Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default New York June 4th!

Hi guys! I haven't been on here in a LONG time, but I'm going to the show at BB Kings Monday June 4th and am wondering who else is going?? It's general admission, which has me a little nervous as to when to get there and all that. Any suggestions? The last show i went to there was a tribute concert in 2003, LOL, so i forget what it was like.

Thanks and hope to see some of you!!!
Abbi
Old 06-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Abbi!! I wish I was going

You're going to love it!

When I went to Portland show ( my first GA ), I got there right when doors opened ( an hour prior to show ) and people were wrapped all the way around the building! And even though I managed to get near the front of the line, through another entrance, there were still only a few ( very few ) single seats near the stage ( 6th row side ), but I opted for balcony, all the way in the back. The sound was awesome and I enjoyed the show from a whole different perspective than I normally would!

Seattle show I got there maybe 10 minutes after doors opened and there were no seats availableon the floor I was with a friend and there was nothnig up front for two people. We had semi-reserved seats dead center, though, and stuck with those. However, when we drove past the venue maybe 90 minutes before doors opened, there was no line. So... depends on the place I guess, and how close you need to be. If you're determined to be UP FRONT I'd say get there 1 1/2 to 2 hours before show, to be safe. Or more like an hour if you're not as determined - lol. And of course, if you're anywhere on the floor at all, you can always just wander up to the stage, hope security is nice, and fans aren't pissy, and there you go
Old 06-02-2012, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbiJoy78 View Post
I'm going to the show at BB Kings Monday June 4th and am wondering who else is going?? It's general admission, which has me a little nervous as to when to get there and all that. Any suggestions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
When I went to Portland show ( my first GA ), I got there right when doors opened ( an hour prior to show ) and people were wrapped all the way around the building! And even though I managed to get near the front of the line, through another entrance, there were still only a few ( very few ) single seats near the stage ( 6th row side ), but I opted for balcony, all the way in the back. The sound was awesome and I enjoyed the show from a whole different perspective than I normally would!

Seattle show I got there maybe 10 minutes after doors opened and there were no seats availableon the floor I was with a friend and there was nothnig up front for two people. We had semi-reserved seats dead center, though, and stuck with those. However, when we drove past the venue maybe 90 minutes before doors opened, there was no line. So... depends on the place I guess, and how close you need to be. If you're determined to be UP FRONT I'd say get there 1 1/2 to 2 hours before show, to be safe. Or more like an hour if you're not as determined - lol.
now when you wrote this, and when i compare it to Fillmore show, i think this has been the pattern:
  • if you come 90mins or more before the show the line will still be short.
  • if you come at the time the door is opening (about 60 mins before the show) the line is very long

Viv and Del can comment whether it was the same in Santa Cruz.

seems if you want to be upfront you might be good if you get there 90 mins before the official time when the show starts?
Old 06-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay, maybe I've had strange experiences when I've gone but...I've been fairly close in line and ended up pretty far from the stage--every single time (and I think I've been there...maybe 8 times? Something like that).
I think it's totally at the discretion of the person who seats you (and you absolutely don't get to seat yourself). There are tables and booths and I think the booths are reserved for people who bought out the whole booth. The tables seat 8, I believe and, if you're by yourself, they just pack you in wherever they have room. They are pretty close together, too...so, wandering around is not that easy.
Now, I have never gone alone--so, it might actually be to your advantage because sometimes a table up front may just have 1 more person they can squeeze in.
I'm kind of nursing a bad foot right now so...I'm just going to show up closer to show time and sit where they put me. I have really good seats for Tarrytown, which--hopefully, will make up for BB's.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
now when you wrote this, and when i compare it to Fillmore show, i think this has been the pattern:
  • if you come 90mins or more before the show the line will still be short.
  • if you come at the time the door is opening (about 60 mins before the show) the line is very long

Viv and Del can comment whether it was the same in Santa Cruz.

seems if you want to be upfront you might be good if you get there 90 mins before the official time when the show starts?
We stood in line at Santa Cruz 90 minutes - were first in Gold Circle line - and got our front row centre seats
Old 06-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm going!

I have absolutely no idea when I'm getting there - will be coming from work (in the Bronx) and don't know when I'll get out.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thanks you guys for the suggestions. Here is some info which kind of contradicts your suggestions though, haha:

"Show starts at 9pm, doors open at 7pm"

SO....even if I get there 2 hours before the show starts, it would seem that this is when the doors open anyway, and therefore there might be a line that is very long by then. UGHHH! I am not going alone, I will be going with my best friend Janet -- she actually used to be a mod on here and was a member for YEARS. Not sure if anyone knows who she is. But anyway, so it's the 2 of us. We both took off work so we can get to the city early, but I just want to make sure that we get to the venue in plenty of time!! But now after what Regina said I'm nervous, because it sounds like they do what they want with you at that place!!

Well I hope it's a great night and feel free to come say hi -- you cannot miss us..we're both really TALL! Haha.

And hey Lindsfan!!! I miss you!!!!
Old 06-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbiJoy78 View Post
Thanks you guys for the suggestions. Here is some info which kind of contradicts your suggestions though, haha:

"Show starts at 9pm, doors open at 7pm"
yeah, after reading Regina's post i think that all our suggestions derived from west coast experiences are out the window. this venue seems to have a very specific arrangement. i'd listen to NYC area people who have been to this venue before.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I was there once before, to see Neil Innes. 2010 I guess? I still have the ticket stub - was doors @ 6, show @ 8. I don't remember when I got there. I do remember how tightly crammed the tables are.

This time, I will (most likely) end up there around 7 (based on general work leaving time). I still wish it wasn't a Monday - I have work at 8:30 (in the Bronx) the next day and I have to go home to Queens first!
Old 06-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Disclaimer: I haven't been there in probably a year and a half. Things might have changed.

I don't want to discourage anyone. And, they could have just figured I'm a somewhat agreeable person who does what people tell me (in spite of my posts)...so, that could be it. But, those were my experiences. And my mother reminded me that a whole lot of people seemed to have been seated already when we got there for the two shows I saw with her.

It's a strange place. I really do hope that they honor the first come-first seated policy, though. Because if you make the effort to arrive super early, you should be seated up front.

I will say, though...it's not a super-huge place. So, you can see pretty well from almost anywhere.

P.S. I totally remember Janet.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Try to eat and drink quietly, fellows.

Michele
Old 06-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's probably worth noting that Barack on Broadway, a benefit for President Obama that he is scheduled to appear at himself, is happening tomorrow night as well. It's taking place at the New Amsterdam Theatre, which is across the street from BB King's, so I wouldn't be surprised if there is some stricter regulations in place regarding standing around outside. I don't think they'd close the street until he arrives, which would likely be after everyone is inside, but who knows.

PS - I caved and bought a ticket. It's been feeling increasingly idiotic of me that I wouldn't be going to see one of my most favorite performers in a venue just blocks away from where I work. I am getting excited now!

Last edited by bucklind17; 06-03-2012 at 09:01 PM..
Old 06-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Are you kidding me? Tomorrow?
God almighty. I used to get stuck in traffic on the express bus for hours when Hillary Clinton (then First Lady) would just go Christmas shopping.
Okay. I'm done ranting. Sort of.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
Are you kidding me? Tomorrow?
God almighty. I used to get stuck in traffic on the express bus for hours when Hillary Clinton (then First Lady) would just go Christmas shopping.
Okay. I'm done ranting. Sort of.
Yeah. I am not sure what time it is supposed to start but I do know that he is scheduled to be at another event earlier in the day, so it's possible that he will be arriving after it begins. Also, the stage door for the theater is actually on 41st St., so it's possible they'll be securing that street (which is much quieter and would cause less drama to close down) and not 42nd, but I still wouldn't be surprised if there's heightened security and more crowd control on 42nd in the evening.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, I can imagine the mess. I could think of so many other places they could have done this which would have been less inconvenient for a whole mess of people (not only Lindsey-concert-goers) but all the tourists/all the Bway show attendees. All those hookers...oops. They don't work that street anymore.
But, no. They choose the busiest street in NY.
NY-gotta love it.
Thanks for posting this, though. I may have to rethink my original travel plans!