Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Stevie's 14 Million dollar pad up for grabs

http://realestalker.blogspot.com/200...-hears_14.html

...that flowy fabric luvvin' singing sensation Stevie Nicks has quietly put her palatial Pacific Palisades mansion on the market for around $14,000,000.

Miz Nicks purchased the 7,178 square foot Southern Colonial style house in June of 2005. Property records do not reveal the purchase price, however, Riley Realtor, one of Your Mama's obscenely well connected sources, tell us that Miz Nicks paid $9,000,000 for the gated and secured 1.2 acre property and then proceeded to remodel the library making it a double height space.

The party line, according to the Arizona Republic, is that Miz Nicks is selling because she wants to downsize and is moving to a "rock and roll penthouse" in Santa Monica where the still touring singer/songwriter can work without worrying "if the pool is taken care of and [if] the grass is right." And you know what, we believe she wants t0 simplify. But Riley Realtor says that's not the whole story.

The rumor is that shortly after husky voiced Miz Nicks moved in to the property that has sweeping canyon and ocean views, she began to think the 5 bedroom and 6.5 bathroom residence (with guest house) is haunted. Yes, puppies haunted. And apparently Miz Nicks is not down with living with the ghosts of Christmas past because Riley Realtor tells Your Mama that Miz Nicks has already packed her brocade bags and fled the scene and the only folks living up in there with the chain rattling apparitions is Miz Nicks' household staff.

Although Your Mama can't confirm, it's entirely plausible that Miz Nicks may have decamped to a swanky condominium building on Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica that practically hangs over the Pacific Coast Highway where property records indicate she has owned a 3,029 square foot unit overlooking the Pacific Ocean since March of 2004.

Gossip and rumor, kids.

Anyhoo, what is not gossip is that the big Pacific Palisades house is not the only piece of luxury real estate that the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer has been looking to unload. Back in early August we learned from Mister Big Time (via the Arizona Republic) that the former Fleetwood Mac-er put her long time Paradise Valley, Arizona property on the market for $3,800,000. Records do not yet reflect a sale of this property, but Your mama was unable to find it on the Paradise Valley MLS so we simply don't know the status of this property. Simmer down children, we do not want to hear your outcries of celebrity real estate information deprivation. Your Mama is not a miracle worker and we simply can't get all the poop all the time.

Wherever Miz Nicks may be Your Mama wishes her a happy home surrounded by mountains of velvet and beaded cushions and miles and miles of draped fabric trailing the floors and blowing in the breeze.

Paradise Valley home was sold:
http://realestalker.blogspot.com/200...vie-nicks.html

Following up on our earlier discussion about Miz Stevie Nicks, Your Mama just received word from a gentleman we'll call The Cactus Pusher who informed us that the tambourine shaking singer's Paradise Valley house has been sold for $3,000,000

The Cactus Pusher was kind enough to send along paper work that clearly shows the property was originally priced at $3,800,000, later reduced to $3,300,000 and that the sale closed on December 12, just two days ago. Lawhd children, the money has probably not even hit Miz Nicks' bank account yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nicks_PICS.jpg (53.9 KB, 166 views)
Old 12-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
The rumor is that shortly after husky voiced Miz Nicks moved in to the property that has sweeping canyon and ocean views, she began to think the 5 bedroom and 6.5 bathroom residence (with guest house) is haunted. Yes, puppies haunted. And apparently Miz Nicks is not down with living with the ghosts of Christmas past because Riley Realtor tells Your Mama that Miz Nicks has already packed her brocade bags and fled the scene and the only folks living up in there with the chain rattling apparitions is Miz Nicks' household staff.

This story is getting better and better.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WHOOO-hoo! 5 million dollars profit, baby! Rock on, Gold Dust California Realtor!
Throw it on the pile, "Mizz" Nicks!
You'd think this woman has some marbles. . . .
Old 12-14-2007, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That looks like the house in the Stand Back Scarlett video. The whole ghost story confirms the fact for me that I think shes just plain....lonely.

Anyway, I did not picture Mama Nicks house to look like that at all. It looks very dark.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
That looks like the house in the Stand Back Scarlett video. The whole ghost story confirms the fact for me that I think shes just plain....lonely.

Anyway, I did not picture Mama Nicks house to look like that at all. It looks very dark.

Just confirms for me that she's just plain brilliant at marketing both her image and her real estate.

The house itself is white - - - so maybe that spruces it up a bit. Naturally much expensive real estate in California is about presenting a visual image - maybe whoever designed things "balanced" the visual image of the house against flowers in the gardens, the trees etc. in order to create a certain "atmosphere" or "mood." Also, I bet you that the ads said something like "lovely shaded yard" rather than dark. Really though, it IS seriously hot in California sometimes in the summer, and maybe "dark" means "cool" there, sometimes.
To be honest the main thing that struck me about it is how SMALL it seems compared to what I might have imagined. But then, that neighborhood is obviously VERY expensive, especially being so close to the ocean, so anything bigger is probably gonna start costing some serious, major buckage.

I like the "Southern" flair of it - seems to me to reflect part of her personality. You can almost picture a Debutante's Ball, with Stevie as the host.

Last edited by Ghost_Tracker; 12-14-2007 at 08:05 PM..
Old 12-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
. The whole ghost story confirms the fact for me that I think shes just plain....lonely.

P.S. - If she IS lonely, she should call me.
'cause I'm not pretty cute and I don't rock.
And I have pumpkin pie.

I have a sneaky feeling she's not lonely though.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:01 PM
Registered

Super job of Sleuthing, right here on The Ledge. I'm impressed-
Only thing; if by any chance the 'haunting' angle (not angel) is fabricated, only the author would know-- it could cost Nicksy millions...It's generally hard enough to sell a zillion dollar property (in this case, $9 million inflated to $14 mil) but a rumour of it being haunted could bring the price way, way down...
How do i know?
Well, another diva i once was quite fond of, (no longer so), actually went onto a tv talk show years ago- The Oscar-winner whose name is a four letter word suffered the indignation of the National Enquirer printing an article that her kingdom that SHE put up for sale was haunted. For close to two years, her multi-million dollar palace just would NOT sell and she said the realtor was asked by every potential client and just some nosey types if the house was "really haunted."
The exasperated star, whose primary concern has always been largesse directed at herself, finally did what a girl had to do and took to a national talk show to roll her eyes and say "NO, the house is NOT haunted" when the (dutiful) prompted tv host inquired if it was true she was trying to sell her dream house and that it was haunted. After she did her tv bit, the house sold, finally.
So, thank you for your very fun to read piece, and thank you again in advance, because i think we could very well see Nicksy herself on a national tv show assuring people she's not trying to unload a haunted manse.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 12-14-2007 at 09:18 PM..
Old 12-14-2007, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It looks like the old Selznick Studios building in Culver City. It's that old Mount Vernon style of colonialism. which you can see in Beverly Hills, too. I don't picture Stevie in this. She's more castle, or as she once said "pyramid on a cliff." There is that one home on the cliff just off 17-Mile Drive outside Carmel that is so magnificent -- one of my favorite buildings in California (posted on the Ledge a few yrs ago) -- that looks like the proper abode for Stevie.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I don't picture Stevie in this. She's more castle, or as she once said "pyramid on a cliff."

I know a lot of it may really just be her "stage persona," but I really do feel that she has a "southern belle" side to her personality, and this house reflects that. Think HBO Special - Gold n' Braid - - - - Angel and her pretending to be an "old-fashioned dance hall girl" - she said, "I love it. I love it!" - - - Think "Stand Back Video: Civil War version" as someone else mentioned.

On the other hand, I strongly suspect that this is actually the house that her Dad bought for her shortly before he died. Maybe she was actually speaking metaphorically when she said that there's ghosts there.

Last edited by Ghost_Tracker; 12-14-2007 at 09:50 PM..
Old 12-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
WHOOO-hoo! 5 million dollars profit, baby! Rock on, Gold Dust California Realtor!
Throw it on the pile, "Mizz" Nicks!
Profit? The house hasn't sold yet.

Quote:
You'd think this woman has some marbles. . . .
Yeah. Everyone who has sold a mansion in Pacific Palisades over the past ten or twenty years & made a handsome profit is a business genius.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
I know a lot of it may really just be her "stage persona," but I really do feel that she has a "southern belle" side to her personality
Not me, man. Stevie has always struck me as California through & through. Arcadia High through & through (well, not anymore, since the student body is quite a bit more varied than it was in 1960 - 1980).

I don't know why these ghosts bothered her. The ghosts at the recording studio in 1981 scared the peppermint oil out of her, but she wanted to spend more time with them afterward. Of course, in the interim she probably saw "The Sixth Sense."
Old 12-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Would Stevie even mind a house being haunted? Seems to me she might be cool with that.

I remember when she mentioned that Robin used to rock the baby's cradle after she died.

Since she thinks of herself as being sensitive to things like that, I would imagine she senses a bit of the paranormal wherever she hangs her hat.

Michele
Old 12-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
So, thank you for your very fun to read piece, and thank you again in advance, because i think we could very well see Nicksy herself on a national tv show assuring people she's not trying to unload a haunted manse.

Ghosts: GET OUUUUTT!!!

Stevie: F. you, man. Hate to break it to ya but I bought the joint, and we're having one hell of a loud and bitchin' party later too. You don't like it you can just sleep in the garage. And STOP eating the ICE cream that's MINE!

Last edited by Ghost_Tracker; 12-15-2007 at 01:18 AM..
Old 12-15-2007, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Would Stevie even mind a house being haunted? Seems to me she might be cool with that.

I remember when she mentioned that Robin used to rock the baby's cradle after she died.

Since she thinks of herself as being sensitive to things like that, I would imagine she senses a bit of the paranormal wherever she hangs her hat.

Michele
Ehm, I really think this story is a load of BS.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I don't know why these ghosts bothered her. The ghosts at the recording studio in 1981 scared the peppermint oil out of her, but she wanted to spend more time with them afterward. Of course, in the interim she probably saw "The Sixth Sense."
And the ghost at the 1982 chateau.

Maybe this time it's just Lori and Sharon running around in sheets with eye-holes cut out of them, hoping a jolt to the heart might get Stevie's songwriting juices flowing again. These days more than a few Ledgies would resort to it, and probably Mick Fleetwood, too.

- Jake