User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-03-2010, 03:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Klonopin

hello ledgies,
this is probably as personal as i will get on here, BUT, i have a chronic condition. To help me sleep, my Dr. prescribed me Klonopin! YIKES! i trust this doc very much. but whoooooooooo, WWST? now i'm only to take it at bedtime, not on it's prescribed dosage(which is 3 times a day). any thoughts?
Old 10-03-2010, 03:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Johnny, hope you are well
Well, I guess if it helps and it does good to you - then I guess it'll be ok.
On the other hand, you may become Stevie Nicks of the 1990's.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
Hi Johnny, hope you are well
Well, I guess if it helps and it does good to you - then I guess it'll be ok.
On the other hand, you may become Stevie Nicks of the 1990's.
thx Meowi,
not sure if i can pull off the braids though! we'll see. thnx for your reply.

Last edited by johnnystorms; 10-03-2010 at 04:09 AM..
Old 10-03-2010, 04:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I understand why this would be frightening but as long as you stick to the advised dosage (one a night) I think you'll be ok. Bear in mind that Stevie said many, many times that her Doctor kept upping her dose so who knows how many she was on by the end. The crucial thing is to monitor yourself throughout the day and if you don't feel right or have bad side effects then discuss them with your doctor. There may be other medications that are more appropriate.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

take it as prescribed. and don't go to LA looking for physicians who write open-ended RX's. and don't give them to your personal assistants.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

WWSD? Immediately run out of the doctor's office, I think she once advised.

However, she's silly.

You'll be fine...assuming you're not kicking some other chemical dependancy, à la our beloved Stevie at the time.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 10-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

My Dr also prescribed Klonopin to me a couple of years back after my house had been flooded by a tropical storm, and I couldn't sleep because of stress. I just wanted regular sleeping pills, but my Dr insisted I was not having true sleep issues, but anxiety was my problem instead. I was on Klonopin for about a month. I didn't like it... I took it in the evening to wind down, but then I'd be all foggy and stupid for half the next day. The worst was when I decided to go off it cold turkey. Even though I'd only been on it a month, it wasn't pretty. I'd get horrible headaches that make you want to curl up in the fetal position, and the waves of anxiety were really bad. It took a week or two for my body to calm back down after I started withdrawal... it wasn't fun. Just be careful... I'd see if there's another drug your Dr can put you on. I think there are much better drugs out there for anxiety/stress, ones that don't have bad side effects.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default In my *honest* opinion

Prescription drugs aren't the answer to anything.Either are doctors. Maybe opt for something more natural
Old 10-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I was on Klonopin for about a month. I didn't like it... I took it in the evening to wind down, but then I'd be all foggy and stupid for half the next day. The worst was when I decided to go off it cold turkey. Even though I'd only been on it a month, it wasn't pretty
I'm honestly curious... if you didn't like how it affected you, why did you continue to take it? You pretty much know whether Klonopin is going to help you/whether you like it after the first time you take it- there's no need to take it for 10-21 days to evaluate its impact (unlike most psychotropics marketed for anxiety).
Old 10-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My Dad was also prescribed Klonopin years ago and he got off it - hated the way it made him feel. And he wasn't even under Stevie's klonopin is evil spell.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't want to be a downer (pun intended), but this thread seriously does not belong in the Stevie area.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
I'm honestly curious... if you didn't like how it affected you, why did you continue to take it? You pretty much know whether Klonopin is going to help you/whether you like it after the first time you take it- there's no need to take it for 10-21 days to evaluate its impact (unlike most psychotropics marketed for anxiety).
I actually called my Dr when I discovered I didn't like the way the drug made me feel. She suggested I take a half tablet instead, which I did. I still felt oogie. But my performance had slipped at work due to my inability to sleep, so I bit the bullet and stayed on the drug long enough to reestablish my sleep pattern. I expressed my concern with Klonopin when my Dr prescribed it initially, but she felt it was the best drug to get me regulated. I only took the drug long enough to assure myself that I'd reestablished my sleep pattern, then I simply didn't refill it.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default thanks everyone

i appreciate the responses from you all. nice to know the ledgies got my back! i did sleep like a baby last night, but waking up was a bitch! i think i'll do a half pill tonight and see how that works.
didn;t mean to post in the improper area, just knowing Stevie's experience with it, i thought that was the most logical place to put it. sorry.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My cousin was diagnosed with anxiety issues, a few months ago, and they prescribed her Klonopin. I warned her of the Stevie story. I sometimes have a hard time sleeping, and she gave me a few. I take one, every once in awhile. Makes me sleep like a baby!
Old 10-03-2010, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Klonopin is a great drug for anxiety and actually safer to use than Valium or Xanax. I don't usually hear of it being prescribed for "sleep only" issues since there are better drugs for that symptom alone.

Just take it as it's prescribed and if you don't like the way you feel, communicate that to your doctor. And good luck!