Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Ledgie Appreciation

There was a thread like this years back, but after a few searches, I've given up trying to find and bump it. Basically the idea is to give some kudos to posters whose contributions you usually enjoy, and maybe make someone's day in the process

That said, here we go!

Holidayroad- I love that you post a Lindsey Buckingham photo every day. I don't say much in that thread, but it's makes me really happy to know that there's always something new to see.

Butter Cookie- Aside from just personally adoring you, I love that you add some balance to the forum. There aren't enough major Chris fans who post often.

HejiraNYC- We've bickered, but I like that you always pop up in the political threads and add a perspective that I actually think is worth paying attention to

Zombie- I almost didn't include you because I'm trying not to be clique-y with this, but you're just so damn brilliant I can't resist. Your posts always make me think. ~You make me better~
You're so like me

Last edited by LikeAWillow; 07-02-2010 at 03:47 PM..
Old 07-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
There was a thread like this years back, but after a few searches, I've given up trying to find and bump it. Basically the idea is to give some kudos to posters whose contributions you usually enjoy, and maybe make someone's day in the process

That said, here we go!

Holidayroad- I love that you post a Lindsey Buckingham photo every day. I don't say much in that thread, but it's makes me really happy to know that there's always something new to see.

Butter Cookie- Aside from just personally adoring you, I love that you add some balance to the forum. There aren't enough major Chris fans who post often.

HeirjaNYC- We've bickered, but I like that you always pop up in the political threads and add a perspective that I actually think is worth paying attention to

Zombie- I almost didn't include you because I'm trying not to be clique-y with this, but you're just so damn brilliant I can't resist. Your posts always make me think. ~You make me better~
Thank you, LikeAWillow!! I'm glad you like the photos!!
Old 07-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
Thank you, LikeAWillow!! I'm glad you like the photos!!
They're great! I just think it's so cool that you do that

Another one...

JannicC- You're the only mod I can actually name, which deserves kudos all on its own, but also you just kind of rock. You let people get away with just enough to keep it interesting but not enough that things get out of control. And your family is ridiculously cute.
You're so like me
Old 07-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Kudos to SortaSavageLike for posting hilarious Stevie pic captions...and for starting the amazing Stevie Of Death thread.

And for anyone else who has ever said anything witty. I don't like playing favorites - I honestly really like most people on here.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I appretiate those of you that I'm friends with on Facebook (ButterCookie, LikeAWillow, etc.) and a few others of you I can't quite name off the top of my head (I think I swallowed too much water swimming today lol).

So, does anyone appreciate me and my wackiness?

You can add me on Facebook
Old 07-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
Kudos to SortaSavageLike for posting hilarious Stevie pic captions...and for starting the amazing Stevie Of Death thread.

And for anyone else who has ever said anything witty. I don't like playing favorites - I honestly really like most people on here.
I'm not playing favorites at all; I'm just trying to make people smile and spread some love on a Friday before a holiday (for most of us.) I'm also going to reply to everyone who posts in here with something that I want to thank them for.

In your case, it's for being the first to shoot down the new troll. That was great.
You're so like me
Old 07-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
I appretiate those of you that I'm friends with on Facebook (ButterCookie, LikeAWillow, etc.) and a few others of you I can't quite name off the top of my head (I think I swallowed too much water swimming today lol).

So, does anyone appreciate me and my wackiness?
Psh, always. You know that your song titles in the bizarro world thread made my life I'm also a big fan of your Long Island stories haha Actually I'm also a big fan of your town's iced tea, but we'll keep that for another thread.
You're so like me
Old 07-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I appreciate a lot of The Ledgies! Almost everyone adds something to the boards that would be really missed if they were gone. I'm sure I'll leave someone out when I say this!

chiliD- I'm sure a lot of people think he's just here to disagree with us () but he really has a lot of great knowledge about Fleetwood Mac and other music, as well. He's nicer than he wants everyone to know about!

chriskisn- I'm never going to love Dave Walker like he does, but he is great to discuss Pre-Rumours FM with!

jaycee-Intelligent and so very nice. I've had a lot of discussions with him about a wide variety of subjects. He's a very appreciative person and a great asset to The Ledge.

LikeAWillow-Thanks for not thinking my ideas about privacy/safety on The Ledge were off the wall. Your posts are always insightful!

tilthefirefades-It's always interesting to read your posts. You always have a lot of great ideas!

Of course, tons of appreciation to the moderators (jannieC, Johnny Stew,#1LiddyBuckFan, Mario, Livia) and to michelej1 for putting up with all of us!!
Old 07-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

APerfectLie- You're really good at interpreting Dave Stewart's tweets and giving some really great opinions on what you think will happen with this new album.

Which reminds me...

apprecation for louielouie2000 for matching my strange cynicism mixed with hidden dreams for the new album perfectly. You're also always really eloquent, and I think you help make concepts clearer for a lot of us.

CADreaming- FOR BEING A SHIPPER!
You're so like me
Old 07-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Psh, always. You know that your song titles in the bizarro world thread made my life I'm also a big fan of your Long Island stories haha Actually I'm also a big fan of your town's iced tea, but we'll keep that for another thread.
I'll be honest, I never had the iced tea at all, butI'm glad you like my silly stories of where I live. As I think about it, it is kinda funny when you think about it, where else do you know where everything is built on top of each other and there is literally only one way out of there?

Oh yeah, and I like you holidayroad. Aside from having the name of the theme song from one of my favorite comedies (National Lampoon's vacation), your Lindsey pic thread has something for me to look foward to (and make silly comments on, speaking of which, hope you don't mind my Back to the Future reference from today) every day.

You can add me on Facebook
Old 07-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Louie-For basically just being the love of my life.

Viv-For being my first friend on here, and always being super nice to me. And for the nuggets threads.

Vicky-For being extra bitchy to me when I needed it, and being a great friend. Who is also a very talented writer, and nightbird gypsy xoxoxoxo

Aperfectlie-For supplying all the info that no one else can, and spamming twitter and facebook with Stevie lyrics that make my day

And really, I like everyone too, to an extent. Mostly, I just love this forum, and I hope everyone has a great 4th of July
Old 07-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
As I think about it, it is kinda funny when you think about it, where else do you know where everything is built on top of each other and there is literally only one way out of there?
See to me, that's less funny than it is just absolutely terrifying
You're so like me
Old 07-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What about the dark skinned lady?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13937_169760246598_500161598_3320822_5078497_n.jpg (69.4 KB, 16 views)
Old 07-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I appreciate a lot of The Ledgies! Almost everyone adds something to the boards that would be really missed if they were gone. I'm sure I'll leave someone out when I say this!

chiliD- I'm sure a lot of people think he's just here to disagree with us () but he really has a lot of great knowledge about Fleetwood Mac and other music, as well. He's nicer than he wants everyone to know about!

chriskisn- I'm never going to love Dave Walker like he does, but he is great to discuss Pre-Rumours FM with!

jaycee-Intelligent and so very nice. I've had a lot of discussions with him about a wide variety of subjects. He's a very appreciative person and a great asset to The Ledge.

LikeAWillow-Thanks for not thinking my ideas about privacy/safety on The Ledge were off the wall. Your posts are always insightful!

tilthefirefades-It's always interesting to read your posts. You always have a lot of great ideas!

Of course, tons of appreciation to the moderators (jannieC, Johnny Stew,#1LiddyBuckFan, Mario, Livia) and to michelej1 for putting up with all of us!!
And you always have the best photos for us, and arguably the best user name
Old 07-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not playing favorites at all; I'm just trying to make people smile and spread some love on a Friday before a holiday (for most of us.) I'm also going to reply to everyone who posts in here with something that I want to thank them for.

In your case, it's for being the first to shoot down the new troll. That was great.
Oh yeah, I'm not anti appreciation threads or any of that. I just don't like naming names cause I always forget somebody. But anyway, LikeAWillow, I LOVE your shipper videos...they make me feel all fuzzy inside. Can't wait for the next ones.