User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
And it's better than texting or telephoning because we construct artfully formulated sentences & paragraphs with which to create sense (& sometimes nonsense).
Most of the time, anyway.

Quote:
I don't understand how or why people grow away from that. It's what a good life consists of!
We all missed you during your hiatus a year or two ago, David.

And that Christine-lovin' HomerMcVie, where did he go?!
Old 11-24-2009, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
I figured that was the case for a lot of them. I lose interest in Fleetwood Mac too sometimes, but I still visit here. Old habits die hard, I guess.
Well, I'm the same. I just keep coming back out of habit!
Old 11-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We all missed you during your hiatus a year or two ago, David.
Thanks! but that was just a brief psychiatric problem.

Quote:
He's over at The Chain, but I wish he'd visit The Ledge again! He ROCKS! He's been my friend ever since the old amfm, along with good ol' Nepotista & Smacdougie.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
But there's always been drama surrounding The Ledge, it just comes and goes I guess.
There has indeed. It's part of the very fabric of life here (drama, that is). In a way, we adhere to sonata-allegro form in the sense that our dialog unfolds in time as discourse -- one that posits two (or more) often opposing speakers who variegate their expressions by commenting on the opposing speaker's views in terms that approximate literary ideas: exposition, rising action (development), climax, & coda (denoument).

Our best discussions here on the Ledge take sonata-allegro form to a Beethovenian extreme: The dialog begins in darkness, in torment, in self-doubt, & through sheer perseverance in developing all motivic expressions, at long last is bathed in the joyous light of reason & justice.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Ledgie

I don't post much but Ive viewed The Ledge for quite a few years. I do remember months on end, laughing so hard at some of the topics and replies. There are a lot of people I miss because they were just so damn funny. Others I'm glad they decided to leave or not post again. I too miss Dissention, Lux, Amber and quite a few others but there were also the members that eventually caused trouble. Anyone remember the guy that was stalking Stevie? He wanted to have her baby or something. There was also a member named "insane" that seemed like a nice person to begin with but turned out to be…. insane.

I miss the snail mail fanzines too. The velvet underground, Dreams, Rumours and even some that were around before these. I forget their names though.
I am a rogue Penguin who has a penchant for free thought and expression. You have cast your lot with the revisionists AKA the Maoists, the Nazis, the PolPots ye verily the unthinking forces of darkness which i will rail against with the flapping flippers of a small flightless bird until i get bored and swim away!
Old 11-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks! but that was just a brief psychiatric problem.
Too much Beethoven will do that.

Quote:
He's over at The Chain, but I wish he'd visit The Ledge again! He ROCKS! He's been my friend ever since the old amfm, along with good ol' Nepotista & Smacdougie.
Tell him he's missed! The Christine board isn't the same without him.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:26 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm stevie nick View Post
I don't post much but Ive viewed The Ledge for quite a few years.
Wow... I don't even recognize your user name and you've been on the Ledge for 6 yrs!

But, welcome back!
Old 11-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
Since a board search turned up nothing under that name, I'm going to go with no.
I remember Tyshiria!
Old 11-24-2009, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I certainly understand growing away from Fleetwood Mac. We all do that. Nobody dies of old age still being a rabid Fleetwood Mac fan!
Since I've liked Lindsey for about 3/4 of my life, (since I was 9, I'm now 35) I can see myself dying of old age still being a rabid Fleetwood Mac fan!!
Old 11-24-2009, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I lurk here, sometimes. I chose to leave, because I didn't approve of the protection, that was given to Ethan. He was given carte blanche, to run amuck, while anyone who tried to call him on his poor posting habits, was reprimanded. It was one sided, unfair modding, and I chose not to be part of it, any longer. I vowed that I'd never return, as long as JS was the super mod. I figured SOMEDAY he'd step down, but it looks like it's a lifetime position!
Old 11-24-2009, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
David, we have been friends for a long time! At least 10 years....probably 12 or 13!

Steve MacDougal!!! He goes back as far as you and I do!
Old 11-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Tell him he's missed! The Christine board isn't the same without him.
THANK YOU so much, for that. I truly appreciate it. I miss so many people from this board! Especially the Christine board! I visited Seven Dunders for a long time, just so I could TRY to keep contact with the Chris folks, but no one posts in the Chris forum, over there.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:37 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I visited Seven Dunders for a long time, just so I could TRY to keep contact with the Chris folks, but no one posts in the Chris forum, over there.
Yeah they pretty much talk about nag champa, Barbaras hair and twirling. One of the members came over here and said I bought the website and got them banned, so iiiiiit’s a pretty strange group over there.

It's good to see you again though. You added the music to Stevi'e "And the children go on" poem. Am I right?

Oh, that was a member from Israel, but had a name similar to yours. The song and poem are beautiful regardless.
I am a rogue Penguin who has a penchant for free thought and expression. You have cast your lot with the revisionists AKA the Maoists, the Nazis, the PolPots ye verily the unthinking forces of darkness which i will rail against with the flapping flippers of a small flightless bird until i get bored and swim away!

Last edited by mmm stevie nick; 11-24-2009 at 07:43 PM..
Old 11-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I lurk here, sometimes. I chose to leave, because I didn't approve of the protection, that was given to Ethan. He was given carte blanche, to run amuck, while anyone who tried to call him on his poor posting habits, was reprimanded. It was one sided, unfair modding, and I chose not to be part of it, any longer. I vowed that I'd never return, as long as JS was the super mod. I figured SOMEDAY he'd step down, but it looks like it's a lifetime position!

Well, welcome back!
Old 11-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm stevie nick View Post
Yeah they pretty much talk about nag champa, Barbaras hair and twirling. One of the members came over here and said I bought the website and got them banned, so iiiiiit’s a pretty strange group over there.

It's good to see you again though. You added the music to Stevi'e "And the children go on" poem. Am I right?

Oh, that was a member from Israel, but had a name similar to yours. The song and poem are beautiful regardless.
Sorry, that wasn't me. I am a musician, but not the right one, in this case.