Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-06-2013, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Evil Dead remake

I just got back from seeing this movie. I was a little bit disappointed. It's well made, but not scary and I thought the beginning, which was never explained, was the best part of the movie. I don't know if I am just jaded and have seen it all or if it truly just wasn't scary. The ending was disappointing to me. The movie was different from the original, but it still fealt like "paint by numbers" to me. It's barely getting good reviews on rotten tomatoes.com, 64%. Also, I didn't think the possessed people looked that strange. They could of done a way better job in make-up to me. It's not a terrible movie, just barely interesting.

Has anyone else on here seen this, yet. What did you think of it?
Old 04-07-2013, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I just got back from seeing this movie. I was a little bit disappointed. It's well made, but not scary and I thought the beginning, which was never explained, was the best part of the movie. I don't know if I am just jaded and have seen it all or if it truly just wasn't scary. The ending was disappointing to me. The movie was different from the original, but it still fealt like "paint by numbers" to me. It's barely getting good reviews on rotten tomatoes.com, 64%. Also, I didn't think the possessed people looked that strange. They could of done a way better job in make-up to me. It's not a terrible movie, just barely interesting.

I saw it Friday. I agree that it really wasn't that scary, mostly just gory. I didn't understand the beginning either....glad it wasn't just me.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I saw it on Friday. Well, I saw some of it, but I had my eyes closed for most of it. I love horror movies, but I don't love a lot of gore. This was just disgusting for the sake of being disgusting. I didn't think it was scary either. To be honest, I haven't seen a good scary horror movie in a long time. Now they are just about the shock value with a lot of over the top blood and guts, or watered down PG 13 movies that are filled with teen actors from the CW network just to sell tickets.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
I saw it on Friday. Well, I saw some of it, but I had my eyes closed for most of it. I love horror movies, but I don't love a lot of gore. This was just disgusting for the sake of being disgusting. I didn't think it was scary either. To be honest, I haven't seen a good scary horror movie in a long time. Now they are just about the shock value with a lot of over the top blood and guts, or watered down PG 13 movies that are filled with teen actors from the CW network just to sell tickets.
Yeah I agree. Nothing has scared me for a long time. I'm really suprised they are remaking Carrie. It will never be as good as the original and I can already tell Julianne Moore doesn't do as good a job as the original mother.

I did see MAMA. While I didn't think it was scary, those little kids were very creepy and I thought it worked for what it was.

Old 04-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah I agree. Nothing has scared me for a long time. I'm really suprised they are remaking Carrie. It will never be as good as the original and I can already tell Julianne Moore doesn't do as good a job as the original mother.

I did see MAMA. While I didn't think it was scary, those little kids were very creepy and I thought it worked for what it was.

I saw the trailer for Carrie before Evil Dead. I kept saying to myself "She looks too pretty". She doesn't seem like she would be a social outcast at all. I'm not a big fan of remakes in general. I saw Mama also. I liked it, but didn't really like the ending.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
I saw the trailer for Carrie before Evil Dead. I kept saying to myself "She looks too pretty". She doesn't seem like she would be a social outcast at all. I'm not a big fan of remakes in general. I saw Mama also. I liked it, but didn't really like the ending.
That is what I thought. She is wayyyy too pretty to play Carrie.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw Evil Dead about 3 weeks before it came out (MSU did an early premiere). I just thought the movie was good because I found it funny. I loved the gore and that one kid who seriously got targeted.

Movies don't scare me really. If I can laugh at it or cringe at certain points, then the movie is enjoyable for me.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

We all went to see this movie the day it opened and we had a great time. We also happen to be big Sam Raimi fans and Bruce Campbell fans also. The Evil Dead trilogy was also a big favorite in our house. I mean we didn't go into this movie expecting to be scared out of our socks. We went because of the blood, guts and gore. We knew it would be good in that respect. And yeah some of it didn't make sense even to us. But it was a good time and that is what we paid for. Personally we are all waiting for the directors cut when it comes out to see all the stuff they cut out of it to get it down to an R rating.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

1970's Carrie was awesome.I'm not into remakes myself.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016