The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, so the concert was great last night. Best of all, after it was over, I was walking past the stage, and the drummer comes over, extending his hand, saying "Hey, it's David, right? From Bloomington, IN?"
It just made my night, that they remembered me.

I actually had heard a story, from a friend of mine who was touring with Lady Antebellum(that they had also been on tour with), that they had been talking about what a good job I'd done for them. Damn.that.feels.good.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Wow, so the concert was great last night. Best of all, after it was over, I was walking past the stage, and the drummer comes over, extending his hand, saying "Hey, it's David, right? From Bloomington, IN?"
It just made my night, that they remembered me.

I actually had heard a story, from a friend of mine who was touring with Lady Antebellum(that they had also been on tour with), that they had been talking about what a good job I'd done for them. Damn.that.feels.good.
I'm glad you had a great time at the show.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Saw this online...sad, and very dumb!

Two teens killed on railroad tracks were playing 'Ghost Train' game, coroner says
By Louis Casiano, msnbc.com

Two Missouri girls were playing a deadly game on a railroad track when they were killed by an Amtrak train early Tuesday, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

The teens were playing “Ghost Train,” in which a vehicle is parked on the tracks, according to Butler County Coroner Jim Akers.

During the game, passengers let the windows fog up for a scary setting and then drive off when a train approaches, Akers said, according to the Post-Dispatch.

"They were playing a stupid game called ‘Ghost Train,’ and the object is to get scared, kind of like telling stories on Halloween," Akers said.

Akers said five teens were in a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee on the tracks as an Amtrak train approached a crossing about 12:30 a.m. Tuesday near Poplar Bluff in southeast Missouri. When the Cherokee wouldn't start, three teens were able to get out, but two panicked and couldn’t unbuckle their seatbelts. The driver returned to help but was in the vehicle when the train hit it, Akers told the Post-Dispatch.

The Missouri State Highway Patrol said Victoria Swanson, 15, and Haley Whitmer, 17, were killed and Kaitlyn Fowler, 15, was hospitalized in critical condition. All were from Poplar Bluff.

Akers told the Post-Dispatch that parents of the victims said the girls had played the game before.

--------------------------------------

On the humorous side of life, tomorrow will make my 11th year as a Ledgie...DAMN!!!!!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 06-06-2012 at 03:17 PM..
Old 06-07-2012, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

wine headaches are the absolute worst. Help!

Old 06-07-2012, 03:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinmyheart View Post
Red wine, especially during the daytime, requires hydration! If I'm drinking wine during the daytime, I'll force myself to drink a bottle of water, for every two glasses of wine.

Cuz that sh*t will dry you out like the desert. God I love it!
Old 06-07-2012, 03:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I'm glad you had a great time at the show.
Thank you. I tried, three time today, to post that from my phone...but it has been uncooperative, the past few days...finally home.

Looking forward to collapsing into my pillow, in about 10 minutes! In my own bed!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinmyheart View Post
Posts like this make me glad I've been drug and alcohol free for three and a half years.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Posts like this make me glad I've been drug and alcohol free for three and a half years.
In my 23 years I've only drank a couple of times, and only been drunk twice. I get drunk VERY easily (Two Vodka and Orange's are enough to send me over the edge) and when I'm drunk I lose all sense of self preservation. I do stupid things like walk around barefoot in my pajamas in unfamiliar parks while hanging out with the homeless or I wander off in the middle of the night and scare my friends half to death lol. I know I'm not a good drunk, so consciously I'd rather steer clear of alcohol. I know it's odd for somebody as young as me to be aversed to the idea of drinking, but I've always maintained that I was born middled aged. I've always been far older than I am biologically.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm tickled by this news... Stefany Hoyer was, like, my BFF in 8th grade, and we bonded over our obsessions with Stevie, Fleetwood Mac, and, at the time, Def Leppard . She was supremely cool and easily the prettiest girl in class, yet, she hung out with the misfit toys (like myself) and had such a rebellious, tough spirit, which was quite the contrast with her "conservative Democrat" father who was then a junior senator from Maryland. Unfortunately we lost touch... but, OMG, I'm so proud that she's come out and thrown her name into the marriage equality debate in Maryland.

BTW, I think it's absolutely bats**t crazy that she is a grandmother!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1575453.html

Steny Hoyer's Daughter Comes Out As Lesbian

Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer's (D-Md.) daughter publicly came out of the closet as a lesbian on Wednesday in an interview published by the Washington Blade.

"My father, as you know, just came out in support of gay marriage," his daughter, Stefany Hoyer Hemmer, told the Blade, a Washington, D.C.-based newspaper that focuses on LGBT issues. "The momentum in Maryland right now for the adoption of the gay marriage law is fast-paced. I'm 43 years of age, and I've been gay my whole life and I just figured this is a good time to lend my name to the cause."

Hemmer's father was, briefly, the lone top Democratic congressional leader not in favor of same-sex marriage. Hoyer waited two days after President Obama announced his support for the measure -- and one day after Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) followed suit -- to publicly announce his support of gay marriage. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) had previously supported gay marriage, while Hoyer had favored only civil unions for same-sex couples.

Hemmer said that she first broached the topic with her mother before coming out to her father in 2003 by showing up to his house with a girlfriend.

"He was very welcoming," she told the Blade. "Of course, my sister had prepped him. He was not the least bit shaken or upset and very pleasantly just a nice guy. He's always been respectful of my privacy, so unless I initiate a conversation with him about pretty much anything that's private, he doesn't get into my personal business, which I respect. But he's been great."

Hemming said she partially decided to come out to the broader public so she could help advocate for Maryland's same-sex marriage law, which will likely face a referendum this fall. The law, which was signed in March, made Maryland the eighth state in the nation to legalize same-sex marriage.

A majority of likely Maryland voters support the law, according to a poll released May 24 by Public Policy Polling. But the Maryland Marriage Alliance, a coalition working to defeat the law, said last week that it collected 113,000 voter signatures for the referendum -- more than double what is required to put it on the ballot.

Hemmer said that she expects her father to also fight against the referendum.

"I think I will initially be an adjunct to him," she told the newspaper. "I will go places with him and maybe speak, but I think that role will evolve. Basically, I’m here and what do you think I can do for you."
Old 06-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post

On the humorous side of life, tomorrow will make my 11th year as a Ledgie...DAMN!!!!!
Happy Ledgieversary!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just came out as Bi to the rest of my family down south. All my friends and family know except those guys down south. I figured let me finish the job If they can't handle it screw 'em. I hardly see them anyway.

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 06-07-2012, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The town just poured a new sidewalk out front my house this morning .Now I will go out to put my face ,hands and feet into it like they do in Hollywood.Hahahaha.Only kidding.I dont want to get busted for defacing public property.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
The town just poured a new sidewalk out front my house this morning .Now I will go out to put my face ,hands and feet into it like they do in Hollywood.Hahahaha.Only kidding.I dont want to get busted for defacing public property.
That's why you grab the neighbour you don't like and smush their face into the new concrete. You get to involve yourself in a little shenanigan and you get off scot free
Old 06-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm addicted to tomatoes. Not eating them - growing them. Of course I like to eat them too.

I have been obsessing over tomatoes for weeks. Buying seed that I may or may not ever grow, spending hours looking at pictures of tomatoes on the internet, fussing over the tomatoes in my garden every couple of hours when I'm not at work, reading web forums devoted to the joys and pitfalls of growing tomatoes.

This year in my garden, I have 7 different varieties. Momotaro, Dr. Wyche's, Cherokee Purple (the best tomato ever), Pineapple, Black From Tula, Russian Persimmon and Riesenstraub.

Everyday is a battle of willpower to stay away from the local garden centers that are on my way home from work, because if I go, I'll buy more tomato plants, and I've run out of spaces to plant them...for now. If only I hadn't grown all those other vegetables...especially squash, broccoli and kale - they take up far too much room that could have been used for TOMATOES.

Next spring I am buying a house in one of Denver's vintage neighborhoods, Park Hill. Then, I'll easily have room for 24 tomato plants. Maybe even 40. That means I'll need to buy more varieties of seed than I have right now.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 06-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^I planted about 50 tomato plants this year. I LOVE EM! Nothing better than a fresh warm one, straight off the plant!

I just went out, and "guided" my plants through the wire cages, and my hands smell just like tomato plants! I LOVE that smell!