Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-15-2008, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
That STILL is my favorite version of GDW with Stevie singing.
The Central Park version is one of my favorites as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
(the 1994/95 tour with Bekka is my favorite Fleetwood Mac version)
Blasphemy.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
Could you image Stevie, Christine, and Sheryl on stage all at the same time? I imagine that much combined Estrogen withing 20 feet of Lindsey would sap every last drop of testosterone from him in two seconds. He's going to need some kind of constrictive pressure suit to keep it all inside if he ever wants to take part in any kind of studio recording.
I think you're selling Lindsey short.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-15-2008, 12:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How exciting....should all this come to fruition, I think this sounds very cool..
FM has always been about changing the guard, when nesessary, Sheryl is a super musician on her own and when she sings with others (bet Linds won't mind an extra backup guitar in the mix) and it'll keep Stevie happy, so group harmony will be hopefully be at a premium. Besides when she says she'll be "joining", I highly doubt it'll be FOREVER (just a tour I'd guess).
So c'mon folks lets look at this as a positive move, I might even think about seeing them if they come over here.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Blasphemy.
It's not like Stevie's versions were anything to write home about on the "Behind The Mask" tour. (IMO, they were horrid, if not completely unlistenable.) Bekka & co. at least did something different, and interesting, with the song. Sorry, I don't buy into that "sacred song" bull$h*t. If Lindsey and Stevie could do "Green Manalishi" and "Hypnotized," then there's nothing wrong whatsoever with Bekka doing "Gold Dust Woman" other than the fact that it was already one of those songs I really never need to hear again. Frankly, I think "Angel" or "I Don't Want To Know" would have been better choices.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-15-2008, 01:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It's not like Stevie's versions were anything to write home about on the "Behind The Mask" tour. (IMO, they were horrid, if not completely unlistenable.) Bekka & co. at least did something different, and interesting, with the song. Sorry, I don't buy into that "sacred song" bull$h*t. If Lindsey and Stevie could do "Green Manalishi" and "Hypnotized," then there's nothing wrong whatsoever with Bekka doing "Gold Dust Woman" other than the fact that it was already one of those songs I really never need to hear again. Frankly, I think "Angel" or "I Don't Want To Know" would have been better choices.
Totally off topic, but does anybody have an mp3 of Lindsey and Stevie doing Hypnotized? not sure if ive ever heard it. unless its on the one i have labeled "whos the new girl". Anyway, one of my top 10 fleetwoodmac songs ever.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
7. I have to say I always thought Sheryl would do a killer version of "Spare Me A Little Of Your Love." If it only brings that song back, I'd be happy.
Spare Me A Little would be great to hear live again.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislit18 View Post
I remember somebody said something about Sorcerer live?
I would just perfer that as Buckingham Nicks, I like that version much better anyways.
Cool. Lindsey could break out the banjo again.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

I'm not that excited about a Sheryl Mac 2009 Tour; it's always weird to hear other vocalists sing songs we've all been listening to for years.

IMHO, the real benefit of this "collaboration" would be in the studio; having a fresh songwriting/producing influence may be the catalyst for some interesting work.

cheers to all,
kenzo
Old 03-15-2008, 06:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Forgive my ignorance, but what are Stevie and Lindsey currently at loggerheads over. I thought the whole basis of The Dance/SYW was that the loggerheads era had largely passed.

And I have to confess that I don't think of Stevie as Sweet Girl - she strikes me more as Spoilt Girl.

Mind you, Mick had every right to say "grow up woman, you're the only woman in the band, take it or leave it". But he has obviously chosen not to. Judging by Sheryl's comments in the article, this is a joining of sorts when she says she'd love to do Second Hand News with them. To say nothing of The Chain which is usually the OPENING number, not a 'bring on the support act' encore.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So my opinion?
Fleetwood Mac without Stevie or Christine is nothing. But Stevie will not tour or do new album neither will do another woman in FM. Definitely, the best would be Christine, but we know ... she don´t want to do anything, so if Sheryl won´t become a member of FM we can say goodbye FM. It´s some chance to saw FM once again, or more?

So I´m definitely agree with Sheryl to beeing member of FM. It´s not some compensation of Christine, it´s simply new member also with new songs in FM concert setlist.

But the one thing I want all the time is to saw Stevie or FM touring in Europe... I don´t know if this, what is happening, helps it or not.

I want Stevie to tour in Europe!
Old 03-15-2008, 07:37 AM
joe

Has anyone checked any Sheryl website forums to either get any possible "inside" scoop? Just an idea...let me see what I can find....
Old 03-15-2008, 07:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This whole thing seems so strange to be because the Stevie-Sheryl friendship looked like it was sorta over, the last time they were phoographed together was in 2002, I think?

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 03-15-2008, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My mother said that she would actually take me to see FM [a band she dislikes] if Sheryl Crow was part of it -.-

I told her how i almost vomitted when i saw this thread, and i think she just likes to make me even more upset.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:15 AM
Ledgie

When I read about this in the paper this morning, it made me think about when Eric Clapton joined the Beatles in the studio and how George said suddenly everyone was on their best behavior. An outsider being there had a good effect on the band. Maybe this would be a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccafan5000 View Post

....And I REALLY want Lindsey to have one more solo tour before this happens, does that make me a needy person? Perhaps....

~Mic.
Then there are two needy people in the world. I'd like to see Lindsey solo again, too.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm just curious how exactly it would play out. I'm not a fan of Sheryl's, but until there's information as to what her role is going to be, I think I can deal. Especially if it means the opportunity to see FM live again. I don't really understand how Sheryl would be what Stevie needs to continue touring, though. If it's true she needs another female so she's not surrounded by guys, on a personal level, she can and has had that. If it's on a creative level, are we to believe that Sheryl coming into the band is automatically going to give Stevie whatever leverage she may need or is looking for? That's seem a little unlikely. But I do hope for the best.