The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-05-2016, 06:47 AM

Default Stevie Nicks Wants a New Fleetwood Mac Tour, Not a New Fleetwood Mac Album

Stevie Nicks Wants a New Fleetwood Mac Tour, Not a New Fleetwood Mac Album

Danny ClinchStevie Nicks is currently out on her 24 Karat Gold tour, promoting her recent solo album. But as far as recording a new album with Fleetwood Mac, Stevie believes the band shouldn't waste their time.

Before Fleetwood Mac launched their most recent tour, they worked on some new tracks without Stevie. While Mick Fleetwood suggested the tracks might be released with just Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie singing, Stevie doesn't buy it. "You can never say never, but I don’t think that will happen," she tells ABC Radio.

That doesn't mean Stevie's ready to join her bandmates in the studio, though.

"The only reason that I don’t really wanna do a record is because I think that, in a year and a half, we’ll probably go out and do another Fleetwood Mac tour, since Christine has come back," she explains. Christine McVie rejoined Fleetwood Mac in 2014 after a 16-year absence.

Stevie thinks touring is the better plan, simply because of Fleetwood Mac's dynamics.

"Do we want to go and close ourselves up in a studio for a year, [and] make a record that’s really good but that probably won’t sell, because records don’t really sell that much?" she asks. "And then we'll have been stuffed together for a year in one room, and...when you come out of that room, we may not want to go on a tour!"

The logical solution, Stevie says, is to skip making a new record, and simply hit the road.

"I think that we should choose the tour over the record," she tells ABC Radio. "Because touring is much more fun than making a record when you don’t have any idea how that record’s gonna come out."

Stevie has time to figure out her next move: her tour doesn't wrap until December 18.

http://www.wjbdradio.com/music-news/...wood-mac-album
Old 12-05-2016, 07:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post

"Do we want to go and close ourselves up in a studio for a year, [and] make a record that’s really good but that probably won’t sell, because records don’t really sell that much?" she asks. "And then we'll have been stuffed together for a year in one room, and...when you come out of that room, we may not want to go on a tour!"

There's a kind of symmetry here. Stevie didn't want to make an album in her solo career "because records don't really sell that much," and now she doesn't want to make one with Fleetwood Mac. Stevie has said this many times, including this solo tour outting. But more critically, in the case with Fleetwood Mac, she clearly doesn't believe they can make an album within a years time. If you read a tiny bit into it, "when you come out of that room [after spending at least a year tweaking things as they inevitably do]" we will be ready to kill each other? For most bands a year is too long. The studio time is extremely brief. Fleetwood Mac is notoriously slow.

Stevie can't contribute much to the making of an album. Stevie is a singer/songwriter. But the largest part of making an album falls on the musicians, engineers, producers, etc. But still, most bands get an album out much quicker. None of this should be a surprise to any of us. We have known of the dynamics between a certain two-some in the band for decades. What might be best is for Fleetwood Mac to proceed without her, accomplish what they can. We have all heard Lindsey and Christine have already gotten together and made great strides. Having just two singer/songwriters on a Fleetwood Mac album gives them much more room.

Stevie thinks touring is the better plan, simply because of Fleetwood Mac's dynamics.

Stevie is willing to tour with Fleetwood Mac. They didn't allow Christine to be on the album without touring, despite knowing her fears. Will Fleetwood Mac allow Stevie to tour without being on the album? Who knows. How bad do they want Stevie to tour with them? Touring is where the real money is made. There's a handful of people on The Ledge that would be happy for the experience of Fleetwood Mac without Stevie. I use the term "handful" compared to the thousands that fill an arena. I don't think they will have to go to smaller venues. If the public doesn't know Stevie isn't in the band, they will still go because it's "Fleetwood Mac." When you buy your tickets, it's because you see an ad somewhere and learn the band is on tour. Advertisers won't say, "and by the way, Stevie Nicks won't be with them." They could do quite well. The band didn't collapse without Lindsey or Christine during their 'sabbaticals'. But for argument sake, lets say they find they can't sell out the big arenas. (I think they can.) There's a lot to be said for touring in an intimate venue with great musicians, which Christine, Lindsey, John and Mick are.

Why spend more time being miserable for any of them? This is not a difficult decision for me. Obviously it is for Fleetwood Mac. Does it all come down to money? I think they will all be okay.

Last edited by Tango; 12-05-2016 at 09:08 AM..
Old 12-05-2016, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie's latest comments regarding a new GM album

Danny ClinchStevie Nicks is currently out on her 24 Karat Gold tour, promoting her recent solo album. But as far as recording a new album with Fleetwood Mac, Stevie believes the band shouldn't waste their time.

Before Fleetwood Mac launched their most recent tour, they worked on some new tracks without Stevie. While Mick Fleetwood suggested the tracks might be released with just Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie singing, Stevie doesn't buy it. "You can never say never, but I don’t think that will happen," she tells ABC Radio.

That doesn't mean Stevie's ready to join her bandmates in the studio, though.

"The only reason that I don’t really wanna do a record is because I think that, in a year and a half, we’ll probably go out and do another Fleetwood Mac tour, since Christine has come back," she explains. Christine McVie rejoined Fleetwood Mac in 2014 after a 16-year absence.

The logical solution, Stevie says, is to skip making a new record, and simply hit the road.

"I think that we should choose the tour over the record," she tells ABC Radio. "Because touring is much more fun than making a record when you don’t have any idea how that record’s gonna come out."

Stevie has time to figure out her next move: her tour doesn't wrap until December 18.

Copyright © 2016, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
Old 12-05-2016, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And she just added 20 more tour dates, taking her into the end of March.
Old 12-05-2016, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Now we had to drag that album topic over here.The good news is that she is adding more date to her current tour.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-05-2016, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Love that she is coming to Columbus Ohio but it's time for Fleetwood Mac to set her free.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's still no reason she can't pull a TITN and pop in for a couple of weeks to drop off some demos and record a few harmonies.

I don't even care if her heart's in it anymore. For the sake of the fans (if nothing else), they should churn out one final studio album now that all 5 are in the picture to bookend what's obviously the end of the line.
Old 12-05-2016, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Now we had to drag that album topic over here.The good news is that she is adding more date to her current tour.
I know! I avoid it like the plague on the FM side. At least we know her reasoning now. It looks like it still boils down to not wanting to be the studio for any length of time with the band, which we kinda knew all along.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 12-05-2016, 01:23 PM

My guess is that Stevie probably thinks that the band is getting old and there isn't much more time left for them to tour such big world tours, so she prefers to spend these last years on the road.
Old 12-05-2016, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, she's always preferred the road to the studio. So that part is nothing new. I think the death of her mom is what truly set this mindset shift into motion. They died in their early 80s, so I'm sure she's looking at her own mortality and at the things she hasn't done yet. Life truly is short.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
I know! I avoid it like the plague on the FM side. At least we know her reasoning now. It looks like it still boils down to not wanting to be the studio for any length of time with the band, which we kinda knew all along.
I agree 100 percent.Some on here probably think that I dont want that new FM album as they read my mixed statements about it over the last couple of year.I prove you are ALL FREAKING WRONG.I do want this album badly too.

Old 12-05-2016, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I figure It would be easier to record then tour at an older age.I guess wrong with FM.

Old 12-05-2016, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
There's still no reason she can't pull a TITN and pop in for a couple of weeks to drop off some demos and record a few harmonies.

I don't even care if her heart's in it anymore. For the sake of the fans (if nothing else), they should churn out one final studio album now that all 5 are in the picture to bookend what's obviously the end of the line.
Got a point there.Just throw them a bone ."sorta say" and move on.

Old 12-05-2016, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I congratulate Stevie on a successful tour and extending it for 20 more dates. The new interview really frustrates me because of her hypocrisy. Does she not claim to be an artist anymore? She does not care about her passion for writing anymore? She sure signed on the dotted line a year ago for the HUGE Mac tour next year though. Her hypocrisy is hard to believe. Her last 2 solo albums were not commercially successful. But did she not want the world to hear her songs? How dare she use this hypocrisy about a future Mac album. This version of the Mac has not equally worked on a studio album since 1981-1982 for Mirage. Tango she was hardly there. How magical a Mac album worked together from all members would be. Then take it on the road to promote. Instead she wants to do a huge tour only for big bucks to sing Dreams, Landslide and Rhiannon for the ten millionth time? I still find it hard to believe she would be so vile to join the band for a tour but not the album. That would show she does not care for her craft anymore and only singing for big bucks. I actually would respect her more if she agreed to do the album but not agreed to the tour (yet). What about an attitude wanting to part of the Mac's final album.....to give back to a group that gave her so much and launched her into stardom. Be part of that final chapter. Just imagine if Waddy told Stevie a few years ago that he had no interest in working on 24K Gold because it was not going to sell well but "call me if you tour."

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-05-2016 at 05:09 PM..
Old 12-05-2016, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I figure It would be easier to record then tour at an older age.I guess wrong with FM.
does seem a little backward.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...