Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default review

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-03-2017, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Elle, post the video where Christine has the bat and waves it at Lindsey.

She was acting like she was Stevie and responding to the lyrics. lol

yeah they have a little reenactment of this at every show now, and it has a slightly different slant every time, sometime with a bat, sometimes with her crossed hands like Ana described when he was laughing so hard he couldn't go on singing, and it's always extremely cute! they really seem to be having fun together.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-03-2017, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 08-03-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

Yaaaassssss!!!!! Love this.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

yeah they have a little reenactment of this at every show now, and it has a slightly different slant every time, sometime with a bat, sometimes with her crossed hands like Ana described when he was laughing so hard he couldn't go on singing, and it's always extremely cute! they really seem to be having fun together.
is this posted??
Old 08-03-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:

This is so funny that it cracks them up, too!
Old 08-03-2017, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The bat! Sorry I couldn't delete the comments.

"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
is this posted??
That was Phoenix. Sorry, I don't have any video, but it happened as Elle described it.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 08-03-2017, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Awww! I love the second and third pic from yesterday!
Old 08-03-2017, 02:20 PM

That bat is killing me!! Wonder if there's more of an inside joke than we already know.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i love how he's refined this over the course of the tour.

but it also makes me giggle a little bit because it's certainly a far cry from that god-awful "she burned all her bridges"

She looks absolutely gorgeous in these. She's always, in my opinion, looked sexiest with longer hair. I don't know if it's extensions or whatever but she looks great. her makeup looks fantastic.

She SOUNDS wonderful.... on Red Sun she sounds as good as she did in Seattle so I was perplexed when people at other shows said she didn't sound so good on it. Maybe it just depends on the night He sounds better harmonizing with her on that song here than he did in Seattle but still not as good as she does. But he sounds strong on his lead vocals.

It's fun to see how she's morphed over the course of the tour-- she's grown a lot more comfortable it seems with being more upfront. She's developed her own repertoire of moves and direct engagements with the audience. She's picked up a few of the hand movement tricks from Stevie But she's definitely grown over the tour to be more actively a front person which she doesn't have as much burden to do with the full band with both Lindsey AND Stevie upfront. It's probably still not her favorite thing but she does it quite wonderfully in her own way on this tour.
Yeah, it's a nice "Chrisine is my favorite girl" speech now but there was a time when he wasn't so happy with her. But one can change I guess, and recognize the merits of someone. I guess at that time his wounded side was talking and maybe it was the only way he knew to express it.

Christine looks GREAT! The long hair and his eyes! My God, her eyes! They're so bright! And she sounded fine to me both in Vegas and in Phoenix, but it was better in Phoenix.

She was never a front person but she's gaining more confidence with this new project. She will never be Stevie, and frankly I don't want her to. But I think she's deserving what the audience is giving her every night so much!

I never realized she's picking Stevie's hand movements tricks. They're both crazy!
Old 08-03-2017, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That bat is killing me!! Wonder if there's more of an inside joke than we already know.
To be honest, I don't understand why they're using a bat. Maybe there's more than we know.... In fact, I want it to be more than we know, just to annoy Stevie.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
That was Phoenix. Sorry, I don't have any video, but it happened as Elle described it.

Alright elle, pony up the evidence. I'd love to see it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Awww! I love the second and third pic from yesterday!
yeah but eeeeewwwwwww to hugging him at the end of a show (or even during, frankly) when he's all dripping in sweat.....
Old 08-03-2017, 03:08 PM

Quote:
it reeks of inside joke
Old 08-03-2017, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Alright elle, pony up the evidence. I'd love to see it!

Haha, I was there, not Elle! I'd love to have some sort of evidence but unfortunately I don't.

What? You don't believe me?

Quote:
yeah but eeeeewwwwwww to hugging him at the end of a show (or even during, frankly) when he's all dripping in sweat.....
I'd love to hug him everywhere, at any time, in any place.