Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default audio - LB discusses Christine McVie's status with FM

this seem to be parts of the same interview that was already printed somewhere, but i can't find anymore in which thread it was pasted so posting here separately:

http://www.wcsx.com/gmi/story.aspx?ID=1961738

there are 2 audio clips if you click on the link

Lindsey Buckingham Discusses Christine McVie's Status with Fleetwood Mac
By: Gary Graff
5/15/2013

So what's really going on with Fleetwood Mac and former member Christine McVie?

The issue came to light earlier this year when drummer Mick Fleetwood very publicly reached out to McVie, who left the band in 1998 and subsequently moved back to England. Fleetwood's gesture resulted in McVie, formerly married to Fleetwood Mac bassist John McVie, visiting the drummer at his home in Maui and also flying to Los Angeles to join the other band members for a reunion dinner.

Guitarist Lindsey Buckingham tells us:

"The five of us had dinner together, and that was great fun. It was very interesting to see what that extra piece of the puzzle does to the overall equation...It was a trip because she was the same old person I'd always known, and she was cracking me up."

But Buckingham he doesn't foresee McVie doing much else with the band, and certainly not becoming a full-fledged member again:

"I don't know what agenda Mick may or may not have had or what he thought he was gonna be able to accomplish...Maybe Mick, in the back of his mind, thought he was gonna accomplish something having to do with the band but, y'know, Christine is never gonna rejoin the band. She's never gonna tour with us. She's never really gonna do anything. If she wants to come up and do 'Don't Stop' when we're in England, I'd love to see that. But beyond that, I don't see there was anything that could have come out of that...I think Mick was just reaching out to her as a friend to kind of give her a little support."

Fleetwood Mac is currently on a North American tour that runs through July 6 and then heads to the U.K. and Europe in September.

CLICK HERE to learn out more about Gary Graff and his award-winning music journalism including the books he has written on Bob Seger, Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-17-2013, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's a fuller quote than we had before. Thank you.

Michele
Old 09-19-2013, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[THIS IS AN OLD INTERVIEW, but it contains expanded quotes from what we had before]

http://www.k-hits.com/musicnews/Story.aspx?ID=2043597

Lindsey Buckingham says Christine Mcvie won't tour with Fleetwood Mac

9/19/2013

Fleetwood Mac fans are buzzing over Christine McVie's upcoming performance with the band in Dublin on Saturday (September 21st) at The O2 Dublin. McVie, who quit the band in 1998, shortly after Fleetwood Mac's massive reunion tour behind its live album The Dance, has chosen to live a quiet, semi-retired life in England, but according to Stevie Nicks, will be traveling with the band to Ireland.

When we last caught up with him, Lindsey Buckingham told us that McVie didn't just quit Fleetwood Mac -- she started an entirely new life: "You have to backtrack to. . . with Christine. When she quit the band, clearly, she was not happy touring. She was. . . she never did enjoy the touring very much, but she felt the need to burn, pretty much, every bridge she had in the United States. She got a divorce, she sold her house, she sold her publishing, for God sake, she quit the band, she moved back to England and it was a radical series of things she did, and I'm not sure why."

Buckingham went on to talk about how drummer Mick Fleetwood has been trying to draw McVie out of her shell, having her come visit him in Hawaii and keep up a relationship of sorts with her former bandmates: "She got on a plane and she went over to Maui, and she spent, y'know, a few weeks over there with Mick, which I think was a great pallet cleanser for her. And my understanding is that it got her, sort of, re-energized. She came over to L.A. and the five of us had dinner together, and that was great fun. It was very interesting to see what that extra piece of the puzzle does to the overall equation. But, y'know, beyond that, I don't think you can say too much about it. I don't think. . . Y'know, maybe Mick in the back of his mind thought he was gonna accomplish something having to do with the band."

15 years after her departure, Buckingham is able to look at McVie's status with the band with great clarity despite the fans and Mick Fleetwood's desire to see McVie back in Fleetwood Mac: "Christine is never going to re-join the band, she's never going to tour with us, she's never really going to do anything -- I mean, if she wants come up and do 'Don't Stop' when we're in England, I'd love to see that. But beyond that, I just doesn't see that there was anything that could have come out of that beyond just the short-term objectives of that particular mission."