The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-09-2018, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile What's next for the man who defined the Rumours line up? What's next for the rest?

Many fans here feel that Lindsey somewhat defined the Rumours line up and without him it's not Fleetwood Mac. I partly agree. He produced and played on so many of their songs and is probably the only Remoura 5 member who can produce and craft an entire song from start to finish all on his own without any input from someone else. Christine might be able to do that, Stevie certainly can't and Mick and John have Buckley's chance.
But what seems to be missing from the discussion about Lindsey is the many positives from him leaving- solo pop album to drop probably sooner than expected! Solo tour! Chance of reunion with just Christine to make a proper BuckVie album rather than a quasi Fleetwood Mac album with Mick and John.
So- what are you looking forward to with Lindsey?
And- what are you either dreading or excited about with the new Fleetwood Mac?
Old 05-09-2018, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think you might be disappointed here. Several hurdles for LB to jump over now.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
I think you might be disappointed here. Several hurdles for LB to jump over now.
Exactly. They did him beyond dirty

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Exactly. They did him beyond dirty
i know. i love it when fans are like "positive positive positive". there's nothing positive so far for Lindsey. now IF he announces that Best Of release in the next few weeks and a tour to start in the early fall - then it will be positive.

but we have no idea how tied his hands are right now and whether he can do anything and what and when.

so yeah some of us are realists. he's tied to the label that already screwed him up at least once this year, that we know of. we have no idea how much they'll screw him up now when he doesn't have FM corporation behind him. promoters for the solo tour were also tied to FM corporation as far as we know, so that's out too and has to start from scratch. the list goes on.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-09-2018, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i know. i love it when fans are like "positive positive positive". there's nothing positive so far for Lindsey. now IF he announces that Best Of release in the next few weeks and a tour to start in the early fall - then it will be positive.

but we have no idea how tied his hands are right now and whether he can do anything and what and when.

so yeah some of us are realists. he's tied to the label that already screwed him up at least once this year, that we know of. we have no idea how much they'll screw him up now when he doesn't have FM corporation behind him. promoters for the solo tour were also tied to FM corporation as far as we know, so that's out too and has to start from scratch. the list goes on.

When you take a step back and realize the possible ramifications of the bands actions, it just makes you sick all over again.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Many fans here feel that Lindsey somewhat defined the Rumours line up and without him it's not Fleetwood Mac. I partly agree. He produced and played on so many of their songs and is probably the only Remoura 5 member who can produce and craft an entire song from start to finish all on his own without any input from someone else. Christine might be able to do that, Stevie certainly can't and Mick and John have Buckley's chance.
But what seems to be missing from the discussion about Lindsey is the many positives from him leaving- solo pop album to drop probably sooner than expected! Solo tour! Chance of reunion with just Christine to make a proper BuckVie album rather than a quasi Fleetwood Mac album with Mick and John.
So- what are you looking forward to with Lindsey?
And- what are you either dreading or excited about with the new Fleetwood Mac?
I don't want him to tour again with Christine. I am probably more disgusted by her in all of this, given they were just recently on tour, did the album,..... Staring at her fingernails through that entire interview, claiming she wasn't aware (I am sure it's true she wasn't aware) but that just highlights the larger dysfunction in all of this. Nope--don't want him to tour with her again at all.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It depends on his priorities what he does. He’s got enough money that he and his family can live comfortably for the rest of their lives and he could still put out albums and go on tours. It’s not like he’s exactly some obscure artist. He’s a legend who has had some really big hits.

If artists like Richard Thompson and Guided by Voices, who aren’t multi-millionaires and never had hits, can tour and make a living, why can’t Lindsey?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-09-2018, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I don't want him to tour again with Christine. I am probably more disgusted by her in all of this, given they were just recently on tour, did the album,..... Staring at her fingernails through that entire interview, claiming she wasn't aware (I am sure it's true she wasn't aware) but that just highlights the larger dysfunction in all of this. Nope--don't want him to tour with her again at all.
I'm torn on saying the first part. Buck Vie was my favorite FM project(album and tour) in many years. I loved the connection they(appeared) to share.

So even though I'd love another Buck Vie, I hope he never goes back again, to FM. F*ck them for doing him this way. AndI agree that I'm most let down by Christine. She COULD HAVE saved the day, but she didn't do sh*t. Superwoman? I used to think so. Company shill is more like it...
Old 05-09-2018, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It depends on his priorities what he does. He’s got enough money that he and his family can live comfortably for the rest of their lives and he could still put out albums and go on tours. It’s not like he’s exactly some obscure artist. He’s a legend who has had some really big hits.

If artists like Richard Thompson and Guided by Voices, who aren’t multi-millionaires and never had hits, can tour and make a living, why can’t Lindsey?
you keep saying this over and over. you keep assuming he's not tied to the label - when we know he is.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-09-2018, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you keep saying this over and over. you keep assuming he's not tied to the label - when we know he is.
He could still do a tour independent of the label. He might lose money on it, but artists do it all the time.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-09-2018, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
He could still do a tour independent of the label. He might lose money on it, but artists do it all the time.
noooooooo..... really??????

yes he did all that in the past. and yes many artists do it all the time. and he will be able in some future too, i'm sure. the question is NOW. this year. the year he was planning to do it and it was all set up already. and it is not now. so no that's not positive. we have no idea how he's tied up now. i know he WANTS to do a tour this fall. hopefully he actually can.

Old 05-09-2018, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Part of me is still pissed off and OUTRAGED over The Mac's decision to FIRE Lindsey.

Part of me foolishly suspects that this is part of some grand scheme to give Lindsey and The Mac a few years apart....A trial separation of sorts. All setting the stage for a GRAND Rumours 5 REUNION/FAREWELL Tour in 2021-2022 that will send ticket sales through the roof. Perhaps Buckingham is "in on it". Maybe they just want to recreate the enthusiasm of "The Dance". What better way to do that than to have Buckingham "go his own way" for a spell?

I know, wishful thinking.

#WhoAreYouPeople?
Old 05-09-2018, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Part of me is still pissed off and OUTRAGED over The Mac's decision to FIRE Lindsey.

Part of me foolishly suspects that this is part of some grand scheme to give Lindsey and The Mac a few years apart....A trial separation of sorts. All setting the stage for a GRAND Rumours 5 REUNION/FAREWELL Tour in 2021-2022 that will send ticket sales through the roof. Perhaps Buckingham is "in on it". Maybe they just want to recreate the enthusiasm of "The Dance". What better way to do that than to have Buckingham "go his own way" for a spell?

I know, wishful thinking.

#WhoAreYouPeople?
I would think that too if it wasn't for the fact they're too old. Christine would be 80 by the time that happens.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm torn on saying the first part. Buck Vie was my favorite FM project(album and tour) in many years. I loved the connection they(appeared) to share.

So even though I'd love another Buck Vie, I hope he never goes back again, to FM. F*ck them for doing him this way. AndI agree that I'm most let down by Christine. She COULD HAVE saved the day, but she didn't do sh*t. Superwoman? I used to think so. Company shill is more like it...
I loved the album, loved the show---pains me to say it, but I am more ticked off by Christine than anyone else. I also think she needs him (or FM) more than he needs her (I know that sounds harsh--musically I love her, but her time away from the band has taken it's toll--I think that's fair to say)
What I'd love is FM to come crawling back to HIM after this disaster rolls thru the US, and tell Mick to shove a drumstick up his...... That's what I would love.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LB isn’t interested in losing money on a tour. And I think there’s reason to believe his profits from the MAC tour was his plan for funding the solo tour. And it seems unlikely the label wants to release the solo album prior to a best of money grab. And it’s likely he might’ve had label support because they were thinking they might get a FM album. To say things become complicated is an understatement. LB is an artist and won’t stay silent forever. But everything that was in the works has likely been heavily slowed up.

I think the best thing that might come out of this is possibly an even newer batch of high intensity songs. Maybe he will channel his Not That Funny self and give us some gems.