User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You live in a fairy tale world. Of course Stevie Nicks is the reason they are not calling it Fleetwood Mac. Stevie is pulling a stunt that few rock performers pull. She has one foot in the band and one foot out of the band. Say You Will was Fleetwood Mac because Christine officially LEFT. She did not record or tour with the band. Behind the Mask was Fleetwood Mac because Lindsey did not record or tour with the band. Stevie does not want to record with the band. Boo hoo!
You see the difference? Because Stevie wants to ONLY tour with the band, it puts them in a odd situation. She is still part of the band. I think they should have called in Fleetwood Mac. All 4 other members play on the album. Your reason is laughable that fans would be "confused." Really? LMAO Were fans confused for Say You Will? The Tango tour? Behind the Mask? Us fans are not that stupid. Sorry! The ENTIRE band is very courteous to Stevie obviously to keep her involved ONLY where she wants to be. Its silly and childish. NO ONE is afraid of her. The band just has total class to not name a project Fleetwood Mac because one member is too stressed out to be in a recording studio and makes up phony reasons not to be there.
Forget everything I knew until now. You're my new hero.

And I wish she would the other foot OUT of the band once and for all.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think a lot of fans would be disappointed to show up to a "Fleetwood Mac" show without Stevie, seeing as she is one of the faces of the band to casual fans. Are Mick and John touring with them? I got the impression Lindsey and Christine would be touring as a duo.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
The press articles are all mentioning John and Mick's involvement. How many tracks are they on?

If they are on every track, this really is a NEW Fleetwood Mac album.

It's not a new Mac album because Nicks is still in the band. Until/unless she will no longer tour with them, they likely didn't want to release an album as "Fleetwood Mac" if she wasn't on it.

My hope is that this is a question of balance: Putting out 'Buckingham McVie' now, because they love the music and want to get it out, and also putting the remaining songs towards a new Mac album in the future, once Nicks has her fill of doing her solo thing.

I think timing is really a big part of the problem atm. Nicks wasn't going to give up her "two years off" to do her own thing, and that has everything to do with why she wouldn't go into the studio with them right now.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You live in a fairy tale world. Of course Stevie Nicks is the reason they are not calling it Fleetwood Mac. Stevie is pulling a stunt that few rock performers pull. She has one foot in the band and one foot out of the band. Say You Will was Fleetwood Mac because Christine officially LEFT. She did not record or tour with the band. Behind the Mask was Fleetwood Mac because Lindsey did not record or tour with the band. Stevie does not want to record with the band. Boo hoo!
You see the difference? Because Stevie wants to ONLY tour with the band, it puts them in a odd situation. She is still part of the band. I think they should have called in Fleetwood Mac. All 4 other members play on the album. Your reason is laughable that fans would be "confused." Really? LMAO Were fans confused for Say You Will? The Tango tour? Behind the Mask? Us fans are not that stupid. Sorry! The ENTIRE band is very courteous to Stevie obviously to keep her involved ONLY where she wants to be. Its silly and childish. NO ONE is afraid of her. The band just has total class to not name a project Fleetwood Mac because one member is too stressed out to be in a recording studio and makes up phony reasons not to be there.
Of course, what's ironic here is that McVie had floated recording (but not touring) with Fleetwood Mac many years ago. The band rejected that, feeling that they didn't want to go out on the road as a foursome supporting an album that had McVie songs/singing on it that then either couldn't be replicated on the road or would have had to be done by Buckingham or Nicks.

And yet here is Nicks doing the opposite, saying she'll tour with the band but not record with them. I'm still hopeful though that once she gets tired of her solo stuff and wants to do the band thing again, they can essentially tell her what they'd told McVie before (only in reverse): If you want to tour with us, you have to record with us.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
It's not a new Mac album because Nicks is still in the band. Until/unless she will no longer tour with them, they likely didn't want to release an album as "Fleetwood Mac" if she wasn't on it.

My hope is that this is a question of balance: Putting out 'Buckingham McVie' now, because they love the music and want to get it out, and also putting the remaining songs towards a new Mac album in the future, once Nicks has her fill of doing her solo thing.

I think timing is really a big part of the problem atm. Nicks wasn't going to give up her "two years off" to do her own thing, and that has everything to do with why she wouldn't go into the studio with them right now.
Nicks has not been giving up her 2 years off for the last 8 years though. she doesn't want to record with Fleetwood Mac, period, and their current plan to stop waiting seems perfect to me. they'll do one huge final cash grab as FM, and call it a day. in the meantime Lindsey and Christine have BuckVie album and tour, and then Lindsey solo and Christine solo albums. no reason to keep waiting and hoping that there still will be a Mac album with Nicks. it didn't happen since 2009, it won't happen in 2019.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-15-2017, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Nicks has not been giving up her 2 years off for the last 8 years though. she doesn't want to record with Fleetwood Mac, period, and their current plan to stop waiting seems perfect to me. they'll do one huge final cash grab as FM, and call it a day. in the meantime Lindsey and Christine have BuckVie album and tour, and then Lindsey solo and Christine solo albums. no reason to keep waiting and hoping that there still will be a Mac album with Nicks. it didn't happen since 2009, it won't happen in 2019.

Unless this album achieves a degree of success... whether that be chart-wise, or critical success/awards. Then, there's every possibility she may change her mind and there would be a final 5-some album.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-15-2017, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Unless this album achieves a degree of success... whether that be chart-wise, or critical success/awards. Then, there's every possibility she may change her mind and there would be a final 5-some album.
it would have to be commercial success (that won't happen!) or awards. LB has had critical success with all his solo stuff in forever, and EP did too, she was pretty non-phased by that!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-15-2017, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
Of course, what's ironic here is that McVie had floated recording (but not touring) with Fleetwood Mac many years ago. The band rejected that, feeling that they didn't want to go out on the road as a foursome supporting an album that had McVie songs/singing on it that then either couldn't be replicated on the road or would have had to be done by Buckingham or Nicks.

And yet here is Nicks doing the opposite, saying she'll tour with the band but not record with them. I'm still hopeful though that once she gets tired of her solo stuff and wants to do the band thing again, they can essentially tell her what they'd told McVie before (only in reverse): If you want to tour with us, you have to record with us.
I don't think the band will ever record anything again. This last tour next year will probably be the end of Fleetwood Mac. I would expect Stevie may do one more solo tour though. I think too much is being made of Christine's offer to record with the band many years ago. She had officially left the band. So her offering was not seriously considered. I don't see it anyway related to what Stevie is doing. Unlike Christine who left the band, Stevie is still part of the band. Stevie is doing something very unusual. Its usually a member does not want the bother of touring. Stevie has no problems touring but cant bring herself to face a certain bandmate face to face to record. Pretty silly if you ask me.