Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-22-2017, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Timespace LP Question

I have been thinking of buying Timespace on LP to complete my Stevie vinyl collection (wish they would release SA. TISL and IYD on LP) but my question is about the sound quality....shoving 7 songs on one side of a vinyl LP reduces the sound quality.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahafan02 View Post
I have been thinking of buying Timespace on LP to complete my Stevie vinyl collection (wish they would release SA. TISL and IYD on LP) but my question is about the sound quality....shoving 7 songs on one side of a vinyl LP reduces the sound quality.
Toward the end of the vinyl era I don't think they cared. CD sales overtook Vinyl in 1988 three years prior. Cassettes even sold more in1991 than vinyl. They always COULD they just didn't. Timespace was built to sell on CD and cassette not so much vinyl. The problem with Timespace wasn't the number of songs moreso that the were remixed versions that may not sound as good as the originals on vinyl anyhow. The only value in Timespace these days is for the originals on it. Then again Desert Angel is not really worth a second listen anyhow. Sometimes it's a bitch is ok though.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
Toward the end of the vinyl era I don't think they cared. CD sales overtook Vinyl in 1988 three years prior. Cassettes even sold more in1991 than vinyl. They always COULD they just didn't. Timespace was built to sell on CD and cassette not so much vinyl. The problem with Timespace wasn't the number of songs moreso that the were remixed versions that may not sound as good as the originals on vinyl anyhow. The only value in Timespace these days is for the originals on it. Then again Desert Angel is not really worth a second listen anyhow. Sometimes it's a bitch is ok though.
I love the new mixes that were done especially Stand Back and Edge of Seventeen. CLA did a very good job making them sound better. Desert Angel is forgettable. SIAB is decent enough. I'm an avid collector but always avoided buying this on LP because of the length of songs on each side (the more length used on a vinyl side the decrease in quality). Thanks for your info. It's funny how you can walk into a music store (and those are hard to find these days) and see new vinyl releases these days. It's like stepping back in time.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think "Desert Angel" was gorgeous, and loved how the soldiers sent her an American flag signed. "Sometimes(It's a bitch)," is too Bon Jovi cheesey to me, with the chimey keyboards and "Love's a hard game to play," is just a throw-away Brett Micheals song.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
I think "Desert Angel" was gorgeous, and loved how the soldiers sent her an American flag signed. "Sometimes(It's a bitch)," is too Bon Jovi cheesey to me, with the chimey keyboards and "Love's a hard game to play," is just a throw-away Brett Micheals song.
Desert Angel is one of my favorites. I like Sometimes It's a Bitch and think Love's A Hard Game to Play is okay. I actually forget about it because I never play it.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I enjoy Love’s A Hard Game very much. “The heart’s the price you’ll pay.” I think SN enjoyed singing it.

SIAB is good but the line about roses and weeds detracts, in my opinion. I do appreciate the impassioned vocal though.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
Everything you wrote
Old 09-26-2017, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I cant believe what I am reading. Actually some love for Desert Angel? Just wow. I thought I was the only person that liked that song. It gets flamed all the time. I love it. Its a first time Stevie wrote about world events in real time. Love the military march heavy beat of the song. How could anyone not love when she yells operation DESERT SHIELD operation DESERT STORM!
I like Sometimes its a bitch and also really like Love is a hard game to play. It has sincerity to it.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

You definitely are NOT alone, MacFan4Life. I loved Desert Angel.

LIAGTP? Not so much

Last edited by snroxman; 09-26-2017 at 06:54 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-26-2017, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I like Sometimes its a bitch and also really like Love is a hard game to play. It has sincerity to it.
I guess I'm somewhat surprised to read this after your comments about Talk to Me, Everyday, and the like. I would think you would find the TimeSpace tunes equally bland and generic, with lyrics not even remotely resembling something Stevie would write herself.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm an avid collector but always avoided buying this on LP because of the length of songs on each side (the more length used on a vinyl side the decrease in quality)...
If you are an avid collector - just buy it.

I have it but I don't think I ever opened it.
The sound can't be any worse than on some
of the re-releases I've heard.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's one of the more rare ones in the US. I think it was only available through Columbia House. So that alone would be a good reason to get it.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
It's one of the more rare ones in the US. I think it was only available through Columbia House. So that alone would be a good reason to get it.
I bought it off eBay yesterday so now waiting for it to arrive.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I cant believe what I am reading. Actually some love for Desert Angel? Just wow. I thought I was the only person that liked that song. It gets flamed all the time. I love it. Its a first time Stevie wrote about world events in real time. Love the military march heavy beat of the song. How could anyone not love when she yells operation DESERT SHIELD operation DESERT STORM!
My favorite part of the song(DESERT SHIELD/STORM)!!!!!
Old 09-27-2017, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess I'm From the generation of fans that thought of the "dark years" 1991-1994ish as the worst vocally and creatively lyric wise in her career. Those were the years with no vibrato, monotone emotionless delivery, sedated performances. Only after getting off Kolonpin did she start to sound better and then once she lost the fat and quit smoking got her sweetness and vibrato back. 1996/1997/98 was like 91-94 never happened and Stevie from 1975-1984ish suddenly returned. Street Angel and Desert Angel were constantly made fun of back in the early days of the Ledge by the early Ledgies. I guess a few things from those years are redeemable like Mirror Mirror. But the CLA remixes are so inappropriate to do to Classic on a Greatest Hits record. However that was "the thing" to do back then. The Madonna Imaculate Collection was all remixed. I guess it was all an attempt to keep decade old songs from sounding "dated". Now a days they attempt to make sure remastered/remixed remains true to the originals as closely as possible.

Sidebar. CRystal Visions was a much better release. Instead of filling it with three Non hits new songs the whole thin was all great songs that either charted or were singles or were classics.