User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-19-2014, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
please don't pour cold water on my [finally!] optimistic outlook. i want that album out!

yeah Stevie and Christine both don't have families they need to spend the holiday with, but Dave Stewart has, and relatively young kids if i remember correctly. would he really go to Nashville (where people go to record music ) for a weekend with these women if it wasn't work related? he just came back from working on another project in Jamaica. i choose to think this is great news, and why SN was not really much around with FM in the studio (although i really don't understand that attitude if they are really a band - i guess they are really more just a business than a band these days, at least as far as SN is concerned ) - she was waiting for DS to be free so he can help her out. and i think the fact Christine is there with them has to be good news since she can help Dave make those songs more FM/band sounding.
But it wouldn't make sense having Waddy on guitar. You don't have someone else on a guitar on a FM record.

Also there are 5 months until the tour starts. They aren't just going to slip a new album in right before it starts. They did it last year with the EP but we knew many months in advance that they planned to get some songs out in time for the tour. With a full album I think we'd already know about it if they were trying to get an album out before the tour and they probably would've waited to use the tour to promote their new album. As it is it's just a reunion tour.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't think his 80s work is in conflict with Stevie's own style. For instance, there's nothing about "Here Comes the Rain Again" and Annie's (sometimes sinister) voice and phrasing that would make me think this man shouldn't work with Stevie and couldn't bring something charismatic out of her. Christine is a different story, though.

Michele
I'm sure some people cringe at the thought of Dave being involved with Christine's songs or FM for that matter and honestly I thought the same when I found out he was working with Stevie until we got the "Everybody Loves You" snip and then all was well...
Old 04-19-2014, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
What does Martina McBride have to do with it?
With FM probably nothing...Dave works with her frequently or Kaya may be working with Martina while she's in town...
Old 04-19-2014, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Someone had Christine write GYOW on that autograph. That's funny. I'm sure Lindsey has been asked to write Don't Stop on things before.

I never thought they wouldn't get along. Just worried about what him working on her songs would sound like.

At any rate, I don't think that Stevie and Christine would be hanging out together socially in Nashville. Los Angeles, maybe, but not Nashville.

Michele
We know Lindsey is producing Christine's songs though and that she's been impressed with the results and chemistry so far.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
But it wouldn't make sense having Waddy on guitar.But it wouldn't make sense having Waddy on guitar. You don't have someone else on a guitar on a FM record.

Also there are 5 months until the tour starts. They aren't just going to slip a new album in right before it starts. They did it last year with the EP but we knew many months in advance that they planned to get some songs out in time for the tour. With a full album I think we'd already know about it if they were trying to get an album out before the tour and they probably would've waited to use the tour to promote their new album. As it is it's just a reunion tour.
Just because Waddy is there it doesn't mean he's going to be on the new FM record...

"You don't have someone else on a guitar on a FM record"

FM has had a LONG line of guitar players over the years...Just for the sake of argument let's say LB is furious over what Stevie wants in terms of the recording her songs and is unwilling to compromise and refuses to play on her songs and if this were to ever happen (Not that it would) who do you think Stevie would ask to play guitar on her songs...

Back to reality...
Waddy may just be there to help out with arrangements...
Let's face it a new FM record probably won't set any sales records and seeing as how this may be the last FM record why not have a little fun with it...Personally I would love to hear Lindsey and Waddy trading licks on a FM song...

As for the release date I think it will be next spring and this fall tour is just a warm up for bigger things to come...

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 04-19-2014 at 04:53 PM..
Old 04-19-2014, 04:43 PM
Junior Ledgie

Waddy wouldn't be a stranger to a Mac record... he did play rhythm guitar on "Sugar Daddy" after all!
Old 04-19-2014, 04:48 PM
Ledgie

[QUOTE=BlueDenimLamp;1126755]Just because Waddy is there it doesn't mean he's going to be on the new record...

Here's another possibility: Stevie may finally be working on her next solo project, including songs she wrote after losing her mother. There was talk a couple years ago that she was interested in working on a country-inspired CD. If you consider her recent experience with Lady A, combined with a trip to Nashville with her favorite producer (Dave Stewart), Waddy and Christine, maybe that's what they're working on?
Old 04-19-2014, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petercorbasson View Post
Waddy wouldn't be a stranger to a Mac record... he did play rhythm guitar on "Sugar Daddy" after all!
Some how I missed that...Is it in the credits?...I know Waddy was a little upset Mick didn't ask him to join FM in addition to asking Stevie & Lindsey...
Old 04-19-2014, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=TsnFan4Ever;1126758]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Just because Waddy is there it doesn't mean he's going to be on the new record...

Here's another possibility: Stevie may finally be working on her next solo project, including songs she wrote after losing her mother. There was talk a couple years ago that she was interested in working on a country-inspired CD. If you consider her recent experience with Lady A, combined with a trip to Nashville with her favorite producer (Dave Stewart), Waddy and Christine, maybe that's what they're working on?
Stevie has said recently that she couldn't record in "the big house" again...

If Stevie is working on a Solo project what does that say about the FM record?
Old 04-19-2014, 05:10 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Some how I missed that...Is it in the credits?...I know Waddy was a little upset Mick didn't ask him to join FM in addition to asking Stevie & Lindsey...
According to Allmusic and Wikipedia he did... I don't have my vinyl copy on hand to check for sure though.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petercorbasson View Post
According to Allmusic and Wikipedia he did... I don't have my vinyl copy on hand to check for sure though.
Well it must be true as he is also credited here...
http://discog.fleetwoodmac.net/songs...43&perfid=1250
Old 04-19-2014, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can the Moderators give this thread a better title??? Like "Stevie and Christine are in Nashville"

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 04-19-2014 at 05:42 PM..
Old 04-19-2014, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe Lindsey is flying in after the holiday? Mick too? The wonder why comment makes you think it has something to do with FM. If it were just a Stevie solo album he wouldn't say that. Plus Stevie would get such crap if she started recording a solo album right now when FM really needs her. I know I would hate her for it!!!
Old 04-19-2014, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Could this be another piece to the puzzle???

Stevie, Michelle and Christine...
Old 04-19-2014, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Where does it actually say Stevie is in Nashville, sorry if I've missed that post....