The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-31-2006, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
I started this over on 7W and it's turned out to be highly popular so I thought I'd bring it to my Ledge bitches (and that includes flamboyant gentlemen).

ok, discuss.
I'm not into sloppy seconds threads.

Sunscreen, sometimes plain 50 spf, sometimes Nutrogena tinted moisturizer with SPF 30. Then, I usually don't have time for makeup. But, I put it on at work or before class.
I like to use this yellowtoned undereye concealer stuff I have, for dark circles or whatever.
Then (usually) some normal face makeup, lightly, mainly under my eyes, on my nose and cheeks under my eyes.
Powder, especially on my eyelids. My current powder is ever so slightly shimmerful. Some brand that is expensive...Physicians Formula Retro Glow - my last powder was from them and I loved it, it had a slight gold shimmer - but then it broke. this one has an even slighter silver shimmer. Well, expensive for me, I think it was like, $12.
Then some kind of eyelid color, sometimes. It's usually barely mauvey, or barely goldish, or slight green eyeliner.
Then, the most important thing, mascara, mascara, mascara.
Lip gloss.
I often don't wear makeup if I don't have class later.
I always wear sunscreen, though.
And if I had to choose just one makeup, it would be mascara. My eyelashes are pretty serious, and I look way better with mascara on, it makes the most dramatic difference.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 08-31-2006 at 04:52 PM..
Old 08-31-2006, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
But let's talk about our receptionist for a moment: Lily Munster. Every day. I'm not kidding. HEAVY eye makeup, liquid eyeliner drawn all the way back to her temples - drawn on eyebrows (I think she plucked out all of her real ones), in a non-flattering orange-y colored pencil. I think she uses one of those stencil kits, 'cause the style changes a lot. But they are always too pointy, like an upside down "V." She's hideous. But she obviously thinks she looks good.
maybe you should give her some pointers, Liv, or get her on one of those makeover shows. There are several people I would LOVE to get on one of those shows.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^

that woman sounds horrid. My mom is a makeup nightmare - my sister and I were calling her Mimi for a while

Luckily she didn't teach me a damn thing about makeup - one of my friends in college schooled me in makeup
Old 08-31-2006, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
see, I like just a little shine. I can't stand to be completely matte. I think a little glow makes you look younger, imo.
Yeah, younger, like when my skin was even more oily than it is now.
My skin is always oily. Pretty much. The sunscreen I wear adds to that. I've just accepted it. My mom has aged well, so I'm hoping that will be my reward for having oily skin, too.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 08-31-2006, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I use Mabelline Foundation the one that us 50% water. Some powder to make sure it doesnt come off by the end of the day. Cover Girl blush. black eye shadow and a angle brush for my eye liner. White eye shadow on my lower lid. and a brown color on my crease of my eye. Then I put on some Mascara and curl them with a heated eye lash curler.

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 08-31-2006, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I use Lancome Absolue as a moisturizer. Then I use Mac Studio Fix N4 as foundation. I use a Mac powder blush called Margin or sometimes I use a cream blush by Bobbi Brown called Desert Rose. I use a Lorac powder eye shadow called Spice. I curl my eyelashes with a curler by Tweezerman. I love their stuff. I use Lancome Definicils mascara in black. I have tons of lipstick but as of late I've been using Lorac Lotsa Lip in a color called Kissin.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi View Post
I use Mabelline Foundation the one that us 50% water. Some powder to make sure it doesnt come off by the end of the day. Cover Girl blush. black eye shadow and a angle brush for my eye liner. White eye shadow on my lower lid. and a brown color on my crease of my eye. Then I put on some Mascara and curl them with a heated eye lash curler.
Aren't you like 16!?! My mom NEVER let me wear makeup while living at home....and I didn't really care about it - I was lucky if I could keep hold of a stick of chapstick for more than an hour

Of course - none of my friends wore makeup either - we were all band geeks
Old 08-31-2006, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I use Lancome Absolue as a moisturizer. Then I use Mac Studio Fix N4 as foundation. I use a Mac powder blush called Margin or sometimes I use a cream blush by Bobbi Brown called Desert Rose. I use a Lorac powder eye shadow called Spice. I curl my eyelashes with a curler by Tweezerman. I love their stuff. I use Lancome Definicils mascara in black. I have tons of lipstick but as of late I've been using Lorac Lotsa Lip in a color called Kissin.
Have you tried Lancome foundation/moisturizer/sunscreen? My friend uses it, and I love it, I always hog it when I visit her. I haven't really tried any Mac products. I like Lancome mascara, too. Don't buy it, of course. Also, when I met you you looked really natural, like you were hardly wearing any makeup. You must be an expert.

Also another question - I find that my eyelashes don't stay curled if I use a curler, but if I curl them just with the mascara, they do - has anyone else every noticed this? Or maybe it is because my eyelashes are long, but very fine?

Old 08-31-2006, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

HAHA Yes I am 16. My mom used to do my make up when I was younger and I just loved it so I got hooked....lol.....WHAT CHAPSTICK!....lol....Thats funny My freinds were make up....my freinds and I arent in the 'popular' group we have our own group.....but my freind Ally and I r the founders of our group....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
Aren't you like 16!?! My mom NEVER let me wear makeup while living at home....and I didn't really care about it - I was lucky if I could keep hold of a stick of chapstick for more than an hour

Of course - none of my friends wore makeup either - we were all band geeks

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 08-31-2006, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I put in my teeth and go out.

Old 08-31-2006, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I put in my teeth and go out.
You have teeth? I'm jealous!
Old 08-31-2006, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
You have teeth? I'm jealous!

Old 08-31-2006, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been laughing constantly for 8 minutes now ChiliD!

Old 08-31-2006, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdreamsunwindx View Post
I feel like such a ho, but whatever.
I'm stealing all this. so, thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
I'm not into sloppy seconds threads.
of course you are dear. beggars can't be choosers.

since I'll probably be the only guy to respond:

Mac Studio Fix in CB4
Mac Vanilla over lid and brow bone
Mac Kid in crease
Mac Omega for brow
Rimmel 021 bronzer for all over and deeper on cheeks
Physician's Formula powder to set all this
Mac Subculture lip liner
Mac Ladygentle tinted lip conditioner

if going out:
add one coat of whatever mascara is around (sometimes since I have long lashes to begin with)
line the lower inside lid with Rimmel Azur 121

for performing:
I'll have to think about all that I use and edit
Old 08-31-2006, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
since I'll probably be the only guy to respond:
yeah, right...