User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Well she said she hates living out of a suitcase.

But girl..... you have so much money.. puh lease... you have your own trunk.. plane, best hotels.. if you feel 30 years old again.. then stop whining about your, "oh so hard job", of performing for thousands of people who scream your name because they love your art, style and music so much...
I'd haul your trunks and clothes for you. You could order an outfit on the computer.. and I'd have it to you with a stylist in 20 min.. And with your money... they can make you look 30 yrs old again...
Loved this whole post. Here's an idea; with her money she can lease the nicest extended RV money can buy and when she travels through any one country she can call that home. Hire herself a good driver and all she has to do is pack her suitcase one time and then unpack into the RV one time and that is it. The RV can park in the lot of any concert venue or hotel lot that another band member resides in. She can even cook all her own meals if she prefers. And jbrownsjr or anyone else could still be at her door in 20 min. or less to be at her beck and call.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Loved this whole post. Here's an idea; with her money she can lease the nicest extended RV money can buy and when she travels through any one country she can call that home. Hire herself a good driver and all she has to do is pack her suitcase one time and then unpack into the RV one time and that is it. The RV can park in the lot of any concert venue or hotel lot that another band member resides in. She can even cook all her own meals if she prefers. And jbrownsjr or anyone else could still be at her door in 20 min. or less to be at her beck and call.
Maybe she can also take her dogs along too. And perhaps one of the other members could stay with her in the RV, if they so wish.

Oh, and if she requires some...assistance, I'll gladly volunteer my services.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 10-13-2013, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think this could be it. The final Fleetwood Mac album. If Christine has 3 finished songs to bring to the table along with Lindsey's 8 and Stevie can bring in 3. Take a couple of Lindsey's completed songs and make them band songs (Little Lies/The Chain) Done! Adding Chris back to the mix will put them back on the radio and sell a lot of discs.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I think this could be it. The final Fleetwood Mac album. If Christine has 3 finished songs to bring to the table along with Lindsey's 8 and Stevie can bring in 3. Take a couple of Lindsey's completed songs and make them band songs (Little Lies/The Chain) Done! Adding Chris back to the mix will put them back on the radio and sell a lot of discs.
This time last year I'd have said you were deluded. Now that Christine has surprised us this year in such a way that her 2004 project didn't, I'm not going to completely dismiss the suggestion that there might be another FM album featuring her. It's now more of a possibility than it was 12 months ago.

However, realistically, we know Lindsey wouldn't be keen. Am I wrong? Come on. He loves this 'new' sound and the fact that he's really the unchallenged musical driving force. I'm not being facetious or unkind. I know the Lindsey fans get their knickers in a twist at the sort if comment I've just made, but tell me he wouldn't have his nose put a little out of joint by having to re-calibrate his approach to accommodate the 'only person in Fleetwood Mac that he ever listened to'.

Plus, what label (and band) is going to allow Chris to contribute without committing to a tour? I think that whilst she has come far with her therapy and new outlook, she still wouldn't want to take a year out to go around the world, or even just the US. The RV thing would be cumbersome and it wouldn't, I don't think, calm the discomfort of a 70 year old who wants to be in her own bed every night.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think at this point another world tour is needed. If they put out the album promoting the 5 of them back together. Perform on The Today show, Ellen and the Grammys and get the New "hit" on the radio featuring all thee voices will do it. A couple of select shows in addition will do the trick.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I don't think at this point another world tour is needed. If they put out the album promoting the 5 of them back together. Perform on The Today show, Ellen and the Grammys and get the New "hit" on the radio featuring all thee voices will do it. A couple of select shows in addition will do the trick.
Then they'd be doing it for creative reasons only, because they wouldn't really make money off it. That's fine, but would it happen?

Thesedays, revenue principally comes from touring. Record sales don't bring a vast fortune in for the writer or performer, even at their level. Plus, John and Mick wouldn't make anything significant, as their income comes from live performance.

Then there's the advertising. As you point out, in order to sell anything, word needs to spread. You do the press stuff, all over the place, but that requires travel, which Chris might object to. Even then, you can't sell a record by a handful of TV spots.

Realistically, if you want to shift records, you need to get out there and play live.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
This time last year I'd have said you were deluded. Now that Christine has surprised us this year in such a way that her 2004 project didn't, I'm not going to completely dismiss the suggestion that there might be another FM album featuring her. It's now more of a possibility than it was 12 months ago.

However, realistically, we know Lindsey wouldn't be keen. Am I wrong? Come on. He loves this 'new' sound and the fact that he's really the unchallenged musical driving force. I'm not being facetious or unkind. I know the Lindsey fans get their knickers in a twist at the sort if comment I've just made, but tell me he wouldn't have his nose put a little out of joint by having to re-calibrate his approach to accommodate the 'only person in Fleetwood Mac that he ever listened to'.

Plus, what label (and band) is going to allow Chris to contribute without committing to a tour? I think that whilst she has come far with her therapy and new outlook, she still wouldn't want to take a year out to go around the world, or even just the US. The RV thing would be cumbersome and it wouldn't, I don't think, calm the discomfort of a 70 year old who wants to be in her own bed every night.
IMO, at this point the ratio of Chris rejoining FM to a new Chris solo album is 50-50, but I'm still betting more on a solo album for the reasons you give. Though FM members contributing to her songs (we know Mick is helping out, who knows if the others do as well) is still not a far off possibility, and FM albums involving that lineup after Mirage are hijacked solo albums, so maybe this could be a plot twist in which Christine's album was the victim. But again, who knows?

You're right, Lindsey does enjoy this 'freedom' of not having Chris, aka the only one with the balls to stand up to him musically, and the only person in the band he listened to. But there's also the tiny possibility that he missed having someone to bounce ideas off of and get some right back. Things he couldn't really do with Stevie because she's not a musician, per se, or with Mick and John because they don't write.

With the RV thing, we know it's not realistic. Like her, I get major insomnia when I'm not in my own bed too, so I get her feelings about that, the homebodies we are.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Then they'd be doing it for creative reasons only, because they wouldn't really make money off it. That's fine, but would it happen?

Thesedays, revenue principally comes from touring. Record sales don't bring a vast fortune in for the writer or performer, even at their level. Plus, John and Mick wouldn't make anything significant, as their income comes from live performance.

Then there's the advertising. As you point out, in order to sell anything, word needs to spread. You do the press stuff, all over the place, but that requires travel, which Chris might object to. Even then, you can't sell a record by a handful of TV spots.

Realistically, if you want to shift records, you need to get out there and play live.
Yeah, touring is The Mac's bread and butter. There's no going around it. And I don't think they're (meaning the other members) would be willing to sacrifice the cash cows.

Chris's willingness to perform live isn't much of a problem now, but I wonder how much travel and touring Chris is willing to do at this point. The fact that she said that she "would have to tour" indicates that she's willing to do at least some traveling, but to what extent, we don't know. Though she didn't say she's willing to fly around, so probably not a whole lot.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Yes, touring is the big money-maker, but I think people tend to overestimate its importance in selling new discs by veteran artists. Most albums by older acts sell most of their units to the die-hard fans during the first week of release; hence the album debuts high on the charts and then falls quickly. If the tour doesn't start for a couple of months, the album might not even be on the charts anymore. And when there is a lot of publicity in any form (concerts, TV, etc.) what really gets a boost is the older catalog, like Rumours or Greatest Hits.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
Like her, I get major insomnia when I'm not in my own bed too, so I get her feelings about that, the homebodies we are.
C'mon now. If you were as wealthy as her, you could stay in the 5 star world class hotels. Heck you could even have your own bed shipped to each location if you're worried about how your back will react to the coils. You can even have each hotel room decorated to look like your own bedroom. The possibilities of comfort are endless when you've got the dough to back it up.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
Yeah, touring is The Mac's bread and butter. There's no going around it. And I don't think they're (meaning the other members) would be willing to sacrifice the cash cows.

Chris's willingness to perform live isn't much of a problem now, but I wonder how much travel and touring Chris is willing to do at this point. The fact that she said that she "would have to tour" indicates that she's willing to do at least some traveling, but to what extent, we don't know. Though she didn't say she's willing to fly around, so probably not a whole lot.
I think that she still might consider doing live shows in London, maybe some of the English regional venues, that sort of thing. Even then, as a solo artist I'm surprised she's considering touring. I recall in 1984 that she really had a problem being the principal focus of the audience's attention, and not just a part of the rhythm section, as she saw herself in FM.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A new Fleetwood Mac album with 12 new classic tracks by the 5. I see it happening.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Yes, touring is the big money-maker, but I think people tend to overestimate its importance in selling new discs by veteran artists. Most albums by older acts sell most of their units to the die-hard fans during the first week of release; hence the album debuts high on the charts and then falls quickly. If the tour doesn't start for a couple of months, the album might not even be on the charts anymore. And when there is a lot of publicity in any form (concerts, TV, etc.) what really gets a boost is the older catalog, like Rumours or Greatest Hits.
In any case, no money means no go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
C'mon now. If you were as wealthy as her, you could stay in the 5 star world class hotels. Heck you could even have your own bed shipped to each location if you're worried about how your back will react to the coils. You can even have each hotel room decorated to look like your own bedroom. The possibilities of comfort are endless when you've got the dough to back it up.
It's the homesickness that does it more than anything, really. Even on vacation I sometimes crave for my own bed.

Quote:
I think that she still might consider doing live shows in London, maybe some of the English regional venues, that sort of thing. Even then, as a solo artist I'm surprised she's considering touring. I recall in 1984 that she really had a problem being the principal focus of the audience's attention, and not just a part of the rhythm section, as she saw herself in FM.
Maybe the therapy helped her confidence a teeny bit, but I still imagine her being a team player in any case.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:46 AM

Believe me, I was the first person to say she would never tour again. In fact, after "In The Meantime", I thought that was the last we'd ever hear from her.

If history has told us anything about this band, we might get one final who ha!

A solo album with other members quite possibly.

or.. God forbid, nothing comes out of this, which is also possible...
Old 10-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And I do believe the "who ha" is a MAC album. I have been on this ride for 35+ years.