User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I'm actually hoping he's not reading any of this. It won't make him any good.

And I'm more surprised at Christine's coldness. I said many times I'm not giving a pass to any of them. It's easy to blame Mick and/or Stevie but the truth is they all remained quiet (even Campbell and Finn) and let things happen.
Mick and Stevie are just gross as far as the Lindsey situation. The McVie’s maybe a little less gross, but equally at fault. Even quiet Johnny. He or Chris could’ve put the kibosh on this crap at any time. Campbell and Finn saw a payday they’d never get otherwise and silently went along with the others.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Mick and Stevie are just gross as far as the Lindsey situation. The McVie’s maybe a little less gross, but equally at fault. Even quiet Johnny. He or Chris could’ve put the kibosh on this crap at any time. Campbell and Finn saw a payday they’d never get otherwise and silently went along with the others.
Re Neil, there was a tweet from Wembley the other day:

“Neil Finn singing Second Hand News at Fleetwood Mac did a good job but must be weird knowing 75000 people watching wish you were somebody else

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 06-19-2019 at 08:22 PM..
Old 06-19-2019, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I actually feel kind of sorry for Christine ..she seems like a decrepit old crone who can no longer sing or play.
I disagree that she can no longer sing or play. Her voice can’t handle arenas very well but she can still turn in a powerful studio recording, as her collaboration with Lindsey reveals. Was there studio machinery to help? Of course, but there is with Stevie, too. The point is, on record, Christine is as creative and viable as she’s always been. But because she’s frailer and because her 16-year absence essentially dethroned her as the once “guiding hand” in band affairs, we ARE seeing an echo of what she once was.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I disagree that she can no longer sing or play. Her voice can’t handle arenas very well but she can still turn in a powerful studio recording, as her collaboration with Lindsey reveals. Was there studio machinery to help? Of course, but there is with Stevie, too. The point is, on record, Christine is as creative and viable as she’s always been. But because she’s frailer and because her 16-year absence essentially dethroned her as the once “guiding hand” in band affairs, we ARE seeing an echo of what she once was.
Agree that she is different in the studio vs live. In fact, from a singing perspective, I always felt her voice was better aligned in the studio. Unfortunately, she took 16 of the worst possible years for a human to go dormant with their craft and then try a comeback afterward. And it’s just harder to cover up those weaknesses live.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I was at one of the first concerts of the On with the Show tour, october 2014, and frankly I didn't like Lindsey's voice. It was far lower than the last time I saw them (2009). Christine's voice wasn't the same either, but, to be honest, it was his voice that made me think... Ok, they are not singing that good anymore. Though the show was stunning, I think I'd understand if this is the last tour. My personal opinion.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I actually feel kind of sorry for Christine ..she seems like a decrepit old crone who can no longer sing or play. Mick has always been a money grubbing whore who even if he is sober is a dry drunk.Stevie to give the devil her due can still hold her own live. She should have just disbanded Fleetwood Mac (which she now runs) instead of letting it come to this pathetic end.
which is odd because she sounded fabulous on her last solo album; her voice was in fine fettle, and that made it all the weirder that she was so lost in the mix on BuckVie. She definitely was wobbly vocally on that tour, and surely the massive demands of a Mac world tour have not helped the situation.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Thank goodness! I NEVER ever ever want LB to breathe the same air as that gagworthy solipsistic bunch of has-beens.

This is GREAT news to me therefore. Let 'em rot elsewhere, far away from LB
Yes! That part doesn’t bother me in the least.

What bothers me - but doesn’t surprise me because every single thing Kristen Buckingham states turned out completely truthful over and over again - so yeah what does bother me is that Mick confirmed he hasn’t reached out to Lindsey even after Lindsey almost died. And he doesn’t even understand how horrible of a person that makes him look. Makes all of them look. Because they are such bad people that they obviously don’t get the most normal decent human behavior.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-19-2019, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Agree with this. She’s still inspired and can be great in the studio. Unfortunately what she came back to is a nostalgia live circuit and not a creative artistic entity. BuckVie album was happy and warm. But live Lindsey worked really hard to carry her on their tour. I loved BuckVie tour and their chemistry but it was liberating having full throttle Lindsey back on his solo anthology tour last fall.

Old 06-19-2019, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My two cents;

I think Chris was fine with Linds until the suit. She may have taken that a little personally even though she shouldn't have. I think she took it more as a slam at all of them rather than Linds just getting his due. Either way, I don't think she is one to hold a grudge anyway, look at all the crap the band has been through and she stuck in through the majority of the way regardless.

As far as Mick's comments go, we all know exactly what he meant; "I don't think there will be a point where the band's former members all end up back in a good place together.... unless of course our fellow guitarists leave and we cannot continue, then of course we would be willing to negotiate a sit-down for a potential reunion. The door is always open, always revolving."

Last edited by KenshiMaster16; 06-19-2019 at 11:33 PM..
Old 06-20-2019, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
My two cents;

I think Chris was fine with Linds until the suit. She may have taken that a little personally even though she shouldn't have. I think she took it more as a slam at all of them rather than Linds just getting his due. Either way, I don't think she is one to hold a grudge anyway, look at all the crap the band has been through and she stuck in through the majority of the way regardless."
This makes no sense whatsoever. I know it’s your 2 cents, but considering she sent Lindsey extremely nice email AFTER lawsuit was settled, it’s pretty obvious she had no problem with his lawsuit. And she has been pretty clear and consistent that she has nothing to do with his firing, that she was shocked when she heard of it, that she had great time with him for BuckVie, and that she accepted Lb is out only after Mick mansplained to her the situation the band is in. She should t have accepted Mucks mansplaining and possibly could have put a stop on the whole charade, but apparently she didn’t have a spine for it, and still doesn’t. At least she stopped giving the interviews trotting the company line.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:23 AM
Ledgie

"BuckVie album was happy and warm. But live Lindsey worked really hard to carry her on their tour."

Totally agree. It was kind of sad. She was definitely frail. And it seemed like Lindsey was holding back, careful not to upstage her too much.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

what was really interesting was that during the making of BuckVie Chris said that Stevie would call her periodically to ask how things were going and how Lindsey was behaving. Chris said she would report to Stevie that he was indeed "being a good boy" -- whatever that means. No outbursts? Not being too bossy pants? It wasn't clear. But it felt like Stevie was gauging maybe whether to ever agree to record again or not based on how he was with Chris, or maybe she was gauging how he was with someone other than herself ("oh he's all collaborative with Chris but not with me" or whatever). Did she think she had to be big sister looking out for Chris from big bad LB? The whole thing was very curious.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by g. fish View Post
"BuckVie album was happy and warm. But live Lindsey worked really hard to carry her on their tour."

Totally agree. It was kind of sad. She was definitely frail. And it seemed like Lindsey was holding back, careful not to upstage her too much.
I think some of the frailness and uncertainty we saw from her was LB's reliance on pre-recorded tracks. He's been doing it for years and when I saw him for his most recent solo tour a friend turned to me and said "those pre-recorded tracks are not cool. At all."

He may have been holding back a little, but I didn't see that.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 06-20-2019 at 01:38 PM..
Old 06-20-2019, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
She should t have accepted Mucks mansplaining and possibly could have put a stop on the whole charade, but apparently she didn’t have a spine for it, and still doesn’t. At least she stopped giving the interviews trotting the company line.
Yes--that's what is disappointing. Her allegiance to a band name, to Mick's mission, which was informed by Stevie's demands. If it were Lindsey they were saving, Christine would have done the same thing: toe the company line, give fake enthusiastic interviews, while intimating that she really respects and misses Stevie (instead of Lindsey). What we all wanted was the Christine of yore--the Christine of the Tusk tour who slaps people's faces or chuck's wine at them if they piss her off. That Christine is gone.

Thankfully, we still have the great tunesmith she is who can make very good records. I'm still hoping (no matter how delusional) for another solo or LB-collaboration from her...
Old 06-20-2019, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What they did to Lindsey was horrific and bullying, esp Mick and Stevie.

How John and Chris went along with it is ridiculously mean, and spineless.

How Mike and Neil went along with this............I don't care about the paycheque for them, even Rock n Roll has some kind of moral code about screwing over fellow artists, and I don't care about whether they were in the dark-at some point they found out what went down.....I'm sure that there must be higher morals around than here.

How they all ghosted him: they are all petty, rude and immature.

How they all ghosted him after a major health event: beyond anything I can even explain, I'm still shaking my head. And Mick admitting to it in the press, stupid a$$hole. He's so stupid he doesn't even realize how bad he looks.

For all those people making the snide and rude comments about Kristen, she has been DEAD RIGHT about this group of a$$holes. Thank goodness for her, or we may never have known what really went down.

Lindsey, my heart still breaks for him, every single time any of them open their mouths in an interview or a concert. He loved them, and put his heart and soul into this band, it still has to hurt.....no matter how much we think he's better off without them (and he is), it's just got to hurt him.