The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh yes, Ms.Alexa! You are my girl. You are so fun and you are so witty. I'm comin' to see you in TX one of these days.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Everyone on here isgreat but I did miss a couple from my last post... Stew_Matthews, Zombie, Betsy, Steviefan49 (Arlene)...
Old 07-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok, round two from me, as well.....my apologies to the following for not including them in the initial post...just because they weren't doesn't lessen their standing:

Matt (Lfka: Street Dreamer, or is that your handle on another site?) - for being so generous in sharing music (especially Billy Burnette's) and for being a fellow Time advocate....and for being open to all incarnations.

Steve MacD - Along with David O, one of my longest FMac online friends from way back in the usenet days...a fellow Dave Mason fan, as well. (Although I don't know if I'll ever forgive you for hating "Safe Harbour" as much as you do )

GailH - for her "all things Christine"-ness. And, one of the few around here, there, or anywhere who actually saw Fleetwood Mac in concert WITH Dave Walker! That does illicit some small jealousy responses in my soul.

jbrownsjr - for always seeming to post something calming when I get on one of my out of control rants. And, for accepting and appreciating all incarnations of FMac.

Brian J (estranged4life) - your strength of soul after all you've been through is just amazing & inspiring. May life bring your smile back at some point soon.

Gerald (shackin'up) - for your over the top Lindsey love...yet still being a Peter Green fan, too.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Damn, don't you people know that I really DO have a reputation to uphold around here? Threads like these expose my soft & sappy side.

Thanks to:

Marty & Lis Adelson - for creating this place...and...

michelej for taking on the awesome responsibility when Lis & Marty wanted out.

wetcamelfood - for always looking for that rare Fleetwood Mac related disc/tape/record...no matter HOW thinly related to FMac it is. And, for his selflessness in keeping the Penguin Discography as accurate as possible.

David - my partner in Ledgie crime for seemingly ever....and the first Ledgie I ever met in person. How did we go to so many of the same Fleetwood Mac related concerts and never meet? How did we go all those years living less than 2 miles from each other and never seeing each other?? No wonder some of the newer people around here think we're one in the same person.

Miss Vicky - thanks for "having my back" in the countless Time lineup threads that get out of hand. Plus, it's rare to run into a co-Walter Egan nut.

DavidMn - my birthday share-er & "keeper of the flame". When I finally retired from the blindless Fleetwood Mac concert going, you took up the practice and increased it 10-fold. Your "road stories" were and always will be looked forward to with great anticipation.

holidayroad - for always getting me to admit that, yeah, despite it all Lindsey is a pretty unique (uh..{wince} "good") guitarist.

LukeA - gotta love a cynic...despite our disagreements over the years, and still seeing things from nearly opposite sides, it just wouldn't be the same without ya.

Hayley - you rarely post anymore, but for the times "back in the day".

michelle2677 for restoring in me the faith that not ALL Stevie Nicks fans are "Chiffonheads".

LikeAWillow ok, this is new, but the Joe Joe's thing is a really good start. And, thanks for appreciating my "curmudgeon-ness".

HomerMcVie - I don't know...I just wanted to type "HomerMcVie". We'll talk later.

chriskisn - for always keeping Dave Walker in the hearts & minds of our fellow Ledgies

louielouie2000 - more than just sometimes you are the recipient of my "head slap backhands", but if I didn't think you'd take 'em, I wouldn't pick on you so much. You've grown leaps & bounds, grasshopper. (especially when Victoria & I team up on you....Right, Vicky?)

And, to the rest of you...we ALL make this place what it is...so thank YOU!!

And, to my whole long list of Ledgie co-horts from yesteryear who've either decided to move on by their own discretion or who were forceably banned from the joint. I miss you.

Oh....AND...a big thanks to the on-line Fleetwood Mac community as a whole...since there is a big crossover from one site & one message board to another...so, to the owners past & present of those "other sites"....thank you, too.

And, finally, to my beautiful wife, Susan, who I met here on The Ledge way back in '97 (and who unfortunately eventually ended up one of the "banned"), I love you!

DISCLAIMER: If I don't mention somebody by name, and you think I should have, be patient, I most likely will before this thread dies out.
Thank you for mentioning me. I'm honored.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hum,I felt left out,but I still love all of you.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 07-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Hum,I felt left out,but I still love all of you.
I <3 you. I find you to be one of the funniest people on here, mostly when you're not trying to be. xo
Old 07-05-2010, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You guys feel like family to me!
Old 07-05-2010, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey, you cliques!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Hey, you cliques!!!
I've always enjoyed your very level headed, matter of fact, no-nonsense posts by the way!
Old 07-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I've always enjoyed your very level headed, matter of fact, no-nonsense posts by the way!
Well, thank you, lol. I'm usually baked, but thanks.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Well, thank you, lol. I'm usually baked, but thanks.

new favorite ledge quote.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

David -- The Ledge wouldn't be the Ledge without him.

Louie -- He said it perfectly. I love my older, gay male carbon copy.

Jannie -- The perfect moderator and a genuine, loving person on top of it. I love what she has to say both on the boards and also in our private conversations.

Annie -- I think I'm going to be her when I "grow up," or at least I hope so. I love finding new similarities and common interests every time we talk. Her posts are always worth reading.

Luke -- I know, this is shocking. He keeps things interesting and adds a completely new spin on every conversation. If a discussion/debate hasn't yet broke out, Luke will say whatever needs to be said to start it... and I love that.

Vivfox -- My first friend on the Ledge! I love his optimism and obvious passion for all things FM, specifically Stevie. He keeps us updated.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I thought about this long and hard,
and the person I came up with is the coolest
cat on the board. From Nicks' news, to stories
that will change your life. Not to mention, the
most loyal friend anyone could ever have.

Drum roll please......................

IAMNOTAFRAID
Old 07-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Louie - Thank you for always presenting the other side of the argument. Whenever you post I feel like you mention something I hadn't considered.

David - Your knowledge about FM history always excites me. I love it when ledgies can pin down the exact set lists to shows over 20 years ago.

Michele - I would love to go to a Lindsey concert with you!

ChiliD- I respect you for loving ALL of Fleetwood Mac.

SortaSavage - Seriously, the captions brighten my day!

Nathan - I'm glad you are here!!!

Matt (Street Dreamer) - Someone who can talk about the 87-91' Stevie era in a positive way!

BTFLCHD - Always keeping up to date with new Lindsey videos on youtube!!

Seriously though, you guys ALL make this a great place. Thanks for giving me a reason to some here everyday!
Old 07-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

jesus, you guys are so clique-y.