User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-04-2018, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
And didn't South Park characterize Stevie as a goat?
Sure, but again, why not just say Stevie?

I have a feeling the idea of not name calling for a day is an impossibility here after all

Nice idea, though.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Not to me, but why not just say Stevie? Or her fans?

Always considered Chiffonhead an affectionate way of addressing Stevie fans.
In the UK car fanatics are called Petrolheads. Its not offensive (I guess you'd call them Motorheads in the US).

Tech geeks are, I think Tech heads and radio fans are... er, radio heads????

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-04-2018, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
In the UK car fanatics are called Petrolheads. Its not offensive (I guess you'd call them Motorheads in the US).

And the original and most famous I’d say is The Greatful Dead’s “Deadheads”

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-04-2018, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
When someone says Lindsey freak, or $tevie, or chiffon head, or anything like that, it shows such a bias that it it tends to make everything they say suspect. If I said "Lindsay freaks can't accept that his touring demands are why he was fired," that would clearly show my bias. Or if I said "Lindsey was fired because $tevie wanted Mike to replace him," again, there's a bias.
Well, not exactly.

"Lindsay freaks can't accept that his touring demands are why he was fired," that would clearly show my bias.

Yes, because in this statement you are name-calling the people who are fans of one particular band member. So that is, in fact, name calling.

I said "Lindsey was fired because $tevie wanted Mike to replace him," again, there's a bias

Actually, there's no name calling or insulting in that statement towards any other fans at all. It's merely an OPINION about what actions were taken by band members.

And, maybe this is where some people are having a problem.

Just because someone is offering an opinion about what they think happened within the band, or in a lot of cases, are citing actual statements about what happened made by people who were a lot closer to the action, those are NOT "insults". If someone wants to say Mick is a this or that or Stevie is a diva or Lindsey is a brat, or whatever... THAT IS NOT AN INSULT to anyone on this board for pete's sake. It's someone's opinion, and in some cases a comment based on a statement we have high confidence is actually true about what went on. You can disagree, and offer an alternative perspective, but if someone wants to insult Stevie, or Lindsey for that matter, or Mick, NO ONE in this forum should somehow take that as an insult to THEMSELVES. Someone hating on a band member is NOT an attack on other fans. Unless they actually insult another fan.

People need to stop being so personally offended when someone doesn't like their favorite band member, or when someone proposes a theory they don't like, or when people are talking about a topic you aren't interested in or are tired of discussing.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 05-04-2018 at 05:30 PM..
Old 05-04-2018, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post

Same here.

Again, some people on here get all sensitive when someone says something about a band member as if somehow it was being said about THEM.
Old 05-04-2018, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
People need to stop being so personally offended when someone doesn't like their favorite band member, or when someone proposes a theory they don't like, or when people are talking about a topic you aren't interested in or are tired of discussing.

Old 05-04-2018, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, not exactly.

"Lindsay freaks can't accept that his touring demands are why he was fired," that would clearly show my bias.

Yes, because in this statement you are name-calling the people who are fans of one particular band member. So that is, in fact, name calling.

I said "Lindsey was fired because $tevie wanted Mike to replace him," again, there's a bias

Actually, there's no name calling or insulting in that statement towards any other fans at all. It's merely an OPINION about what actions were taken by band members.

Just because someone is offering an opinion about what they think happened within the band, or in a lot of cases, are citing actual statements about what happened made by people who were a lot closer to the action, those are NOT "insults". If someone wants to say Mick is a this or that or Stevie is a diva or Lindsey is a brat, or whatever... THAT IS NOT AN INSULT to anyone on this board for pete's sake. It's someone's opinion, and in some cases a comment based on a statement we have high confidence is actually true about what went on. You can disagree, and offer an alternative perspective, but if someone wants to insult Stevie, or Lindsey for that matter, or Mick, NO ONE in this forum should somehow take that as an insult to THEMSELVES. Someone hating on a band member is NOT an attack on other fans. Unless they actually insult another fan.

You are right, I misspoke (or miswrote, rather); a more appropriate example would have been, instead of saying $tevie, I had referred to Stevie superfans as "children of Stevie." It would be an insult to fans to refer to them as either "children of Stevie" or "children of Lindsey," don't you think? The implication is they can't think for themselves.

I agree with everything you said, I just wanted to clear up what I meant.
Old 05-04-2018, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, not exactly.

This, all of this! Times 10.
Old 05-04-2018, 07:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

Heart

BellaSoprano sincere condolences on your loss. You spoke truth in your statement. Everyone was shocked on hearing of Lindsey's departure from the band. But the hate and vitriol that is being posted day in and day out is overkill. But I also believe he will be ok and that he was not happy having to do these tours without new music. He thrives on creating music and gets bored with the same tired set list.

Even though there is no new music on this tour they are mixing up the set list with Pre-Rumours songs and Heartbreaker's music also. That makes this tour exciting to see what the two new member's bring to FM original songs and the mix of TP band's songs.

DH and I are being gifted tickets to see them in October in Cleveland, Oh. We are so excited! This band has had many incarnations over the decades, great music always. We will continue to support FM and all previous band members as they are all great artists in their own right.
Old 05-04-2018, 07:57 PM
button-lip
This message has been deleted by button-lip.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Good lort, stop being so damned sensitive! Yes, YOU! You know that I mean YOU!
Old 05-04-2018, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

~*~ goes to hide in the prickly pear bushes to strangle any semblance of sensitivity to smithereens ~*~

Old 05-04-2018, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As long as we're all squaring off into factions, is there a board here for Trump supporters registered in the Modern Whig Party who like Fleetwood Mac but only the drug years only that's not totally true either because Seeds We Sow was pretty good and In Your Dreams had a couple of excellent tracks and I've taken a very recent liking to mustard greens?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-04-2018, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Pshaw! It's collard greens for me!

Old 05-05-2018, 01:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
As long as we're all squaring off into factions, is there a board here for Trump supporters registered in the Modern Whig Party who like Fleetwood Mac but only the drug years only that's not totally true either because Seeds We Sow was pretty good and In Your Dreams had a couple of excellent tracks and I've taken a very recent liking to mustard greens?
In your dreams, David, in your dreams!
Old 05-05-2018, 08:52 AM
Senior Ledgie

I don’t take well to anyone saying they want to teach me about reality. I am however very sorry for your loss.