The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OK, I might as well be up front: the reason I have the opinion/position I do is because my son was molested by his father. The Court system wouldnt believe what I saw with my OWN eyes. It didnt believe the statements of the day care providers. It wasnt until my son was in State Funded Daycare, and was witnessed as having exhibited traits of sexual abuse (by a man who has been CONVICTED mind you) that anyone started listening to me.) I have been in this nightmare for 6 years. I have been charged with contempt of court for not paying half of his court orderded visitation fees....I KNOW what happens in Family Court, both as a legal professional and as a participant. I can tell you firsthand that no one, not the Judges, not the Lawyers, not the mediation professionals, accepted this abuse. Which meant it kept happening....until I made a crucial phone call. to an outside agency.....Folks: you can complain all you want but the sad fact is, our children suffer until a public outcry happens.
Trust me when I say, Ireland is much better off now that stuff is out in the OPEN. Im sorry all you folks with delicate sensibilities....ugly things happen to innocents. Thats just the truth.

Last edited by irishgrl; 04-24-2007 at 10:05 PM..
Old 04-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl View Post
OK, I might as well be up front: the reason I have the opinion/position I do is because my son was molested by his father. The Court system wouldnt believe what I saw with my OWN eyes. It didnt believe the statements of the day care providers. It wasnt until my son was in State Funded Daycare, and was witnessed as having exhibited traits of sexual abuse (by a man who has been CONVICTED mind you) that anyone started listening to me.) I have been in this nightmare for 6 years. I have been charged with contempt of court for not paying half of his court orderded visitation fees....I KNOW what happens in Family Court, both as a legal professional and as a participant.

Trust me when I say, Ireland is much better off now that stuff is out in the OPEN. Im sorry all you folks with delicate sensibilities....ugly things happen to innocents. Thats just the truth.
I'm sorry to hear that, and I'm appaled that you weren't believed.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998 View Post
I'm sorry to hear that, and I'm appaled that you weren't believed.
my story is all too common believe me. I could give you links but I wont do it here...

Last edited by irishgrl; 04-24-2007 at 09:25 PM..
Old 04-24-2007, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. . .. ps: if AB is an asshole then we should all say YES, HE'S AN ASSHOLE. NOW, HOW CAN WE PROTECT IRELAND??? . . . .
um - haven't I said that - and sadly it includes his mother
Old 04-24-2007, 09:16 PM
BTFLCHLD
This message has been deleted by BTFLCHLD.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I deal with child/sexual abuse every day and I still maintain that that tape should not have been leaked to the public. People (celebrities included, and I mean the child, not Mr. Baldwin) have the right to privacy.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
my story is all too common believe me. I could give you links but I wont do it here...
You went through the most unbelieveable hell I can imagine! No man should ever treat anyone, much less someone as good as you or your kids, like that!

Also, I just tried to call you - beeyotch
Old 04-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

P.S. to Irishgrl- I didn't mean to overlook your post about your son. I am so sorry that he went through this and I will keep him (and you) in my thoughts as you continue on with his healing.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks Jannie, Jason. no one has any idea what agonies a protective parent goes thru believe me. and even tho the circumstances may have been a bit dicey, I still say if the exposure of Alec's abusive nature prevents any more abuse, then it was well worth seeing the light of day. from one abused kid to another...(yes, I was abused too.)

Last edited by irishgrl; 04-24-2007 at 10:00 PM..
Old 04-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
You went through the most unbelieveable hell I can imagine! No man should ever treat anyone, much less someone as good as you or your kids, like that!

Also, I just tried to call you - beeyotch
ah Jason, you society WHORE!!!! you know I luv ya stay safe my friend....
Old 04-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
It takes courage to open yourself in the way that you have to us, irshgrl, and I saw "bravo" to you.

I say who cares how or why the voice message was leaked. Thank the heavens it was as maybe that will put someone, who obviously gives a rats about their celebrity rep, on notice that the behaviour is not acceptable. I have my doubts this is the first act of aggression by Baldwin.

Taking the celebrity-ness out of the equation, it is amazing what people think they can get away with with a veil of secrecy - intimidation in one of it's highest forms.
Gawd Luv ya Nikki....(did I spell that right??)
Old 04-24-2007, 10:16 PM
BTFLCHLD
This message has been deleted by BTFLCHLD.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OK, I might as well be up front: the reason I have the opinion/position I do is because my son was molested by his father. The Court system wouldnt believe what I saw with my OWN eyes. It didnt believe the statements of the day care providers. It wasnt until my son was in State Funded Daycare, and was witnessed as having exhibited traits of sexual abuse (by a man who has been CONVICTED mind you) that anyone started listening to me.) I have been in this nightmare for 6 years. I have been charged with contempt of court for not paying half of his court orderded visitation fees....I KNOW what happens in Family Court, both as a legal professional and as a participant. I can tell you firsthand that no one, not the Judges, not the Lawyers, not the mediation professionals, accepted this abuse. Which meant it kept happening....until I made a crucial phone call. to an outside agency.....Folks: you can complain all you want but the sad fact is, our children suffer until a public outcry happens.
I'm sorry that this happened to your son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
I deal with child/sexual abuse every day and I still maintain that that tape should not have been leaked to the public. People (celebrities included, and I mean the child, not Mr. Baldwin) have the right to privacy.
I agree Jannie. Irish - if details of your son's abuse (whether it be written or video or whatever) were made public & broadcast repeatedly on every network, would you be OK with that? I don't think that would benefit your son in any way, if anything it may make him embarrassed or angry or depressed. It's one thing to want to get issues out in the open to protect kids, but it's quite another to give specific intimate details to the media to be put on display to the general public.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
I'm sorry that this happened to your son.

I agree Jannie. Irish - if details of your son's abuse (whether it be written or video or whatever) were made public & broadcast repeatedly on every network, would you be OK with that? I don't think that would benefit your son in any way, if anything it may make him embarrassed or angry or depressed. It's one thing to want to get issues out in the open to protect kids, but it's quite another to give specific intimate details to the media to be put on display to the general public.
1) I didnt post any details, just broad brushstrokes. However, when I went to Sacramento to help sponsor legislation that would eliminate loopholes that protect child molesters, you betcha I explained my reasons. People need to know this stuff happens and do what they can to stop it. Molesters and abusers need to be held accountable and without information being put out there, the same old thing will keep happening, because people's first instinct is to turn away.

2) personally I dont see the comparison between verbal abuse and sexual abuse as being apt. Apples and Oranges. But, in any event, I have the feeling that Ireland will become something of a little hero...."poor girl, look how her dad treats her" kinda thing. Is she suffering because of this?? Highly DOUBT it.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
ITA. My training has been so focused on confidentiality, and because I'm counseling children and adolescents on a psychiatric ward, I feel extra sensitive to it.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
ITA. My training has been so focused on confidentiality, and because I'm counseling children and adolescents on a psychiatric ward, I feel extra sensitive to it.
unfortunately, celebrities dont have much privacy by virtue of their chosen field which puts them IN the public eye.

Personally, I think there must have been an overriding reason why Kim's attorney did this, AND, for all we know, Ireland agreed to it. I trust Kim as a mother to do what's best for her child. Im sure all the pro's and con's were weighed by all relevant parties before this was leaked. After all, she is the one (Kim) who will pay the price if she made the wrong decision....

btw, not to belittle your "training," but as a molested child, and the mother of a molested child, I find it very VERY difficult to agree with any sentiment that would result in the abuse continuing. You can cloak an awful lot of crapola in the name of "confidentiality".

Last edited by irishgrl; 04-25-2007 at 05:43 PM..
Old 04-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

If stopping any abuse to Ireland is your goal, then did the tape have to be made public? Surely, KB could have given this to the judge and the judge would have made the same ruling he did, which was to prohibit contact until May. So, I conclude the releasing of the tape to the public was a bitchy move on KB's part and she did it despite any potential damage to her daughter.