso January 14, 2015 12:44 PM

Clothes decorated with the image of Kurt Cobain‘s suicide note have been pulled after public outcry.
Baseball shirts and tank tops, printed with the a copy of Cobain’s hand-written last words, were briefly available via the Etsy site before online protests broke out. (Here’s a link to the page where the items were previously being sold.) A particularly active thread on Reddit deemed the entire enterprise “sick and obnoxious on every level.”
As the news quickly spread, fury followed from Nirvana fans and then the rest of the general public. A petition was posted at Change.org; a string of infuriated editorials were, too.
The yanked shirts then briefly showed up on eBay, apparently through a Thailand-based seller named Nuchyk, but that sale has since also been terminated.
Cobain died in April 1994, memorably quoting a Neil Young lyric as part of his farewell. He and the rest of his bandmates in Nirvana were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last year. ‘Montage of Heck,’ a documentary on Cobain’s life featuring previously unheard music, is due in May.

Read More: Kurt Cobain Suicide-Note Shirts Pulled After Outcry | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/kurt-...ckback=tsmclip

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 01-17-2015 at 08:55 AM..
Old 01-17-2015, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default ....

The first tweet about Paul McCartney was a joke started by Desus Nice. Basically the media got trolled by actually taking the tweet seriously.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Kurt Cobain Suicide-Note Shirts Pulled After Outcry
by Nick DeRiso January 14, 2015 12:44 PM

Clothes decorated with the image of Kurt Cobain‘s suicide note have been pulled after public outcry.
Baseball shirts and tank tops, printed with the a copy of Cobain’s hand-written last words, were briefly available via the Etsy site before online protests broke out. (Here’s a link to the page where the items were previously being sold.) A particularly active thread on Reddit deemed the entire enterprise “sick and obnoxious on every level.”
As the news quickly spread, fury followed from Nirvana fans and then the rest of the general public. A petition was posted at Change.org; a string of infuriated editorials were, too.
The yanked shirts then briefly showed up on eBay, apparently through a Thailand-based seller named Nuchyk, but that sale has since also been terminated.
Cobain died in April 1994, memorably quoting a Neil Young lyric as part of his farewell. He and the rest of his bandmates in Nirvana were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last year. ‘Montage of Heck,’ a documentary on Cobain’s life featuring previously unheard music, is due in May.

Read More: Kurt Cobain Suicide-Note Shirts Pulled After Outcry | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/kurt-...ckback=tsmclip
I was never a fan of him or his band but this is sick when people got to capitalize on somebodies death.

Old 01-17-2015, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelluversu View Post
The first tweet about Paul McCartney was a joke started by Desus Nice. Basically the media got trolled by actually taking the tweet seriously.
Thats the problem and rumours start .It starts about a size of a mole hill and it turns into a mountain at the end.

Old 01-18-2015, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelluversu View Post
Yes, nicole21290 have already said that and after I controlled on other sources too, but still I think this trolling acts reflect an already existent tendency of younger generations.
Music acts and songs succed themselves without really knowing the author, meaning and message of the music, I don't identify myself with this.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:55 AM

Quote:
I was never a fan of him or his band but this is sick when people got to capitalize on somebodies death.
It's true, but I still don't understand whoever could want to wear this shirts and go in public with them.
Even if you're a big Kurt Cobain fan, or I should say especially if you are one, shouldn't you find it disrespectful towards him?
Old 01-19-2015, 04:10 PM

14 Reasons Every Teenager Should Know Who Paul McCartney Is

Who Else Was Supposed to Watch These Teen Faves Paying Tribute to the Beatles?

Fifty years after the Beatles made their U.S. television debut on The Ed Sullivan Show, the Record Academy assembled a post-Grammy tribute with a cast of performers designed to appeal to both boomers and millennials. For the latter: Ed Sheeran, Katy Perry and Imagine Dragons.

He's Stella McCartney's Dad

Stella McCartney has styled countless Aughts celebs, created lines for H&M and Target and designed a decade of Adidas sportswear. She has appeared on Time's list of the world's 100 most influential people and her work has been honored by magazines like Vogue and Elle. She's also the inspiration for the Wings' band name: During her birth, Stella's famous dad prayed that she would be born with some.

He's Pals With Jimmy Fallon

In 2013, Paul McCartney appeared on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon for a hilarious sketch in which the Beatle and the SNLer switched accents. The clip went viral (currently at 2.8 million views) and featured Macca saying "Honey Boo Boo." Before that, McCartney and Fallon sang the "original version" of "Yesterday" (with some new lyrics) in 2010.

'Spongebob Squarepants' Loves the Beatles

Spongebob Squarepants has been on TV for 15 years, so it's a good chance many American teens have glimpsed some of the Beatles references floating around Bikini Bottom. In 2007, Patrick said "Ringo" into a walkie-talkie, there's a 2008 episode called "Krabby Road" and another where you can spot the Yellow Submarine in the background. Naturally, in 2005, the show released a soundtrack called The Yellow Album.

5 Seconds of Summer Love the Beatles

Earlier this year, 5 Seconds of Summer drummer Ashton Irwin was caught wearing a pair of shirts featuring shots of the Beatles in their early club days. If fans of the Australian pop-punk boy band missed the photos, they were also exposed to McCartney at the Billboard Music Awards, where a video introduced 5SOS by invoking their Liverpool forbearers and Miley Cyrus and the Flaming Lips covered "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds."

Teenagers Haven't Lived a Day on Earth Without the Ability to Use a Search Engine

You only have to type "pau" into Google and his name shows up. Even a teenager at the ripe old age of 19 was born in the days of AltaVista.

The Beatles Are Still Incredibly Popular Among Young People, Like They Have Been for the Last 50 Years

At least if this video is any indication.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/li...#ixzz3PIrxxPKE
Old 01-23-2015, 04:48 AM

Default Why?

Kanye West Quizzes Paul McCartney: ‘What Was P—y Like in the ’60s?’
by Nick DeRiso January 22, 2015 8:43 PM

A recent collaboration with Paul McCartney gave Kanye West an opportunity to pose the one question any fan would ask. No, not which movement, exactly, was on who’s shoulders in ‘Hey Jude.’
Instead, as West explained during a talk he gave as part of an industry event on Wednesday, the duo talked about girls. Specifically, the 37-year-old hip-hop star says he asked: “What was p—y like in the ’60s?” There’s no mention of how (or if) McCartney responded.

Read More: Kanye West Quizzes Paul McCartney: 'What Was P---y Like in the '60s?' | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/kanye...ckback=tsmclip

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 01-23-2015 at 04:48 PM..
Old 01-25-2015, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I found this today on RS site.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...conds-20150124

Paul McCartney, Kanye West, Rihanna Team Up for 'FourFiveSeconds'
A kinder, gentler West gets mellow, ditches drums with pop superstars
By Jason Newman | January 24, 2015

Paul McCartney and Kanye West linked up with Rihanna Paul McCartney and Kanye West linked up with Rihanna for new track "FourFiveSeconds." Roc Nation

Three weeks after Paul McCartney and Kanye West released their surprise collaboration "Only One," the duo have linked up with Rihanna for the soft, acoustic track "FourFiveSeconds." The song is available at RihannaNow.com.

"I think I've had enough," sings Rihanna over the percussion-less, acoustic guitar-driven track. "I might get a little drunk / I say what's on my mind / I might do a little time / 'Cause all of my kindness is taken for weakness." West takes over on vocals, crooning, "Woke up an optimist/ Sun was shining, I'm positive/ Then I heard you was talkin' trash / Hold me back, I'm bout to spaz." West and Rihanna handle all of the song's vocals, duetting on the chorus with McCartney providing keyboards on the song.

Two days after "Only One" was released, rapper Ty Dolla $ign stoked anticipation for the track, stating that the then-unnamed song was "gonna drop soon." It's unclear if "FourFiveSeconds" will appear on an album by any of the artists, though Ty Dolla $ign told Billboard earlier this month that the song would likely appear on West's upcoming album.

West previewed "FourFiveSeconds" at the IHeartRadio Summit music industry event in Los Angeles on Thursday, where the rapper surprised the audience with a 45-minute, stream-of-consciousness speech about his "responsibility to innovate." (The same speech in which he revealed that he asked McCartney, "What was pussy like in the Sixties?") West played "FourFiveSeconds" straight off his computer, promptly slamming his laptop shut and walking offstage before announcing the song's release date.

Fans of West shouldn't be too surprised to hear McCartney on another of his tracks. When "Only One" was released, a spokesperson for the rapper said that the song would be the first "publicly available recording from what has become a prolific musical collaboration between these two legendary artists."

McCartney and West began work on "Only One" earlier last year in Los Angeles, starting with, as the statement notes, "a simple brainstorming session between the two, with McCartney improvising on the keyboards and Kanye vocally sketching and shaping ideas in a stream-of-consciousness riff." It's unclear if "FourFiveSeconds," with its similar mellow vibe, was also a result of these sessions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess this is the only way that the Mac or Stevie will get played on top 40 stations or get on the current charts.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
I found this today on RS site.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...conds-20150124

Paul McCartney, Kanye West, Rihanna Team Up for 'FourFiveSeconds'
A kinder, gentler West gets mellow, ditches drums with pop superstars
By Jason Newman | January 24, 2015

Paul McCartney and Kanye West linked up with Rihanna Paul McCartney and Kanye West linked up with Rihanna for new track "FourFiveSeconds." Roc Nation

Three weeks after Paul McCartney and Kanye West released their surprise collaboration "Only One," the duo have linked up with Rihanna for the soft, acoustic track "FourFiveSeconds." The song is available at RihannaNow.com.

"I think I've had enough," sings Rihanna over the percussion-less, acoustic guitar-driven track. "I might get a little drunk / I say what's on my mind / I might do a little time / 'Cause all of my kindness is taken for weakness." West takes over on vocals, crooning, "Woke up an optimist/ Sun was shining, I'm positive/ Then I heard you was talkin' trash / Hold me back, I'm bout to spaz." West and Rihanna handle all of the song's vocals, duetting on the chorus with McCartney providing keyboards on the song.

Two days after "Only One" was released, rapper Ty Dolla $ign stoked anticipation for the track, stating that the then-unnamed song was "gonna drop soon." It's unclear if "FourFiveSeconds" will appear on an album by any of the artists, though Ty Dolla $ign told Billboard earlier this month that the song would likely appear on West's upcoming album.

West previewed "FourFiveSeconds" at the IHeartRadio Summit music industry event in Los Angeles on Thursday, where the rapper surprised the audience with a 45-minute, stream-of-consciousness speech about his "responsibility to innovate." (The same speech in which he revealed that he asked McCartney, "What was pussy like in the Sixties?") West played "FourFiveSeconds" straight off his computer, promptly slamming his laptop shut and walking offstage before announcing the song's release date.

Fans of West shouldn't be too surprised to hear McCartney on another of his tracks. When "Only One" was released, a spokesperson for the rapper said that the song would be the first "publicly available recording from what has become a prolific musical collaboration between these two legendary artists."

McCartney and West began work on "Only One" earlier last year in Los Angeles, starting with, as the statement notes, "a simple brainstorming session between the two, with McCartney improvising on the keyboards and Kanye vocally sketching and shaping ideas in a stream-of-consciousness riff." It's unclear if "FourFiveSeconds," with its similar mellow vibe, was also a result of these sessions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess this is the only way that the Mac or Stevie will get played on top 40 stations or get on the current charts.
Yeah, I've read that today but I don't know what to think about it. I mean it's certainly positive to mix up different genres and doing new things and Paul McCartney is one that never hung back from it but I don't know if I will love it.

I've read a month ago that the guitarist of the hard rock group Extreme toured with Rhianna and said nice things about her as a performer.
Here it is:

Whatever people’s perceptions are of whatever Rihanna is, it’s definitely a different animal live — completely different,” Bettencourt tells Guitar Interactive, in the above video. “At first, even when I went to work with her, I was, like, ‘Can she really sing?’ A lot of times with the singers you hear now, there’s a lot of that Auto-Tune element and you don’t know who can really sing. But when I went to rehearsal, I could not believe how well she sang, and I could not believe how well she sings live.”
There’s also been a lot more room for guitar than Bettencourt’s initially guessed — and that’s what got him interested in the first place. He’d actually “been asked through the years to do stuff … not just necessarily pop artists but with other rock bands, and I’ve always declined.” Then, not long after finishing the latest Extreme tour, a musical director friend of Bettencourt’s approached him about a Rihanna gig — and, this time, included an enticing promise.
“I was, like, you know what? I’m in my 40s, I’ve been sticking to my guns for so long and not doing anything else,” Bettencourt admitted. “‘Cause at first I said, ‘No. Why would I wanna do it? There’s really no guitar in that stuff.’ And he said, ‘Well, that’s the thing. She wants it to be a lot heavier live.’ And I’m, like, ‘So I get to do what I do.’ And he goes, ‘Completely. Your rig … ‘ [And I said], ‘I get to ruin every one of her songs?’ And he was, like, ‘Yeah.’ So I thought that would be fun.”
And, Bettencourt says, it has been. “The hats that you have to wear, feel-wise — you go from a basic pop song like ‘Umbrella’ to to reggae song to a club track to even, like, a punk song and R&B stuff,” Bettencourt says. “So the amount of different textures and feels, and to have to play along with these incredible musicians who hear everything, it’s definitely not a punch-in-the-clock-type situation for me. Live, it keeps you busy. … It sounds crazy, but it’s really challenging. It really is.”

Read More: Extreme's Nuno Bettencourt Is Impressed With Rihanna | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/nuno-...ckback=tsmclip

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 01-25-2015 at 05:50 PM..
Old 01-31-2015, 07:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I dont know if they are stealing titles but I do agree on writers not knowing about the same title is out there already.

I'm alittle shocked about the young music fans dont know who Paul is.
I guess their parents did not give their children classic rock 101 lessons.

On the reverse side .Fans my age or older probably never heard of One Direction and others current artists.I learned alot from this forum and other internet sources about the current artists and bands.I did not know who Nicki Minaj was until Stevie had some words about her.

My parents and my sisters always had the radio or records playing when I was young.
I enjoyed their music from their generations and still enjoying it today.
Even though I didn't grow up in the fifties, I knew that Buddy Holly was a seminal influence in rock and roll, as was Paul McCartney was in the sixties and seventies.
My influences weren't entirely focused on what was popular. I think radio stations in the 1970s were a strong source for that. They weren't programmed and operated by huge corporations. Disc Jockeys had the freedom to play what they wanted, so I was exposed was a wide diversity and styles of music, including heavy doses of music from the sixties.

I'm aware of the current, younger generation artists if only because you can't escape them in the media. Some of them are just fads of the moment. Others have genuine talent and lasting power. I can acknowledge them, yet they are too young for me to have any connection to them. I'm too far beyond their commercial demographic. You will never see the likes of One Direction, Nicki Minaj or Katie Perry in my collections. I have plenty of seasoned artists that fill the pocket of what they represent.

Some of the artists that really caught my interest in recent years (circa 2ooo onward) are the Scissor Sisters, Amy Winehouse, The Black Keys, and to a lesser extent. Foster the People and Vampire Weekend.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 01-31-2015 at 07:36 AM..