dude. indiana. 'nuff said.

no you don't.

WTF???
don't drag us into this.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Hilarious. Weird how it made Rolling Stone, Uncut Magazine's and other respected music magazine's top 50 albums of 2006. You think others get off on bashing Stevie, well you seem to enjoy putting Lindsey down too. Love the up to date music reference btw.
On the contrary, I give to La Nicks as well. In fact, I call it as I see it. I think her use of her voice is mostly pathetic at best. I also think she comes across as lazy at times. Having said that, she is still wildly popular and says she is artistically content, so she must be doing something right in her book if those are her goals

As for UTS - it may have been brilliant to some of the critics, but it was not well received and I, and many I know, did not care for the sound of it. If you liked it, great for you. I did not like it, though it had its moments of greatness. I just do not like that new voice he uses. Then again, I think he rather lost his larger voice years ago - parts of The Dance were just painful for me to watch; if others like it, so be it. Lest you think I am biased, La Nicks' voice pains me as well. My beef with her ius she still has her voice, but shows it rarely, R&R and CD are good examples of showing it. The current Dreams and Rhiannon are not - I am horrified by them at times.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 12-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998 View Post
WTF???
don't drag us into this.
you love it
Old 12-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I am usure if people felt they could not debate people. I certainly did not. I think what you had was people like Tower deliberately baiting the mods. by deliberately cursing at and provoking people. I love Tower, think he is great, and miss him. I also think banning him was ridiculous given his contribution to this board over the years and my personal friendship with him. But, he openly violated the rules, ridiculous though they were So, I have to conclude that legitimate debate, as opposed to mocking/baiting/rudeness, was not stifled.
I just re-read this & realized something else - I'm talking about now, and you're referring to the past - if people were put off by Tower's baiting, or Mary's one-sided rants, or Amber's novels or my endless threads about food, etc. WHY DIDN'T THEY START POSTING WHEN THESE PEOPLE STOPPED? I mean, Amber & me are still here occasionally, but for the most part, it's a wide open field for people to post. So go ahead. What's stopping them?

People have bitched that they felt left out or ignored, or that that "Paula's cronies" or "Carrie & friends" or the gays or the chiffonheads (or whatever "clique" they cited) kept them from feeling comfortable participating.

So what the f*ck is the problem now? For the most part, these "cliques" are gone, or have been laying low, for months now. People got what they wanted. So. I'm waiting. POST SOMETHING!
Old 12-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
dude.

i am never the one wearing the collar. or perhaps you've forgotten?

Old 12-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Secretly people want a lot of things. I secretly want to screw George Clooney's brains out, but I realize that is not a realistic goal. So I'll settle for the guy next door and be very happy with that.
You just said LB setteled by releasing UTS because he, the artist, could not get what he wanted - massive popularity

Old 12-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you love it
yeah I do... at least I don't live in... Ohio....
Old 12-06-2007, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxmx View Post
. . . "my name is mariel, and i am a recovering fanatic."
But, you have great rack

Thanks for the birthday candles BTW

Old 12-06-2007, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
So what the f*ck is the problem now? For the most part, these "cliques" are gone, or have been laying low, for months now. People got what they wanted. So. I'm waiting. POST SOMETHING!
This thread is the most action the ledge has seen in a while... I hope it lasts. You and I've bitched about this for a while. You know, I'm not a cronie, a gay, a friend, or a chiffonhead, but I've always fit in here somewhere... some people are just overly sensitive.

Go ahead Carrie... waiting on your smart ass reply...
Old 12-06-2007, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Or Kentucky.

Or West Virginia. I miss my little french fry.
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You just said LB setteled by releasing UTS because he, the artist, could not get what he wanted - massive popularity
Hm, no, not really. What I was trying to say is that it wasn't his intent in the first place. However much he would secretly want mass adolation (and really, I don't think that's the case), he didn't set out for it. He did exactly what he wanted with what's available to him and is very happy about that. By his own admission, I should add.
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
word on that mother****ing bird. until somebody texted me last night to tell me i had been brought up in this thread, i hadn't even posted since 11/12. surely all the poor people who felt downtrodden and ignored by our "clique" had enough time to recover and start posting about more interesting topics?

Quote:

jesus, how much weight have you lost?

Quote:
dude. we shouldn't be fighting. we have a common enemy, after all
Old 12-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just re-read this & realized something else - I'm talking about now, and you're referring to the past - if people were put off by Tower's baiting, or Mary's one-sided rants, or Amber's novels or my endless threads about food, etc. WHY DIDN'T THEY START POSTING WHEN THESE PEOPLE STOPPED? I mean, Amber & me are still here occasionally, but for the most part, it's a wide open field for people to post. So go ahead. What's stopping them?

People have bitched that they felt left out or ignored, or that that "Paula's cronies" or "Carrie & friends" or the gays or the chiffonheads (or whatever "clique" they cited) kept them from feeling comfortable participating.

I agree. Sadly, the majority of the people are not interested or have been banned.

Interestingly, we are all sort of talked out. I mean do we really need to see another politcal thread when we all know here we stand

Old 12-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Or Kentucky.
Quote:
dude. we shouldn't be fighting. we have a common enemy, after all
I think we all do. Where the **** is she anyway?
Old 12-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
I honestly don't know where to start, and it's probably not worth it to dredge it up at this point. What's done is done (at least I hope it's done). Suffice it to say, carrie & friends have gone a long way toward chasing quite a few people off the Ledge.
HA! I would think Carrie would've expected that comment from me. *wink*

If you want the truth, I've never felt ill towards anyone here. Its kinda like brothers and sisters that dont get along.

Sure, Liam gets on my nerves a lot, but then we can have civil posting between one another too. A few other people have gotten hot under the collar because of things I've said (or vice versa), and we've had our bouts. But I dont lose sleep over it. The intent (at least on my end) is never to offend, but just to get another point of view into the mix. We're ALL right in our own view you know?

Resorting to name calling has become the norm here and that's what I've grown tired of. It's like "oh I dont agree with you, you're a pretentious twit!" I would certainly never say anything like that to anyone's face, let alone in this place.

But, I can still come here, and have interesting conversation. I dont feel we have to dislike one another just because we think differently about important issues. We can spat, and have our little tiffs, and then we're right back to square one (like brothers and sisters that hate each other--haha)...we love Fleetwood Mac...which is what brought us all here in the first place.