User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
He said September, but he also said he has no label and I think this was supposed to be a showcase to a lot of label execs (who didn't show?)...

Anyway, I hope it comes out in September but I would prefer May 3rd.
If he doesn't get a record label, I hope he's not scared to put it out himself.

Just sell it on your website, Lindsey. For us not to get this stuff would be a crime. This can't be shelved like GOS I was.

I was afraid that they wouldn't want cameras because they were taping this, but actually, they probably wanted this on Youtube. They want this out there to help get a label. Lindsey's people are probably on Youtube watching how many hits these videos get, so they can use those stats when they are shopping this record.

Michele
Old 04-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

I just want to say that I love everything I have seen on this thread. Everything. My genius bb never fails me. I'm of course not thrilled that I live in the freaking midwest and have a demanding job that requires my undivided attention this month, because believe me I would have been there. Michele, Elle, Pattie, CADreaming...what would we do without all of you (and others I didn't mention, my apologies) sharing this with us? The incredible recap, the videos, the freaking MP3...I love my LB fans, ugh.

I am thrilled. I will be certain to put on my traveling boots in September because this is going to be epic. Lindsey Buckingham is an American treasure and all of us who love and adore his immense talent are fortunate to be able to know of his existence/see him live in person/buy his music. It's just too great. He's one of those one-of-a-kind artists. Look, marvel, bask in all of the greatness that he exudes because he's one artist you won't find another of, period.

Thank you and I'm out.

Last edited by Nico; 04-23-2011 at 10:24 PM..
Old 04-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I just want to say that I love everything I have seen on this thread. Everything. My genius bb never fails me. I'm of course not thrilled that I live in the freaking midwest and have a demanding job that requires my undivided attention this month, because believe me I would have been there. Michele, Pattie, CADreaming...what would we do without all of you (and others I didn't mention, my apologies) sharing this with us? The incredible recap, the videos, the freaking MP3...I love my LB fans, ugh.

I am thrilled. I will be certain to put on my traveling boots in September because this is going to be epic. Lindsey Buckingham is an American treasure and all of us who love and adore his immense talent are fortunate to be able to know of his existence/see him live in person/buy his music. It's just too great. He's one of those one-of-a-kind artists. Look, marvel, bask in all of the greatness that he exudes because he's one artist you won't find another of, period.

Thank you and I'm out.
I agree with all of this. Especially bummed that I missed it since Wed night I ended up getting beaten up and spent wed/thurs in an emergency room--all the time thinking: I shouldn't be here; I should have gone to California! But I digress: not sure to what mp3s you are referring...

Yes, elle, michelle, etc. these recaps and youtube clips are treasures in and of themselves. Thank you all for this and so much else.

Based on the necessary limitations of cameraphones and YouTube, the two tracks that most strike me are 1) "End of Time" which I think is gorgeous and totally seductive melody--and he's right, it IS the end of time: I can FEEL it; and 2) "Stars Gone Crazy" which absolutely made me well up with emotion--which strangely synchronizes with my current existential angst.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 04-23-2011 at 10:29 PM..
Old 04-23-2011, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I agree with all of this. Especially bummed that I missed it since Wed night I ended up getting beaten up and spent wed/thurs in an emergency room--all the time thinking: I shouldn't be here; I should have gone to California! But I digress: not sure to what mp3s you are referring...
I'm so sorry to hear you were beaten. I wish you'd been here too, or any place but where it happened. Please have a speedy recovery.

CADreaming made an MP3 of Stars. That's what the post referred to.

Michele
Old 04-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mini Seeds

Here are the mp3's. Missing "Seeds We Sow". Hopefully we'll have that tomorrow. Thanks again, Pattie!

In Our Own Time - http://www.sendspace.com/file/adc9xx

Process of Illumination - http://www.sendspace.com/file/20d18r

Stars Are Crazy - http://www.sendspace.com/file/lsjaoy

The End of Time - http://www.sendspace.com/file/uzq93t

The Way Love Goes - http://www.sendspace.com/file/6rmkbw

Last edited by CADreaming; 04-26-2011 at 04:59 PM.. Reason: Replaced Illumination / Replaced In Our Own Time (2nd edit)
Old 04-23-2011, 10:25 PM
Ledgie

Terrific! Thank you for the MP3s.

IMO, some of these sound UTS-like (i.e. "take the musical idea of "Say Goodbye" and run with it"), but I hear the beginnings of a great new album here.

Very excited for the fall.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'm so sorry to hear you were beaten. I wish you'd been here too, or any place but where it happened. Please have a speedy recovery.

CADreaming made an MP3 of Stars. That's what the post referred to.

Michele
Thank you for the good word. Hate to bring that kinda personal info here but figure it's the perfect conclusion to the cautionary tale about the Lindsey tickets. I wish I had gone, but as all things in life, there were blessings: my best friend is in town so I had someone to take care of me these last few days and... now to hear to new Lindsey songs makes me count my blessings twice as much.

Thank you, CADreaming for these Mini Seeds.

We should start a thread assembling the tracklist as with In Your Dreams. That proved a fun way for everyone to play detective and share updates in anticipation of what was a far-off release date. We've got 7 tracks down.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 04-24-2011 at 05:09 AM..
Old 04-24-2011, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Here are the mp3's. Missing "Seeds We Sow". Hopefully we'll have that tomorrow. Thanks again, Pattie!

In Our Own Time - http://www.sendspace.com/file/uj3zpw

Process of Illumination - http://www.sendspace.com/file/087ymd

Stars Are Crazy - http://www.sendspace.com/file/lsjaoy

The End of Time - http://www.sendspace.com/file/uzq93t

The Way Love Goes - http://www.sendspace.com/file/6rmkbw
Thanks for these, loving Stars Gone Crazy

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 04-24-2011, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodmod View Post
Thanks for these, loving Stars Gone Crazy
loving all of them, although stars not that much. but the other 4 are so great, i don't know which one to listen to first
Old 04-24-2011, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the songs sound very much like extensions of the work he was doing on Gift of Screws.

And as with that album, I keep wishing this were part of a Fleetwood Mac album.

Lindsey's on fire.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
loving all of them, although stars not that much. but the other 4 are so great, i don't know which one to listen to first
Stars was my favorite when I left the concert Friday, but since I've been listening to these, I think I like "In Our Own Time" best. However, that's a shade of distinction that means little. I love End of Time, Stars and In Our Own Time all very much.

I'm so/so on Illumination, but I do like the rather sinister start, "I've got a bad reputation and you've got something to hide." Makes me feel all film noir-y.

Michele
Old 04-24-2011, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stars was my favorite when I left the concert Friday, but since I've been listening to these, I think I like "In Our Own Time" best. However, that's a shade of distinction that means little. I love End of Time, Stars and In Our Own Time all very much.

I'm so/so on Illumination, but I do like the rather sinister start, "I've got a bad reputation and you've got something to hide." Makes me feel all film noir-y.

Michele
Illumination makes me think of Fritz. It's got a '60's psychedelic feel.

Btw, I didn't like the sound, so here's a new file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/20d18r

I had the gain or something too low. Some of the other audiophiles like Brandon can probably doctor these up better....
Old 04-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Illumination makes me think of Fritz. It's got a '60's psychedelic feel.

Btw, I didn't like the sound, so here's a new file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/20d18r

I had the gain or something too low. Some of the other audiophiles like Brandon can probably doctor these up better....
You must have ESP! I was just listening to POI and thought the sound was too low. I thought it was from my file. You did a fine job with these MP3s! Thank you so much!
Yes, POI has a 60s feel for sure. I love it! Sounds like some group but I can't think of the name of it right now.
Oh and Seeds We Sow has been converted but my internet is not working right now. If it comes up I'm going to try to upload it asap.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
it's interesting how we all have different favorites and listen to different things in a song. when i left the concert my favorites were Illumination and The way love goes. although i felt a little strange that songs that i liked the most did not sound to me like a typical LB. when i started listening to Pattie's videos i thought i liked In our own time the best and was pleasantly surprised that what i managed to capture on video was that song... now in our own time and the way love goes are my definite favorites with illumination following close, although i do like the other two also, and i think that Stars sounds the most like typical LB stuff he's been doing in the last 10 years...

but what i listen to is mostly how the music/rhythm sounds, and barely register the words unless they are really great or really in-your-face horrible... from your description of the songs, i think you pay more attention to words and that's probably why we have different favorites.

good thing he gave us 6 songs all at once so we all love some of them

actually, after sleeping on all the excitement, i have to admit that no matter how much i liked UTS and GOS, before friday i believed he peaked with 2001 GoS 1, and that he'd never write again something that good. so, i'm so happy to be a fan at this time and feel privileged to even know this is happening. my expectations were so much lower and i just LOVE this group of songs and think they are unbelievable! like TrueFaith said - Lindsey's on fire!

Last edited by elle; 04-24-2011 at 03:08 PM..
Old 04-24-2011, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

So, um, how many of the lyrics do you think Kristen will get credit for writing?

Michele

No comment.