Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Considering going to Oct 30&31 show in London. Advice needed

Ok so Ive been able to pull up a RT from Chicago to London for like $600 leaving Oct 29 and returning Nov 1. If something similar is still available within the next 3 weeks or so I think Im going to do it. My passport doesnt Expire until the end of November. I dont really care where I sit cheap seats are fine. Here are a few questions I have. First, is Wembley Arena near a tube stop? Also, I've never ordered tickets from a site outside the U.S. Is it complicated? My friend told me she found a hotel near Victoria station for about 100 dollars US which seems reasonable to me. I think it would be like the thrill of a lifetime to see them over there! IM also wondering if its adviseable to get a package deal I.E hotel & air together as opposed to doing them individually.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey David. Can't really help you, but was wondering if you could give me advice where I could get a job like yours that not only pays me enough where I could go all over the country, and now world, to see concerts, and also gives me the time off to do it! LOL! Must be nice! Fleetwood Mac in England on Halloween sounds like fun.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
Ok so Ive been able to pull up a RT from Chicago to London for like $600 leaving Oct 29 and returning Nov 1. If something similar is still available within the next 3 weeks or so I think Im going to do it. My passport doesnt Expire until the end of November. I dont really care where I sit cheap seats are fine. Here are a few questions I have. First, is Wembley Arena near a tube stop? Also, I've never ordered tickets from a site outside the U.S. Is it complicated? My friend told me she found a hotel near Victoria station for about 100 dollars US which seems reasonable to me. I think it would be like the thrill of a lifetime to see them over there! IM also wondering if its adviseable to get a package deal I.E hotel & air together as opposed to doing them individually.
the nearest underground to Wembley is Wembley Park which is within easy walking distance. There are several hotels very close to Wembley some of which are quite cheap

http://www.wembleyarenahotels.com/

the underground is pretty safe even quite late at night but you may prefer to stay nearer the venue to save a journey later on.

It does take around 15 mins to get to the centre of London from Wembley but that means the hotels are slightly cheaper.

I take it you'd be flying to Heathrow which again is a fair distance from the centre but it is on the underground

Here's a link to London Transport's web site

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

I'm not sure if there are any tickets left for the Wembley gigs but you might be lucky.

Hope this helps

Gail
Old 07-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I flew over twice last year to see French and Saunders (who do a pretty funny FM parody, btw) so I have learned a lot about how things work. The above post is right about the tube station...and its really easy to get around there. Its busy all the time, which is a good thing for the most part because I would rather there be lots of people around than no one, if you know what I mean. It seems safer that way. I would suggest asking when you buy your tube pass if you could buy a three day pass instead of an individual one each day. I don't know if they sell just three day passes but I know they sell week long passes and it does save you a bit of money (not to mention the fact that you wouldn't have to stand in line every day to get a new one)...so it might be worth asking about. As far as the tickets...I have ordered from seetickets.com and it was a much better experience than ordering from ticketmaster. Not to mention that, at least when I ordered from them, there weren't all kinds of ridiculous extra charges that you get from ticketmaster. As far as air travel and hotels, I would get the package deal. Do your research on the hotel though. They aren't all as nice as they appear to be. London is AMAZING...you're going to love it. I can't wait to get back
Old 07-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At the moment, unless you buy from a broker, October 30 and 31 are sold out but that said, tickets may well become available nearer the time.
As for the rest, I'd say Wembley is about 30-40 minutes from central London myself and then it's about a 10 minute walk from the tube station but it's well sign-posted.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Good luck David but be perpared for the jetlag. I flew to Vegas to see Stevie in 2001.. a quick trip like yours and I ended up getting quite ill on my return. I also regret not taking a few more days to be able to do some sight seeing. If you're able to stretch to a couple of extra days I would recommend it. It's a long way to come just to see the shows and there is a lot to see and do in London
Old 07-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
Hey David. Can't really help you, but was wondering if you could give me advice where I could get a job like yours that not only pays me enough where I could go all over the country, and now world, to see concerts, and also gives me the time off to do it! LOL! Must be nice! Fleetwood Mac in England on Halloween sounds like fun.
me too!
Old 07-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would give a KIDNEY to see FM in London... so jealous!
Old 07-06-2009, 06:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
At the moment, unless you buy from a broker, October 30 and 31 are sold out but that said, tickets may well become available nearer the time.
As for the rest, I'd say Wembley is about 30-40 minutes from central London myself and then it's about a 10 minute walk from the tube station but it's well sign-posted.
Yes thats a bit of a concern, the sold out part. I'm going to have to play it all by ear. This should be interesting. BUt weirder things have happened. I have been to London 2 times before, in 2000, and 2002, so I have had a chance to do quite a bit of sightseeing. I do remember Notting Hill being my favorite part of London, especially a lovely fish and chips place called Geale's.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:51 AM
Senior Ledgie

Hi there, well that would fab for you - I have been to the US to see Stevie and its such a bril experience. I have 1 spare ticket if you are interested - I think it is for the Sat night at Wembley block A about row 20, can't remember exactly. If I can help you with any advise please email me. Also there is a good chance that ticketmaster may release some good seats a few weeks before the concert. Wembley is North London on the tube, there is at least one hotel near Wembley - it is outside of central London and probably cheaper. But Central London is very exciting - depends what you are looking for.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

SeeTickets at this moment are selling tickets for the 31st, Block S7. I have bought from them before with no problems.

Last edited by gfd1963; 07-06-2009 at 07:58 AM..
Old 07-10-2009, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Passport issues....

Quote:

My passport doesnt Expire until the end of November.
Dave,

you may run into problems with your Passport, most counties do not allow entry when Passports are with in 6 months of expiring.....

you could renew early,

G.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeof27 View Post
Dave,

you may run into problems with your Passport, most counties do not allow entry when Passports are with in 6 months of expiring.....

you could renew early,

G.
I know this is a fact when travelling from the UK to the USA. Not sure about the other way round though. Dave.. you should def check
Old 07-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Senior Ledgie

David, I think that you should definitely go to see FM in London if you can. It would be worth it just to see Lindsey's reaction to seeing you (assuming you get close to the stage) at a concert in Europe. I'm sure that he would be surprised - happily so.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Senior Ledgie

do it. You'll regret it if you don't. I would be there in a heartbeat if I could afford it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic