User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
David - my partner in Ledgie crime for seemingly ever....and the first Ledgie I ever met in person.
{{{{Steve}}}}

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
David O. - known him forever. He pulled me to the Ledge, back in 2003, from Usenet newsgroups. If he'd just quit talking about Beethoven!
That stupid Beethoven is a drag! I remember the good ol' days fondly, Homie. More good days are in store!

P.S. The guy who just bought my old amplifier/receiver was talking to me about his 14-year-old kid, who just "discovered" the Beatles! The dad listens to rock from 30 years ago. Then he saw my keyboards & asked me about them. I told him I used to be in a band that played "rock from 30 years ago" too -- Fleetwood Mac. He said, "Oh, I love Christine McVie. Everybody always talks about Stevie Nicks, but I loved Christine McVie."

I just chuckled & thought, "David would LOVE hearing about that."

moviekinks.blogspot.com

Last edited by David; 07-11-2010 at 01:18 PM..
Old 07-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
David - Your knowledge about FM history always excites me. I love it when ledgies can pin down the exact set lists to shows over 20 years ago.
I can barely remember where I left my wallet five minutes ago, Jimmy, but thanks. You are a great, great guy.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
That stupid Beethoven is a drag! I remember the good ol' days fondly, Homie. More good days are in store!

P.S. The guy who just bought my old amplifier/receiver was talking to me about his 14-year-old kid, who just "discovered" the Beatles! The dad listens to rock from 30 years ago. Then he saw my keyboards & asked me about them. I told him I used to be in a band that played "rock from 30 years ago" too -- Fleetwood Mac. He said, "Oh, I love Christine McVie. Everybody always talks about Stevie Nicks, but I loved Christine McVie."

I just chuckled & thought, "David would LOVE hearing about that."
So your tribute band is no more?

Yeah, I'd like to buy that kid his first beer! Excellent taste in music. And I like anyone who roots for the underdog(not that I consider her an underdog, by any stretch....just in the hierarchy of fandom).
Old 07-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
ILoveFM--Sara, for the fangs and the GREAT art. You create beauty. You have an artistic vision and you understand my sense of humor. Did you get that sportscasting job yet.
Viv, thank you so much! You've always supported my art and have always encouraged me to keep going. I've embraced my fangs thanks to you the man never called me back about the job, but as soon as school starts back up, I'll be looking out for any opportunities available.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ILoveFM--Sara, for the fangs and the GREAT art. You create beauty. You have an artistic vision and you understand my sense of humor. Did you get that sportscasting job yet.
Viv, thank you so much! You've always supported my art and have always encouraged me to keep going. I've embraced my fangs thanks to you the man never called me back about the job, but as soon as school starts back up, I'll be looking out for any opportunities available.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveFM View Post
Don't wait for him to call you back. CALL HIM asap!! And good luck.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Sorry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
jesus, you guys are so clique-y.
I have an allergy to cliques.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 07-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
I appreciate everyone, except the people on my ignore list.

I'm starting to wonder about if I'm on everyones ignore list,hum I know sometime I get hard on my opinion on here,but ,I'm Old and I'm sorry ,I dont use the feature because I dont believe in using the feature.BTW,SortaSavageLike thank you for all the awesome photos that you posted in your photo of the day project thread.I uploaded them into my new digital frame with Stevie/FM music playing in the background.I got it next to my bed and it runs all night like a nightlight.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 07-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Registered

Default Thanks to Kind Sir-Viv

Thank You, SirViv, for the mention! It's really a very gracious thing for you to mention a lot of us, plus you spilled a tidbit I never knew- Michelej1 (who I have always liked tons) is now an actual owner of The Ledge, I'm so grateful it was her who bought it when it was decided 'better put the kingdom up for sale!'
Congrats, Sir-V, also, for how many years of sobriety you surely have a right to boast of that you have a thread about. I'm too lazy to go post there. I'm now 21 days off of legally obtained opiates, after 7+years, but I still take 2 other legally prescribed drugs, so I can't drop in on an NA meeting, though I've always wondered about them. But it's a bad idea! ('Pssst- hey you! Who you kiddin', you got some opiates, I can see it in your eyes!') I wouldn't though, I am so arrest-aphobic.
So, you see, not an NA candidate, here. But congrats to you! I'm glad that getting together and discussing your problems helps keep you and others sober. Me, I'd be checking the room for 'who's got what I want?!' (when what I do want is not to want anything!) I'm serious about getting well, but I can only get through this by being cynical, I guess. Because...
-A few days ago I wrote I 'never want to see an opiate again'. I guess 'never' meant 3 or 4 days. Tonight, I went looking through all my jackets and 'watch-pockets' in all my jeans- as my dad calls that tiny pocket above the thigh pocket- nada.Not even a half of a pill.
I actually just licked the inside of an empty bottle of Percs, for the 'dust' of the pills but there wasn't any. Such a loser. It's a process, I guess! (Not being a loser, using less drugs!) But still, 21 days is a start, and it was my favorite drug. The ones I'm on I don't even like, but they do serve a purpose or two and I don't abuse them.
Seeing my name mentioned by you just now kind of made me smile, so thanks.
You seem to be one man here who is supportive and kind to many of us regular visitors. Clique-ish? Perhaps, but I'll take it
(About time one of you b*tches got around to me!) Ah, out of the clique...

Last edited by Nikolaj; 07-12-2010 at 01:52 AM..
Old 07-12-2010, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
APerfectLie- You're really good at interpreting Dave Stewart's tweets and giving some really great opinions on what you think will happen with this new album.

Which reminds me...

apprecation for louielouie2000 for matching my strange cynicism mixed with hidden dreams for the new album perfectly. You're also always really eloquent, and I think you help make concepts clearer for a lot of us.

CADreaming- FOR BEING A SHIPPER!
Thanks!
LikeAWillow- Your posts always make me laugh! Your wit makes my day.

nailatixela- You always provide us with all kinds of crazy cool awesome stuff!

macfanforever- Hey now! You aren't on my ignore list! I love all your posts! And your sig always catches my attention.

christochango- Not only are you one of my Stevie loving friends, you are also one of my nip/tuck loving friends too! And you are awesome!

tilthefirefades- You are my musical clone. And you make my days. If only you lived closer.

louielouie2000- My fellow ginger Austinite! I love how you are usually the voice of reason here. Sometimes you can be a little harsh on our woman, but you are usually right. And we do interpret things similarly.

SapphireSister- Oh Lindsay. What can I say? You make my day! You always post stuff that I don't yet have or ask people to post amazing things. And you are all around amazing!

iamnotafraid- Sometimes you get my hopes up, but I like your sense of humor and I love trying to decipher what's real and what is not.

sortasavagelike- Your pictures and captions are what brought me to this forum. Freaking love you.

I am sure I left some people off, but I am tired right now. Once I think of you tho I will post it!
Old 07-12-2010, 01:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nathan--You crack me up. You enjoy the bitchy side of me. And you constantly set me up to act like a bitch.

Skunkles--I love your avatar, the footstool that holds the feet of Mick and Stevie. Your posts remind me of NicolaJ's posts. You and he write very similar. Sometimes I think you two are one and the same.

TrueFaith77--Your posts are always positive. You love Lindsey, right? One day I will read the blogs posted in your sig.

MissLadyLoki--Don't ever feel left out. You are a very positive individual and that comes through in your posts. Keep your chin up and don't ever give up in looking for employment. Dreams unwind, jobs are hard to find.

Jazzman Flowers--You get more beautiful with age, unlike the rest of us. That version of SOTM you performed at Night of a 1,000 Stevies was unfreakin'belieavable!! The music you created for the song was incredible. Please don't ever change.

MacManForever--No need to feel left out. You are very well adored by people on this site. Most people never say so but look at it this way: has anyone ever been snippy with you? Well that should tell you something.

Macfan 57--Representing Christine McVie! Where the heck have you been lately?

Eric51078--Always a pleasue seeing you at concerts. More than any other Ledgie, I always see you at the shows and you are always sooo happy. And we have one terrific person in common.

SteveMacD--I know I've teased you about your love for Robert Pollard but I am secretly jealous of him as an artist. When you talk about his musical output I always wished it couldda been the way Stevie operates.

Gailh--Probably the biggest Christine supporter of all! You would defend her to your death. You should post more around here.

Meowi--The 15 year old from Down Under. I hope and pray someday you get to see a solo show by Stevie. You totally deserve it.

nailatixela--I love all of your posts. You are a fierce warrior for Fleetwood Mac. Cool.

Peestie--Lindsey Buckingham should kiss the ground you walk on.

Villavic--Why haven't you posted anymore pics for us of your wild adventures?

WelshWitchPMD--Pattie from Rhode Island. You should post much more than you do. Thanks to you I had a cool best friend from 1994 -2000. You love Lindsey and all your concert photos of FM are top notch to see.

christochango--I love your name. Your posts are positive. We need more positive in this crazy world.

APerfectLie--I bet you thought I forgot about you, huh?

sapphiresister--You make so many people happy with your demos and such. When you made that contest to take a Ledgie to the AC show for free I secretly wished Miranda would win, and she did! Is she still going with you? You also look a lot like Sharon Celani.

Dodfather--How could we forget about you? I bet everyone knows what music you listen to!

Last edited by vivfox; 07-12-2010 at 01:53 AM..
Old 07-12-2010, 02:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

vivfox- How could I have forgotten about you??? Ahh. You are awesome and your sig pics always make me laugh my ass off!

mikebise- I can't believe I forgot about you too! You always provide us with amazing amazing Stevie info.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:24 AM
Registered

SirViv wrote:
Skunkles--I love your avatar, the footstool that holds the feet of Mick and Stevie. Your posts remind me of NicolaJ's posts. You and he write very similar. Sometimes I think you two are one and the same.

I am willing to bet Skunkles isn't thrilled. I am mystified. No-one writes like me, baby!
Many may and do write better. But I know too much to know that my process and end result in what I write (or sometimes spew) can be mistaken.
Good and bad, it's all just mine and mine alone. Yikes.

PS- I don't mean to be a d*ck to Vivfox in what I wrote above, I'm certain he was just trying to continue his "good-vibes to Ledgies" efforts. By the way, are you finished yet?

Last edited by Nikolaj; 07-12-2010 at 04:47 AM..
Old 07-12-2010, 08:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Dodfather--How could we forget about you? I bet everyone knows what music you listen to!

Hahaha! I do really like that thread...