User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Carrie & Friends?!?! WTF? I thought it was Paula & Cronies?!?! Have I been dethroned?
Does that mean I have to change hats now?
Old 12-06-2007, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Carrie & Friends?!?! WTF? I thought it was Paula & Cronies?!?! Have I been dethroned?
move over, bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Does that mean I have to change hats now?
if you're still wearing a crony hat you are not welcome in the carrie & friends group
Old 12-06-2007, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When one of the remaining band members actually DOES something, this place'll liven up. Since 1995, this place has been like that...during long band droughts, this place drys up like an African savannah watering hole...then when the band decides to do something, it's like a monsoon of activity. We're on a big ebb right now.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. . . I have to agree AND disagree. . . . .
GET OFF THE FENCE HOOKAH!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 12-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
if you're still wearing a crony hat you are not welcome in the carrie & friends group
i don't want to be in your stupid group. you killed the ledge.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
When one of the remaining band members actually DOES something, this place'll liven up. Since 1995, this place has been like that...during long band droughts, this place drys up like an African savannah watering hole...then when the band decides to do something, it's like a monsoon of activity. We're on a big ebb right now.
Even a great new Lindsey album and subsequent tour or a lame Stevie greatest hits album and an even lamer tour couldn't get it to move. So I sure hope a lame Fleetwood Mac tour next year will.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Even a great new Lindsey album and subsequent tour or a lame Stevie greatest hits album and an even lamer tour couldn't get it to move. So I sure hope a lame Fleetwood Mac tour next year will.
i take it all back. i love you
Old 12-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Considering in the last 25 of the 40 year history of the band, they've spent more time NOT being Fleetwood Mac than they have been being Fleetwood Mac. So, in reality, the band doesn't care about being a band, then why should we keep investing so much time in them?

In thinking about it, I'VE seemingly invested more time in Fleetwood Mac than THEY have. That revelation kind of pisses me off.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Considering in the last 25 of the 40 year history of the band, they've spent more time NOT being Fleetwood Mac than they have been being Fleetwood Mac. So, in reality, the band doesn't care about being a band, then why should we keep investing so much time in them?

In thinking about it, I'VE seemingly invested more time in Fleetwood Mac than THEY have. That revelation kind of pisses me off.
Welcome to the dark side.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Welcome to the dark side.
Considering how long we've both been around these Fleetwood Mac websites/message boards/newsgroups, we're kind of the "Mick & John" of virtual Fleetwood Mac boards.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, IMO, a lot of it has to do with the one strike rule. And the inconsistent moderating. And the subsequent bannings. It was a lot more interesting around here when people felt free to debate, disagree, and sometimes be nasty to each other.

Face it, people have different opinions, likes and dislikes. People have had varying experiences and lived unique lives. For everyone to agree on things is unnatural and boring.

I don't see what's wrong with people arguing or fighting with each other. So what? It's a message board. If you don't like it, or get offended, turn off the computer, come back later, whatever.

The topics in chit chat are listed in bold. If the topic doesn't appeal to you, don't open the thread. Pretty simple. Not everything is for everyone. Thank God. It'd be a pretty bleak existence if everyone was a bunch of clones.

There are people on here who annoy the **** out of me. There are people I find self-righteous. So? Why can't I tell them how I feel? I'm sure there are many people who don't like me, find me annoying, etc. They should be able to tell me. But everyone is afraid to say much of anything. In the real world we can tell people off all we want, or even punch them in the face. On a message board, the worst that could happen is that someone gets their feelings hurt. Grow up. Suck it up. Go cry and eat a gallon of ice cream to make yourself feel better. Or fight back.

It's more engaging when people can debate and disagree without having to worry about getting bant.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
A "great" new Lindsey album -- that is subjective. I thought UTS was medicore at best. The tour was, however, great for what it was. But, if you were looking for a rocking LB (amd many were) - you were left wanting due to the acoustic nature of the set.

I thought La Nicks' GH record was cool in that she gave the voiceovers on her videos, included the symphony stuff, etc. Yes, a new rocord would have been great though. As for the tour, she got great reviews from the press and fans. So, what was lame about that, other than no new stuff was done

Get off the Debbie Downer train

Old 12-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
A "great" new Lindsey album -- that is subjective. I thought UTS was medicore at best.
You're funny
Old 12-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess I should have seen this coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
A "great" new Lindsey album -- that is subjective. I thought UTS was medicore at best.
You and maybe a handful of other people. The album was good. Period.

Quote:
I thought La Nicks' GH record was cool in that she gave the voiceovers on her videos, included the symphony stuff, etc.
Whatever. Three greatest hits collections when you only have six solo records is LAME. Even Stevie thought it lame. That was all the record company.

Quote:
As for the tour, she got great reviews from the press and fans. So, what was lame about that, other than no new stuff was done
You just answered your own question there. I've got about ten video bootlegs from the last tour. Total snoozefest. If you've seen one, you've seen them all. And those great reviews? Meh. I'd say they were mixed at best.

Quote:
Get off the Debbie Downer train
Hey, that was an expensive ticket. I don't plan to step off any time soon! Unless Fleetwood Mac makes an enticing offer.

Last edited by danax6; 12-06-2007 at 01:32 PM..
Old 12-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchristo View Post
. . . It's more engaging when people can debate and disagree without having to worry about getting bant.
I am usure if people felt they could not debate people. I certainly did not. I think what you had was people like Tower deliberately baiting the mods. by deliberately cursing at and provoking people. I love Tower, think he is great, and miss him. I also think banning him was ridiculous given his contribution to this board over the years and my personal friendship with him. But, he openly violated the rules, ridiculous though they were So, I have to conclude that legitimate debate, as opposed to mocking/baiting/rudeness, was not stifled.