User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
The personal attacks against Obama have not worked thus far ..McCain and his horrible VP choice are slipping a bit more each day and Bush is now the most unpopular President in the history of polling as well he should be.Just think it was only a few short years ago that the Republicans thought the Democrats would be the minority party.Bush's hnbris and stupidity (a preposterous combination)have brought them to their knees..I have been waiting a long time for this.
The most deadly thing for McCain's candidacy, a picture of him beside Bush. Democratic voter registration has shot through the roof, Obama is getting almost unanimous support from an age group that has never been in play for any candidate in recent history, and McCain's campaign grows more desperate and less appealing by the minute. How could things go better for Obama?
Old 10-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well well well it looks like Palin was found to have abused her power in Alaska and violated a state ethics law to get her ex brother in law canned..now maybe she should stop attacking Obama over silly things before people start focusing on this scanadalous b*tch's activities more..It feels soooo good to know that she'll be going back to Alaska soon.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm not sure how we're supposed to discuss the fall of the American Empire all in one thread. Just sayin'. Isn't there a hide thread funciton on this board for the whiners?
Old 10-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I'm not sure how we're supposed to discuss the fall of the American Empire all in one thread. Just sayin'. Isn't there a hide thread funciton on this board for the whiners?
bah ..never mind all that ! we have to have plenty of room for all the threads with those cute little doggies in them !

Last edited by BombaySapphire3; 10-10-2008 at 11:26 PM..
Old 10-11-2008, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So I was reading some cnn news headlines and Palin says that Obama is putting ambition above country? This coming from the person who was put in national politics by a campaign stunt? If this was from almost anybody else, I might not have said anything. This is beyond the pot calling the kettle black.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Well well well it looks like Palin was found to have abused her power in Alaska and violated a state ethics law to get her ex brother in law canned..now maybe she should stop attacking Obama over silly things before people start focusing on this scanadalous b*tch's activities more..It feels soooo good to know that she'll be going back to Alaska soon.
I know - and this from the woman who says she is above the usual political fraud, etc. Here sole platform is that of a reformer. Yet, she:

1. Takes an outrageous $$$ per diem to live at home instead of the Gov. Mansion one hour away.

2. Makes the state pay for her kids to come with her on official trips.

3. Asks about banning books herchurch does not like and then fires the public official who tells her there will be o book banning.

4. is found guilty of abusing her office to fire a union employee who had the nerve to divorce a member of her family.

Sounds like the same old political cr*p to me. Lipstick on a pig indeed

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 10-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also, I thought about this while traveling today. What if instead of giving banks and insurance companies money to shore up their crisis, which was, by all accounts, caused by bad loans -- the govt. spent the trillion or so dollars instead by giving each American $150,000 which they had to use to buy down their debt (make money accessible only to financial institutions via some computer program) -- if you have no debt, you get the whole $250,000. Wouldn't that solve the bad loan crisis in 99.9% of the cases AND restore the value of the loans as assets on the balance sheet This would cost way less than the trillion dollars currently available for WallStreet. Note, the govt., could also make the banks reset the rates back to the original lower rates on the variable rate loans.

To me, this plan is FAR better than giving the fu*king banks a trillion or so dollars, which will just wind up in the CEO's pockets.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 10-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Comments that the One Post solution is making political conversation unmanageable are well taken. We are unsticking the "All Political Posts" post, but will not be creating a separate forum for Politics.

Create your new and separate political topics, as you like.

Please title all political threads as such so that they can be easily avoided by those who are not interested.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Ledgie

Default SNL part 2 debate

SNL does it again part 2 of the debate:

Hall & Oates sings song on debate :

Old 10-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Ledgie

Default C-Span Bailout SNL

Sorry forgot to add this clip in my other post .