User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-11-2016, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
^Disagree. They all sound better as part of Fleetwood Mac.
None of the recent solo material for any of the 3 can even compare.
love it, that we are actually having a discussion here - thank you for that!

can you give examples of what you mean?

Lindsey's SWS material is exquisite and much better than majority of his FM material, excluding his few songs on Rumours, some Tusk songs and most of his SYW songs (which was really solo material anyway). people familiar with In The Meantime say it's great.

i'm not very familiar with Stevie's solo material, but from what i've heard her really good solo material was just in the early 80s and it was all downhill from there. so i'm curious to hear your opinion. from what i can see Stevie seems to be the only one of the 3 that fits your description.

so while Lindsey is one of the apparently rare artists who is not resting on his past glories and gets better and better as the time goes on, and Christine seems to be steadily good over time, only Stevie seems to have had her best songwriting phase squarely back in the early 70s and then possibly some solo work in the early 80s.

from all that, FM album written by Lindsey-Christine would be probably musically much better than if there are Stevie's contributions too. and possibly that's the main reason Stevie has been holding back the album - feeling she's been creatively blocked for decades while Lindsey and now Christine have been creatively growing. that's seems to also be one of Lindsey's speculations why she is so reluctant to join them.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-11-2016, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I would love anything from Buck or McVie. I
Certainly don't want anything from Stevie. Her solo music is pretty boring and nasal.
yup, completely with you, my friend!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-15-2016, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yahoo Music, Managing Editor June 15, 2016 by Lyndsey Parker

https://www.yahoo.com/music/empire-o...221636610.html
Empire of the Sun’s Luke Steele Talks Gun Control, New Album, Lindsey Buckingham & Wendy Melvoin Collaborations

[excerpt]

Most exciting, however, is that the album will feature two American rock icons, one of which is Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham. Considering that “I’ll Be Around,” from Empire’s 2013 sophomore effort Ice on the Dune, basically sounded like an outtake from Fleetwood Mac’s Mirage album, this new collaboration makes perfect sense.

“One of my favorite things to do is sit with my wife, drink white wine, and just listen to records once the kids have gone to bed. And I always end up emailing my manager and saying, ‘I wanna work with this person,’” Steele chuckles. “Nine times out of 10, they never get back to me. But Lindsey got back to us and said, ‘I love the band; I wanna come down to the studio.’ We jammed for about six hours, and then he came back the next day and we wrote this amazing song, ‘To Her Door.’”
Old 08-22-2016, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

bunch of articles out today on the release date for EOTS album in October, including Rolling Stone, Spin, Pitchfork, etc -

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...new-lp-w435577
Empire of the Sun Recruit Lindsey Buckingham for New LP
Fleetwood Mac guitarist, Wendy Melvoin of Prince's Revolution group featured on electro-pop duo's third album 'Two Vines'

http://www.spin.com/2016/08/empire-o..._medium=button
NEWS \
Empire of the Sun Announce New Album Featuring Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham
It's been three years since the duo's last album

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/22...-sun-two-vines
Empire of the Sun's new album features Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham
'Two Vines' is due out Oct. 28

Old 08-22-2016, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh. Thanks for the heads up, Elle

http://www.spin.com/2016/08/empire-o...ng-on-a-dream/

Empire of the Sun Announce New Album Featuring Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham

It's been three years since the duo's last album
brianjosephsBrian Josephs // August 22, 2016

The collaborator list for this project shows how much Empire of the Sun’s Rolodex has expanded within three years. Two Vines will feature contributions from Wendy Melvoin, who was in Prince’s famed backing band the Revolution, pianist Henry Hey and bassist Tim Lefebvre, who performed on David Bowie’s Blackstar, and Lindsey Buckingham, the legendary Fleetwood Mac perfectionist.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Billboard now -

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...medium=twitter
Empire of the Sun Tap Lindsey Buckingham, Wendy Melvoin & Bowie Band Members for 'Two Vines' Album

Australian glitter dance duo Empire of the Sun recruited some heavy hands for their upcoming third album, Two Vines. The album, due on Astralwerks on Oct. 28, will feature contributions from Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham, Wendy Melvoin from Prince's Revolution band and two members of David Bowie's Blackstar band, pianist Henry Hey and bassist Tim Lefebvre.

The first single from the album, "High and Low," is due out Wednesday. It was recorded in Hawaii and Los Angeles and co-produced by members Luke Steele and Nick Littlemore and Peter Mayes (Killers, Sia) and in a statement announcing the follow-up to 2013's Ice on the Dune Littlemore said, "We always saw Empire as a movie... The whole concept was based around childhood fantasies; being in bed and staring at the posters on your wall, whether they were monster movies or outlandish rock stars or pieces of art. We always wanted to be one of those posters on a child’s wall that had so much imagination locked into it, a kind of invitation that pushes you over the edge into dream world. With this record, it’s time to take that next step."

Old 08-23-2016, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://wror.com/2016/08/23/liner-notes-august-23rd/

Lindsey Buckingham Is Keeping Himself Busy

Stevie Nicks is apparently holding up any new Fleetwood Mac music from coming out, but that isn’t stopping Lindsey Buckingham from working with other artists.

Buckingham recently collaborated with Empire of the Sun, an Australian electronic music duo, on their new album Two Vines which is due out October 28th. Also featured on the album are pianist Henry Hey and bassist Tim Lefebvre who were both part of the studio band on David Bowie’s final album Blackstar.

Old 08-26-2016, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

RTT News 8/23/2016 9:00 PM ET

http://www.rttnews.com/2685782/linds...-s-new-lp.aspx

Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham was recruited by Empire Of The Sun to feature on their new LP, according to Rolling Stone.

Additional artists featured on the new album titled Two Vines, include Wendy Melvoin (from Prince's Revolution band), and David Bowie collaborators Henry Hey (piano) and Tim Lefebvre (bass).

"There was an image we talked about very early on with this record, before we wrote the title track, 'Two Vines,' and that was this image of a modern city overtaken by jungle, almost like mother nature taking back the planet," added Nick Littlemore. "All the buildings will turn back to sand. All it will be is nature again. We wanted to make something that reflected the beauty of that, and the wisdom that plants can give us about living harmoniously on this beautiful planet."
Old 08-27-2016, 07:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default "To Her Door"

Track co-written by LB.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (96.9 KB, 29 views)
Old 08-27-2016, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
Track co-written by LB.
thanks for sharing! do you have a link where this was posted?

Old 08-27-2016, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default EOTS Co-Write

I saw that on Twitter, along with a photo of LB in the studio with the EOTS band and his daughter LeLe (sp?). She is all grown up and quite striking (beautiful parents).
Old 08-27-2016, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exciting. We get actual words. It's been so long since we've had new things to anticipate.

Michele
Old 09-03-2016, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lyrics seem to confirm. It's about Stevie.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default How Buddha and Lindsey Buckingham inspired Empire of the Sun's new LP

all over social media today -

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/07...ines-interview

How Buddha and Lindsey Buckingham inspired Empire of the Sun's new LP
'Two Vines' is due out Oct. 28
BY MADISON VAIN • @TWEETSINVAIN

Posted September 7 2016 — 11:42 AM EDT

Australian psych-pop weirdos Empire of the Sun had a spiritual awakening before they began writing for their third record. “Buddha was revealed to me,” says multi-instrumentalist Nicholas Littlemore. “And the theme really rushed through me: I wanted to write about plants and love and the planet.”

To achieve this vision, Littlemore and bandmate Luke Steele recruited Fleetwood Mac frontman Lindsey Buckingham, Prince’s onetime protegée Wendy Melvoin, and David Bowie collaborators Henry Hey and Tim Lefebvre for a result that’s more akin to the interstellar psychedelia of their 2008 debut than 2013’s more Top 40-radio-baiting Ice on the Dune.

Here, Littlemore and Steele take EW behind their trippy vision.

SEE ALSO
New Empire of the Sun album features Lindsey Buckingham

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: When you began work on this album, did the two of you set any goals for the music?
STEELE: The beginning and end of everything is that we’re always trying to write great songs. It’s the patchwork of the Empire. At this point in our lives, we wanted to make a record that’s more bare and honest. We want to get to that point where you put the record on and feel like we’re talking to you.

Ice On The Dune was set in the 31st century. Does Two Vines have an equally defined setting?
LITTLEMORE: I had a profound experience about a year and a half ago. Buddha was revealed to through meditation and that really affected me. The theme really rushed through me: I wanted to write about plants and love and the planet. We had the idea of an image where the future of the world would be New York City, or any of these great cities, but completely covered in vines.

What was it like working with Lindsey Buckingham?
STEELE: I have these music nights with my wife where we sit back and listen to old records, and I always email my manager saying, “Can you get in touch with this guy, that guy,” my heroes. So we reached out to Lindsey and it just so happened he’d just got off the road with Fleetwood Mac and was in L.A. He said he loved the band and would love to come to the studio.
LITTLEMORE: Fleetwood Mac had been a very strong influence on our lives, but you know, sometimes you meet these heroes of your and then they let you down. But he fell right in — he felt like a member of the band.

I understand you have a unique producing-style.
LITTLEMORE: It’s sort of similar to when you were at school trying to make a document look old so you burn the edges. We run the music through all this old gear. Sometimes we say, “Oh, I don’t even know if the audience notices.” But even if they don’t notice sonically, maybe they feel something different — maybe it touches them in a nostalgic way.
STEELE: It has so much more of a soul, a bit more nourishment, than modern gear. It’s like how I only buy old guitars now. When you play an old guitar, it has so many unfinished songs to get out of it.

Have you considered how you will present the album? Staging and costume-design have always been so huge for the band.
LITTLEMORE: It’s a lot more minimal. After my experience, I’m wearing the Buddhist color, the orange, and little else. I didn’t want to wear beads or any adornment. Luke is very very basic blue silk. He still has a headpiece but we’re trying to pull it back toward the essential.
STEELE: It’s like you’re walking into the jungle and you have one garment that you put on. We’re going to simplify the process — but having said that we’ll probably end up with pyrotechnics and animals on stage.

After the 2013 album, there were rumors of a rift between the two of you. How are you now?
LITTLEMORE: There always is with creative partnerships, especially with two individuals as intense as us, but there is a greater good here. The music has always risen higher than our egos, which is amazing, because our egos are really high.
STEELE: It’s a really strange relationship, but when it works, there’s nothing like it in the world.

“Walking On A Dream” cracked into the Billboard Hot 100 this year, eight years after it originally released. How does that feel?
LITTLEMORE: Where my grandmother lived in Sydney, you could walk down a hill to the harbor. I did this one day and found a bottle, and there wasn’t a message in it, but there was a fish in it. I let the fish go but thought, in my imagination, that the fish had been living in the bottle for years. Maybe a song is something you send out and it comes back with another story added to it, and then another one, another one, and another one. Everything you ever do, it’s going to come back in some way.

For exclusive details on the biggest albums coming this fall, pick up the new issue of Entertainment Weekly, on newsstands Friday, and see all of our Fall Music Preview coverage on EW.com.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Awww. He felt like a member of the band. I wonder how it felt for Lindsey. If he felt gratified and artistically challenged. Thanks Elle.

Michele